HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ott - Det

Old
09-24-2010, 12:56 PM
probertrules24

vCash: 500
Ott - Det

Ott
Carkner
Silfverberg
4th

Det
Ericsson
Miller
Ferraro

Carkner would bring toughness to Detroits bottom pair. Along with Salei that would be a gritty third pairing. Carkners potential is probably a #5 or 6 D-man.

Ericsson has one of the hardest shots on the Wings. He is still a little raw but I believe one day he will end up a #4 and for sure a good #5.

Silfverberg and Ferraro were both 2nd round picks with Ferraro going a little earlier
32nd to 39th. Both have potential and both have question marks. The reason I like Silfverberg is he's playing for Brynäs with Järnkrok

Miller played great for the Wings and helped out with the PK. His play earned him a new 1 year deal from Holland. By trading Miller it give Ritola a chance to step up and be the 13th forward this year.

We could even leave out Silfverberg and Ferraro if that makes it better.

What are your thoughts? Not sure if this is close.

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Chrass

Carkner's toughness is to valuable for Ottawa to trade away. They need him at the moment so I doubt he'd go anywhere.

As for Ericsson, I think Ottawa would plainly want forward prospects - they have so many D prospects at the moment I don't think they need another.
Here's a little list:
Rundblad
Wiercioch
Cowen
Lee
Sdao
Borowiecki
Wideman
Aneloski
Gryba
Benoit
Blood
Lyamin

I don't know enough about Miller and Ferraro to make a comment about them, but I personally like Silvferberg.

Chrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

Value is close, but a no thank you none-the-less from a Senators fan.

If we trade Carkner, it means Cowen is replacing him, so we would want a top-6 forward prospect coming back and not another defender. (Yeah, Carkner is not exactly worth a top-6 forward prospect)

We also have no need for Miller as we are swimming in bottom-6 forwards at the moment.

Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 01:08 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 145
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
I would do this from the Sens perspective.

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 01:15 PM
probertrules24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobofish View Post
Value is close, but a no thank you none-the-less from a Senators fan.

If we trade Carkner, it means Cowen is replacing him, so we would want a top-6 forward prospect coming back and not another defender. (Yeah, Carkner is not exactly worth a top-6 forward prospect)

We also have no need for Miller as we are swimming in bottom-6 forwards at the moment.
The reason I was thinking of Carkner for Ericsson is Ericsson would take Carkner's spot for this year. I understand not wanting to give up Carkner for his toughness this is why I would love him on Detroit. Ericsson has fought in the past and is expected to fight a little more this year (Not many other guys but him and Abdelkader). I know he won't bring anything near the amount of toughness Carkner does but I was hoping his potential would help balance it out a bit.

Old
09-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Kezia
egg

vCash: 50
No reason for Ottawa to do this.

Kezia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 01:57 PM
The Chef*

Get rid of Carkner and we have one of the softest defenses in the league. For that reason alone, no thank you.

The Chef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 01:58 PM
probertrules24

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef View Post
Get rid of Carkner and we have one of the softest defenses in the league. For that reason alone, no thank you.
What about Lee. Sorry just finished watching his fight the other night.

Old
09-24-2010, 02:30 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 50
I certainly wouldn't object if this trade went down, Ericsson is a pretty good replacement for Carkner.

CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Laoghaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post
Ott
Carkner
Silfverberg
4th

Det
Ericsson
Miller
Ferraro

Carkner would bring toughness to Detroits bottom pair. Along with Salei that would be a gritty third pairing. Carkners potential is probably a #5 or 6 D-man.

Ericsson has one of the hardest shots on the Wings. He is still a little raw but I believe one day he will end up a #4 and for sure a good #5.

Silfverberg and Ferraro were both 2nd round picks with Ferraro going a little earlier
32nd to 39th. Both have potential and both have question marks. The reason I like Silfverberg is he's playing for Brynäs with Järnkrok

Miller played great for the Wings and helped out with the PK. His play earned him a new 1 year deal from Holland. By trading Miller it give Ritola a chance to step up and be the 13th forward this year.

We could even leave out Silfverberg and Ferraro if that makes it better.

What are your thoughts? Not sure if this is close.
Miller doesn't fill a need for Ottawa. They have a good PK and while that may change with the departure of Volchenkov the question marks for a successful PK are certainly not one of forwards. Ericsson provides nothing that Carkner can't this season and nothing that the Senator's plethora of defensive prospects couldn't provide in the future. And as for Ferraro, he is not what the Senator's need. He is the type of player that will almost certainly have a career in the NHL but he is very doubtful to be a big part of a teams offence, while Silfverberg is less likely to make the NHL he is a "boom or bust" type prospect that the Senators need due to a huge lack of forward prospects with offensive potential.

WALL OF TEXT MOTHER ****ER

Laoghaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 09:34 PM
Marky9er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laoghaire View Post

WALL OF TEXT MOTHER ****ER

I'd love to have a guy like Carkner in Detroit. It's a little early to give up on Ericsson, on the other hand. If you cut off the fat in this deal, I don't think either team is ready for a Carkner for Ericsson deal. The value is too good for Ottawa, and the potential for Ericsson is too great to give up on at this time of year.

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 08:43 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENNY14O4 View Post
No reason for Detroit to do it either

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 10:15 AM
MoreGore

Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post
Ott
Carkner
Silfverberg
4th

Det
Ericsson
Miller
Ferraro
Perhaps the value is ok, but Ottawa has no need for this deal.

Carkner is exactly the kind of layer we need on Defense (given the softies with have above him). Miller, whom I don't really know, but given the description would just end up going on waivers, or pusing out another guy on our roster. So getting Miller either eats up cap space, or we need to remove another player.

Carkner for Ericsson is really what it boils down to. Based on that, nope, Carks is needed here in Ottawa.

MoreGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

Pass. I'd like to keep Carkner kicking around on the 5-6 pairing and I'm not ready to pass up Silfverberg quite yet. Forsberg picked him as a "project" and it would be foolish to bail just after the development had begun.

Highbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 12:14 PM
canadianwingnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENNY14O4 View Post
What the other guy said, no reason for either team to do it.

Last edited by canadianwingnut: 09-25-2010 at 12:15 PM. Reason: mimiced post.. heh
canadianwingnut is offline   Reply With Quote