HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lecavalier or Richards?

View Poll Results: Trade for Lecavalier or Richards?
Lecavalier 11 11.22%
Richards 29 29.59%
Neither 58 59.18%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old
09-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Captain Monglobster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Btw, why was Vinny chosen for this poll?
Pure unbridled speculation. I'm curious to see which one Ranger fans prefer.

Captain Monglobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Staals Eye
What me worry?

I wouldnt take either, but in NO way would i take Vinny's Contract. like 24 years at 13 mil a year lol.

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
I would take Stepan. What do we have to trade away to get him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerssharks414 View Post
Haha, this made me laugh too. Probably a typo, but still funny.
Nope, not a typo, a joke.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 11:35 AM
HockeyBurd*

Both make no sense at all to the point that I can't imagine even somebody like Sather making the trade.

How can you even get Lecavalier? Redden can't be traded. And he comes back on the books next offseason. So you add an 8 million contract for the next 11 years? How could that possibly work?

You throw away assets like Dubinsky + prospects, picks for one season of Richards on a non contending team when you can simply try and sign him next offseason? Sounds atrocious.

It's just another rumor like all the other rumors that pop up around here. "Bona fide #1" is probably a #2. Or it's something completely out of left field.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 11:40 AM
broadwayblue

Neither will bring us the Goblet this year. So that eliminates Richards. Lecavalier is on a crazy long and expensive contract + he is entering the decline of his career, so that eliminates him. Choice C was the correct answer for all you scoring at home.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

I'll take the one that costs the most and will produce the least.

That's what's going to happen anyway so I may as well get what I ask for.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Deathstroke

Neither of them can fit under the cap with out making more moves to clear space which really makes no sense at this point. Of the two I'd rather have Richards only because Vinny's contract is insane but I'd like to see us go with what we have this season.

I'm all for bringing in Richards this off season if he makes it to UFA.

Deathstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

If Lecav was to come really cheap because of his contract, I'd take him. I know his contract is a joke, but I love the guy and he's a hell of a player. Richards I feel is going to come at a high price despite being a UFA. Not worth it. Lecav may come way cheaper.

Still, I don't think either are going to be available. Especially not Vinny. He has a NTC and the team seems to want to retain him.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:07 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
I'll take the one that costs the most and will produce the least.

That's what's going to happen anyway so I may as well get what I ask for.
Hahaha!

So sad, but so true.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:08 PM
AXN

I did not think Stepan would be this good this fast. He could be Richards in one year.
Probably the best thing that can happen.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Now? Neither. I'd take Richards as a UFA next summer for less than 7.8 million a year. He's had a couple of 90 point seasons, but to me the only way you give a guy 7.8 a year is if he is guaranteed to hit 90 or close to it every season. Not if he has a chance to score 90 but also has an equal chance to score 70. He's been kind of up and down though you can make the case that he will hit 90 with Gaborik on his wing. The last thing we need is to pay a guy that is not worth it a ****-ton of money.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Chazoulay

i love Lecav, but his contract is terrible

Chazoulay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Would have loved LeCav a few years ago, but now? Nope...And the hit? Way ...way too much money. It would like doing 2 years on a six year sentence, finally paying your debt to society and getting released early... and then going out and commiting the same crime all over again. If the trade was made for Vinny, and Sather gave up talent to get him then he would officially have to get his head examined.

Onto Richards...Overrated, and incredibly soft. With Gabby could put up numbers, but I still just don't like him as a player. IMO, he's one dimensional. <--But, I freely admit he would be the most talented center the club has.

Personally I would rather see Stepan.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:56 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

We do not need to trade or acquire a #1 center.

Stepan
Anisimov
Werek
Yogan

We have so many center emerging, its pointless to trade any value for one.

Stepan WILL be the #1 center. Anisimov WILL be the #2 center.

We have plenty of guys to fill the #3 role especially Werek.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 02:01 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

btw, didnt notice "neither" as an option...guess i should pay attention to these things...but if my choices were richards or lecavalier, id take lecavalier....if its those 2 or neither, id take neither hands down.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
btw, didnt notice "neither" as an option...guess i should pay attention to these things...but if my choices were richards or lecavalier, id take lecavalier....if its those 2 or neither, id take neither hands down.
Right. Lets show them! We don't want first line centers here that are paid 6 mil or over, that is reserved for our 3rd line centers.

C'mon as popular as Stepan is I really hope no one thinks he's better than Lecavalier. Out of all of these prospects not one of them projects to be as good as Lecavalier (franchise player/top center).

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 02:17 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post

C'mon as popular as Stepan is I really hope no one thinks he's better than Lecavalier. Out of all of these prospects not one of them projects to be as good as Lecavalier (franchise player/top center).
You are right, Stepan isn't better than Vinny. But he'll be a hell of a lot more productive this year (on a point/dollar basis) and his best years are still years away...which is good since we're still years away from contending.

Honestly I'd rather go with Stepan this year than trade say Callahan and a 2nd round pick for Lecavalier. We're still seriously hampered by 2 of the 3 bad recent contracts, no reason to be back with 3 again by bringing in another.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
You are right, Stepan isn't better than Vinny. But he'll be a hell of a lot more productive this year (on a point/dollar basis) and his best years are still years away...which is good since we're still years away from contending.
Tell that to Hank.

Old
09-25-2010, 02:19 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Right. Lets show them! We don't want first line centers here that are paid 6 mil or over, that is reserved for our 3rd line centers.

But you can't think of it like that.

We have a 20 year old who's looked pretty good so far in a situation where our center situation has been bad at best. Some of us don't want to give up players to grab Richards, and LeCav is a Lightning for life.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
But you can't think of it like that.

We have a 20 year old who's looked pretty good so far in a situation where our center situation has been bad at best. Some of us don't want to give up players to grab Richards, and LeCav is a Lightning for life.
It's been one preseason game. Playing with two pretty darn good players, this wins him the reins of the top center position? This makes us stop looking to fill a gap that has been here a long long time? We have been without a top center a long time and i'm hoping we see one soon.

Old
09-25-2010, 02:32 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Well I voted for the Richards option but I'm not crazy about trading for him. And Vinny's contract makes that a non starter. I'm in the camp of starting the season with what we've got and then let's see what might become available.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 02:36 PM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:

As though that's the reason nobody wants him here... or the reason why he won't be here. I'm pretty sure in 5 years and beyond, Stepan actually will be the more productive player at that time. And Lecavelier will still be making 8 million.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 02:38 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I have to bury my head in my hands reading some if this stuff.

Stepan isn't as good as Lecavalier, so we should trade all of our prospects (because that's what it would take) for a guy who's contract is worse then any contract in Rangers history.

They didn't just clear Redden's cap hit so they could go out and get worse contracts.

And contrary to some here, Stepan WILL be the face of the organization, bank it, the kid is going to be a leader by example and voice, and if this team ever wins the Cup again, he's going to be the one that leads them there.

Lofty, fine, but that's how it'll be. And I'm sure that's what they're hoping for.

People who don't want a young team, people who don't value rooks and prospects, should just stop watching the Rangers, because that's the future of the organization.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 02:42 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
It's been one preseason game. Playing with two pretty darn good players, this wins him the reins of the top center position? This makes us stop looking to fill a gap that has been here a long long time? We have been without a top center a long time and i'm hoping we see one soon.

One preseason game, camp, and his entire hockey career?

That's what i'm basing my opinion on. Stepan has never failed to impress. Just because he's young and inexperienced now doesn't mean trading Dubinsky and Anisimov and whatever else for Richards will be good when Step is ready for the 1st line truly.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 02:42 PM
I am a Ranger

I looked back at the stats of Richards and Lecavalier and I didn't realize the numbers Vinny had. I would rather have Lecavalier over Richards. Easily!

I am a Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote