HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pre #4: Flyers at Wild - Saturday, Sept. 25, 2010 - 8:00 PM (ET)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-25-2010, 06:00 PM
  #51
GirouxCouturier
GirouxMVP
 
GirouxCouturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwood View Post
I don't know if you're familiar with our goalie situation, but that will likely not be an issue.

I kid. I totally support Leighton, Boosh, and Bob and hope they rock out this year.
It will be a huge issue. Especially if bob plays

GirouxCouturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 06:00 PM
  #52
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Sweet song!
And it's the long version too. Gotta love Big Willie.

__________________
Blog: First Round Bust: A Cast of Thousands celebrating a rather dodgy track record of Minnesota Wild Drafting.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 06:01 PM
  #53
smacklby
Registered User
 
smacklby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Testwuide hasnt deserved a spot on the team.

If I were to 100% guess the lineup for regular season, it would be

Carter-Richards-Zherdev
Hartnell-Briere-Leino
JVR-Giroux-Guerin
Shelly-Betts-Lappy

Powe takes Betts spot till healthy.
Since thinking about it, I've come up with these lines:

Option 1:
JVR-Richards-Carter
*Nodl-Giroux-Zherdev
Hartnell-Briere-Leino
Carcillo-Betts-Guerin

Option 2:
Carter-Richards-Guerin
JVR-Giroux-Zherdev
Hartnell-Briere-Leino
Carcillo-Betts-*Nodl


* This position is available for rookies: a player who compliments the line with strong board work and who is strong defensively, most of all. Having some scoring skills also helps, significantly.

**Extras: Jody Shelly/Lappy/Powe/*Testwuide/Rookie callups

** The extras fill in the lineup when players are injured or when their presence in the lineup creates better matchups with another team.

smacklby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 06:06 PM
  #54
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smacklby View Post
Since thinking about it, I've come up with these lines:

Option 1:
JVR-Richards-Carter
*Nodl-Giroux-Zherdev
Hartnell-Briere-Leino
Carcillo-Betts-Guerin

Option 2:
Carter-Richards-Guerin
JVR-Giroux-Zherdev
Hartnell-Briere-Leino
Carcillo-Betts-*Nodl


* This position is available for rookies: a player who compliments the line with strong board work and who is strong defensively, most of all. Having some scoring skills also helps, significantly.

**Extras: Jody Shelly/Lappy/Powe/*Testwuide/Rookie callups

** The extras fill in the lineup when players are injured or when their presence in the lineup creates better matchups with another team.
Lappy a call-up?? Carcillo should take his place as a call up. Nodl should take Powe's place as a call-up

He is the teams best Penalty killer..

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 06:10 PM
  #55
smacklby
Registered User
 
smacklby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post
Lappy a call-up?? Carcillo should take his place as a call up. Nodl should take Powe's place as a call-up

He is the teams best Penalty killer..
No, I have Lappy as an extra, but one who could easily take Carcillo's or Nodl's place if he provides a better advantage when matching up with another team. I want a checking 4th line, which also has some scoring ability. I think Carcillo has more scoring ability than Lappy. But, Lappy probably is the better defensive player, especially on PK. The 'callups' are all rookies, not veterans and would only be needed if there were injuries and/or a rookie is playing well and the organization wants to give him some games in the NHL.

smacklby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 06:23 PM
  #56
mirimon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Wrong Town
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Unless Lappy's age starts to show he'll be on that fourth line for sure. There's no way Carcillo, Powe or Nödl (wtf? keep him away from Giroux and Zherdev, please) will play ahead of Laperrière, at least based on what they showed last season.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 06:28 PM
  #57
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Unless Lappy's age starts to show he'll be on that fourth line for sure. There's no way Carcillo, Powe or Nödl (wtf? keep him away from Giroux and Zherdev, please) will play ahead of Laperrière, at least based on what they showed last season.
There is absolutely no one on this team that will take Lappy off the 4th line.

This team is pretty loyal to veterans unless, ya know, you are the longest tenured veteran. In that case you are total ****. But, if you are the second longest or lower, you are absolutely safe.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 06:33 PM
  #58
jd2210
Registered Non User
 
jd2210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,542
vCash: 500
I'd be surprised to see Nodl make it over Lappy Carcillo and Powe. I would like to see him make it over Guerin though.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 06:36 PM
  #59
smacklby
Registered User
 
smacklby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
There is absolutely no one on this team that will take Lappy off the 4th line.

This team is pretty loyal to veterans unless, ya know, you are the longest tenured veteran. In that case you are total ****. But, if you are the second longest or lower, you are absolutely safe.
I can understand why some fans have such high opinion of Lappy for his defensive and PK skills, but he does NOT score enough for me. He is not really so invaluable defensively that he cannot be replaced in the lineup with other players who are strong defensively and have better scoring, board, speed and skating skills, imo, of course.

smacklby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 06:38 PM
  #60
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by smacklby View Post
I can understand why some fans have such high opinion of Lappy for his defensive and PK skills, but he does NOT score enough for me. He is not really so invaluable defensively that he cannot be replaced in the lineup with other players who are strong defensively and have better scoring, board, speed and skating skills, imo, of course.
He plays on the 4th line.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 06:43 PM
  #61
smacklby
Registered User
 
smacklby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
I'd be surprised to see Nodl make it over Lappy Carcillo and Powe. I would like to see him make it over Guerin though.
It doesn't have to be Nodl, per se. My point is more that I see a position open for a rookie to fill in the lineup. Nodl has looked pretty impressive, consistently. Others have looked good too, but maybe not as consistently as Nodl, in my view. It could be a good thing if one of these rookies can score and make an impression, because I think we could use one to crack the lineup.

I like Guerin, and think he will fit in well with other lines; maybe not regularly but at least fairly regularly.

smacklby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 06:46 PM
  #62
smacklby
Registered User
 
smacklby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
He plays on the 4th line.
so if we could have a 4th line checking line which has some scoring ability, would you be opposed to it?

I'd prefer to have a 4th line checking line with scoring ability.

smacklby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 06:50 PM
  #63
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by smacklby View Post
so if we could have a 4th line checking line which has some scoring ability, would you be opposed to it?

I'd prefer to have a 4th line checking line with scoring ability.
4th liners that can score and are also elite PKers aren't 4th liners...

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 06:50 PM
  #64
Pwood
B-B-B-Bus can't swim
 
Pwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kentucky
Country: United States
Posts: 1,879
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Pwood Send a message via Yahoo to Pwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by smacklby View Post
so if we could have a 4th line checking line which has some scoring ability, would you be opposed to it?

I'd prefer to have a 4th line checking line with scoring ability.
Um, then it would be a scoring line, and not the 4th. They are on that line together for a reason. If they score a goal, great. But that's not what their main role is.

It's not like potent offense is easy to come by on the 4th line anyway

Pwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 06:55 PM
  #65
smacklby
Registered User
 
smacklby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwood View Post
Um, then it would be a scoring line, and not the 4th. They are on that line together for a reason. If they score a goal, great. But that's not what their main role is.

It's not like potent offense is easy to come by on the 4th line anyway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
4th liners that can score and are also elite PKers aren't 4th liners...
says who? is there some rule against having a 4th line checking line with players who can score? it may be difficult to accomplish under the cap, but if I could have 4 lines capable of scoring and playing solid defensively, then I certainly would not be opposed to it.....

smacklby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 06:56 PM
  #66
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by smacklby View Post
says who? is there some rule against having a 4th line checking line with players who can score? it may be difficult to accomplish under the cap, but if I could have 4 lines capable of scoring and playing solid defensively, then I certainly would not be opposed to it.....
Says the agents of those players...

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 06:58 PM
  #67
smacklby
Registered User
 
smacklby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Says the agents of those players...
Cant the Flyers put these agents on their payroll?


smacklby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 06:59 PM
  #68
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,849
vCash: 500
so are we NOT expecting a live stream of this game ???


Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 07:00 PM
  #69
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smacklby View Post
says who? is there some rule against having a 4th line checking line with players who can score? it may be difficult to accomplish under the cap, but if I could have 4 lines capable of scoring and playing solid defensively, then I certainly would not be opposed to it.....
Name a 4th liner that can score and is an elite pker.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 07:02 PM
  #70
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by smacklby View Post
Cant the Flyers put these agents on their payroll?

Are you stoned?

You are describing, at worst, solid 3rd line players. They get paid prohibitively much to be on the 4th line. No team can afford that. Certainly not the Flyers who have so much tied up in defense. Last season, when healthy, the Flyers had the best 4th line in the league. I'm not sure why you are even trying to upgrade it. There isn't anything to upgrade. Our 4th line is reasonably priced and extremely effective.

This isn't NHL 11. You can't have 4 lines without any holes. The Flyers are lucky to have such a great 4th line as it is.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 07:03 PM
  #71
smacklby
Registered User
 
smacklby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
so are we NOT expecting a live stream of this game ???

I'm going to try these, but I also think the Flyers are providing video feed to Philly locals, which I am not anymore.

http://www.rajangan.net/


http://www.channelsurfing.net/

smacklby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 07:03 PM
  #72
medicman
 
medicman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Myerstown PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
so are we NOT expecting a live stream of this game ???

flyers.nhl.com flyers tv

medicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 07:03 PM
  #73
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
There is absolutely no one on this team that will take Lappy off the 4th line.
Bingo. Lappy is one of this team's best PKer's, and absolutely the guy I want out there to provide energy, a few hits, and there isn't anyone in the league who is more willing to block shots.

Sitting Lappy is a ridiculous thought.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 07:03 PM
  #74
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smacklby View Post
Since thinking about it, I've come up with these lines:

Option 1:
JVR-Richards-Carter
*Nodl-Giroux-Zherdev
Hartnell-Briere-Leino
Carcillo-Betts-Guerin

Option 2:
Carter-Richards-Guerin
JVR-Giroux-Zherdev
Hartnell-Briere-Leino
Carcillo-Betts-*Nodl


* This position is available for rookies: a player who compliments the line with strong board work and who is strong defensively, most of all. Having some scoring skills also helps, significantly.

**Extras: Jody Shelly/Lappy/Powe/*Testwuide/Rookie callups

** The extras fill in the lineup when players are injured or when their presence in the lineup creates better matchups with another team.
I don't know where you came up with the idea of Lappy as a call-up, but I think at this point, our ideal lineup for the regular season is something like this:

Nodl - Richards - Giroux
Hartnell - Briere - Leino
vanRiemsdyk - Carter - Zherdev
Carcillo - Betts - Laperriere
Shelley - Powe

Pronger - Carle
Timonen - Coburn
Meszaros - O'Donnell
Walker - Bartulis

Leighton
Boucher
Bobrovsky*

* Bobrovsky could likely be the best candidate immediately even if we feel we should not rush him.

Bold: While I think that should be our basic top 9, the actual lineup is open to interpretation outside of Hartnell - Briere - Leino:

vanRiemsdyk - Richards - Giroux
Nodl - Carter - Zherdev

or

Nodl - Richards - Giroux
vanRiemsdyk - Carter - Zherdev

or

Carter - Richards - Zherdev
vanRiemsdyk - Giroux - Nodl

etc.

One thing I will make clear, particularly about that last suggestion, is that I'd rather let Giroux "suffer" on the wing, than watch Carter and Richards together on the same line. It's frustrating to watch two dogs fight over one chew toy.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 07:10 PM
  #75
smacklby
Registered User
 
smacklby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Are you stoned?

You are describing, at worst, solid 3rd line players. They get paid prohibitively much to be on the 4th line. No team can afford that. Certainly not the Flyers who have so much tied up in defense. Last season, when healthy, the Flyers had the best 4th line in the league. I'm not sure why you are even trying to upgrade it. There isn't anything to upgrade. Our 4th line is reasonably priced and extremely effective.

This isn't NHL 11. You can't have 4 lines without any holes. The Flyers are lucky to have such a great 4th line as it is.
Actually I was joking, about putting the agents on Flyers payroll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post
Name a 4th liner that can score and is an elite pker.
But, I think both you guys have missed my point, or at least partly missed it. All I am saying is put together the best 4th line possible. There is nothing against having a checking 4th line which has scoring ability, and if the Flyers can do that by replacing Lappy with another player who has better scoring ability and who is solid defensively, especially if he matches up well/better against another teams lineup then I would hope the Flyers do that..... I think it may be possible, especially if a rookie plays wells and can break the lineup, which I think some of the rookies may be able to accomplish, or at least I hope one of them can do it.

smacklby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.