HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Goodenow vs. Jacobs (anyone hear of this?)

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2005, 02:37 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Goodenow vs. Jacobs (anyone hear of this?)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...ight&type=lgns

"Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, someone from the league office - perhaps Bettman or Bill Daly, the NHL's executive vice president and chief legal counsel - apparently pointed out to Jacobs that the goal was to extend the negotiations, not abruptly end them. "

Old
04-26-2005, 02:42 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Yea the idiot (Jacobs) at the end of the meeting said something stupid to Goodenow like "Well that just not going to work with(I dont know the exact...), and Goodenow said "Its not suppose to", then Jacobs starred down Goodenow which really pissed Bob off and then Jacobs said something like "Maybe we shouldn't negotiate anymore". Hes such a moron.

edit - Guess I should have clicked the link first...everything i said is in the article with the actual quotes.

Old
04-27-2005, 02:23 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Hes such a moron.
He's a hawk, pure and simple. The good thing to be taken from this is that Bettman/Daly brought him to heel. We might take that as a hopeful sign that the hawks aren't running the show from the league's perspective.

Old
04-27-2005, 05:45 PM
BigE

Nice find.

Old
04-27-2005, 10:32 PM
pld459666

See, Jacobs is an idiot

If I have any inkling that he was out to better the league and not line his own pockets I could see him making a comment like that, but the plick has gotten so fat off the Bruins hearing this out of his effing mouth sickens me.

Goodenow sould have commented that "negotiations would probably be more productive without Jacobs in the room and see how he handles that"

Jacobs is a friggin moron.

Old
04-28-2005, 08:57 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666
If I have any inkling that he was out to better the league and not line his own pockets I could see him making a comment like that, but the plick has gotten so fat off the Bruins hearing this out of his effing mouth sickens me.
Completely agree. Jacobs is not the owner of some small market team that cannot compete due to lack of revenues. This is the same clown who signed Thorton to that rookie contract and the same clown who choose (of his own free will) to spend $5m/per year on Marty Lapointe. All he is trying to do is line his own bottom line.

Closed Thread