HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any team to which Drury will accept a trade?

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2010, 06:00 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
NO.
MOVEMENT.
CLAUSE.

SWEET JESUS....
Which has nothing to do with being waived. Here's a dollar, buy a clue - especially if you're going to yell at other people.

Old
09-25-2010, 06:02 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Do you see the discrepancy now?

We never know anything for sure, but we do get some speculation from the media. Did we know for a fact that Cullen wanted to go back to Carolina? No. But was there speculation that he did? Yes.
I understand completely....

http://twitter.com/Eklund tons of speculation there.

Old
09-25-2010, 06:04 PM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Which has nothing to do with being waived. Here's a dollar, buy a clue - especially if you're going to yell at other people.
NHL CBA Article 11.8

(a) The SPC of any player who is a Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agent under Article 10.1(a) may contain a no-Trade or a no-move clause. SPCs containing a no-Trade or a no-move clause may be entered into prior to the time that the Player is a Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agent so long as the SPC containing the no-Trade or no-move clause extends through and does not become effective until the time that the player qualifies for Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agency. If the player is traded or claimed on Waivers prior to the no-Trade or no-move clause taking effect, the clause does not bind the acquiring Club. An acquiring Club may agree to continue to be bound by the no-Trade or no-move clause, which agreement shall be evidenced in writing to the Player, Central Registry and the NHLPA, in accordance with Exhibit 3 hereof.

(b) A no-move clause may prevent the involuntary relocation of a player, whether by Trade, Loan or Waiver claim. A no-move clause, however, may not restrict the Club's buy-out and termination rights as set forth in this Agreement. Prior to exercising its Ordinary Course Buy-Out rights pursuant to Paragraph 13 of the SPC hereof, the Club shall, in writing in accordance with the notice provisions in Exhibit 3 hereof, provide the Player with the option of electing to be placed on Waivers. The Player will have twenty-four (24) hours from the time he receives such notice to accept or reject that option at his sole discretion, and shall so inform the Club in writing, in accordance with the notice provisions in Exhibit 3 hereof, within such twenty-four (24) hour period. If the Player does not timely accept or reject that option, it will be deemed rejected.

Here's your dollar back, so you can go buy the clue for yourself...

Old
09-25-2010, 06:06 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Not so fast skippy.

Quote:
NHL CBA Article 11.8

(a) The SPC of any player who is a Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agent under Article 10.1(a) may contain a no-Trade or a no-move clause. SPCs containing a no-Trade or a no-move clause may be entered into prior to the time that the Player is a Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agent so long as the SPC containing the no-Trade or no-move clause extends through and does not become effective until the time that the player qualifies for Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agency. If the player is traded or claimed on Waivers prior to the no-Trade or no-move clause taking effect, the clause does not bind the acquiring Club. An acquiring Club may agree to continue to be bound by the no-Trade or no-move clause, which agreement shall be evidenced in writing to the Player, Central Registry and the NHLPA, in accordance with Exhibit 3 hereof.

(b) A no-move clause may prevent the involuntary relocation of a player, whether by Trade, Loan or Waiver claim. A no-move clause, however, may not restrict the Club's buy-out and termination rights as set forth in this Agreement. Prior to exercising its Ordinary Course Buy-Out rights pursuant to Paragraph 13 of the SPC hereof, the Club shall, in writing in accordance with the notice provisions in Exhibit 3 hereof, provide the Player with the option of electing to be placed on Waivers. The Player will have twenty-four (24) hours from the time he receives such notice to accept or reject that option at his sole discretion, and shall so inform the Club in writing, in accordance with the notice provisions in Exhibit 3 hereof, within such twenty-four (24) hour period. If the Player does not timely accept or reject that option, it will be deemed rejected.

Here's your dollar back, so you can go buy the clue for yourself...
Beat me to it.

Old
09-25-2010, 06:10 PM
dtrap

it really should be a sticky...or a note...on the board...

Old
09-25-2010, 06:16 PM
dtrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
were they to do that, i would seriously freak the phuk out.

resigning drury after this deal is done would be criminal.

there are dozens of guys who can do what he does, but better, for alot less money.
We all know you hate Drury...but really? Criminal? The guy is one of the best at PK'ing and playing defense. If he is willing to do it for a fair price (between 1.5 and 3 million), you really wouldn't want him back?

Old
09-25-2010, 06:18 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube Sock View Post
I understand completely....

http://twitter.com/Eklund tons of speculation there.

I said reporters, not bloggers. Big difference. I can start my own blog right now. I cannot get a job for the New York Daily News right now.

Old
09-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
I said reporters, not bloggers. Big difference. I can start my own blog right now. I cannot get a job for the New York Daily News right now.
Oi... I digress you are right speculation is fun let's all do it... Drury's gonna score 50.

Old
09-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
it really should be a sticky...or a note...on the board...
Except that this is not a thread that says, "we should trade Drury".

It's a thread that says, "would Drury accept a trade". If Drury did not have a NMC, then I would never ask this question because it would be irrelevant given that Drury would have no right to accept or reject a trade.

My thread is relevant ONLY because there is a NMC.

Like I said before, some people (a majority) come here to discuss hockey. Others (a sizable minority) come here in a quest to show how much smarter they are than the rest of humanity. ("Typical HF! Nobody understands what I understand!")

Reading what is written usually interferes with their "I am superior and you are typical" quest since everyone must be placed in a "typical" square, meaning that everyone must have the same thoughts. Since not everyone really has the same ideas, you must twist what they said.

Like I said, my thoughts not only do not ignore the NMC, they are actually not possible without the NMC. The clause is 100% necessary for me to even ask the question: did any reporter speculate where to Drury may accept a trade?

Old
09-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:

Quote:
Oi... I digress you are right speculation is fun let's all do it... Drury's gonna score 50.

And your comment is relevant ... how exactly?

When you wrote, "you are right speculation is fun", it implied that I wrote, "I am just speculating because it's fun".

The reality is that I asked if a professional journalist (and not a blogger) ever wrote where Drury might be willing go. Was that really that hard to understand? Especially since I repeated this in one form or another probably a dozen times already?

Or did reading what I actually wrote interfere with your attempt to pump up yourself?

God... all that people had to do was write, "no, no credible reporter wrote anything" or "yes, Mr. X from this newspaper wrote that Drury would want to go to this team".

But why discuss hockey when we can instead try to pump up our own low self-esteem. For some people, online forums are a rare opportunity to feel good about themselves. Now that I am thinking about it, who am I to take that away from them?

Old
09-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:

It's a thread that says, "would Drury accept a trade". If Drury did not have a NMC, then I would never ask this question because it would be irrelevant given that Drury would have no right to accept or reject a trade.

Like I said before, some people (a majority) come here to discuss hockey. Others (a sizable minority) come here in a quest to show how much smarter they are than the rest of humanity. ("Typical HF! Nobody understands what I understand!")

Reading what is written usually interferes with their "I am superior and you are typical" quest since everyone must be placed in a "typical" square, meaning that everyone must have the same thoughts. Since not everyone really has the same ideas, you must twist what they said.

Like I said, my thoughts not only do not ignore the NMC, they are actually not possible without the NMC. The clause is 100% necessary for me to even ask the question: did any reporter speculate where to Drury may accept a trade?
No one speculated it probably because they know it's not going to happen... You can't go seeking answers and then scoff at the ones you get just because they don't support your view.

Old
09-25-2010, 06:36 PM
dtrap

Quote:

I don't care what the thread is about...I was just making a statement...it had nothing to do with you original post...

Old
09-25-2010, 06:38 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
And your comment is relevant ... how exactly?

When you wrote, "you are right speculation is fun", it implied that I wrote, "I am just speculating because it's fun".

The reality is that I asked if a professional journalist (and not a blogger) ever wrote where Drury might be willing go. Was that really that hard to understand? Especially since I repeated this in one form or another probably a dozen times already?

Or did reading what I actually wrote interfere with your attempt to pump up yourself?

God... all that people had to do was write, "no, no credible reporter wrote anything" or "yes, Mr. X from this newspaper wrote that Drury would want to go to this team".

But why discuss hockey when we can instead try to pump up our own low self-esteem. For some people, online forums are a rare opportunity to feel good about themselves. Now that I am thinking about it, who am I to take that away from them?
My self esteem is fine, you're making assumptions based solely on the fact that I disagree with you. Not only that but you acted like I killed your kitten after my first response so why wouldn't I throw some jabs back at you. There is a difference between picking on you for the sake of making myself feel better (which isn't how I roll) and responding in jest.

Old
09-25-2010, 06:41 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
My self esteem is fine, you're making assumptions based solely on the fact that I disagree with you. Not only that but you acted like I killed your kitten after my first response so why wouldn't I throw some jabs back at you. There is a difference between picking on you for the sake of making myself feel better (which isn't how I roll) and responding in jest.

Ok, here's the deal. My pet peeve here is when people write things like, "typical HF" or something else that implies their superiority to others. These people are like a puppy, they need to be smacked on the nose so that they will behave properly.

Old
09-25-2010, 06:46 PM
dtrap

Quote:
Ok, here's the deal. My pet peeve here is when people write things like, "typical HF" or something else that implies their superiority to others. These people are like a puppy, they need to be smacked on the nose so that they will behave properly.
Dude... referring to other posters as puppies who need to be smacked, oozes of exactly what you are *****ing about...

stop being a ***** because someone disagreed with you...

Old
09-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Disagrees with me how? I did not make a statement. I asked a question. How do you disagree with a question? Stop acting like I made a thread that says, "I think Drury should/can be traded". I asked a question. Disagree with what specifically?

Old
09-25-2010, 06:48 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Well rarely do I act high and mighty. Obviously it's the internet and most often my smart ass personality doesn't translate well without being interpreted as dickish or snide.

Anyway as I said earlier the thought of Drury being gone before his contract is up is IMHO wishful thinking bordering on the lines of greed from Rangers fans lol. He's not worth his contract but he is still very serviceable and I believe the organization thinks highly of him. Besides you can't really crap on Drury and expect players to flock to your team given his reputation. Everyone is pulling for him to turn it around but I think he is worn out and I wouldn't be surprised considered the way he has played the game his entire career. That being said I also think respect is a reason why no reporters have speculated on this. Even Brooks knows it would be a bad idea and he's generally an ass hat.

I actually think Drury would be willing to move because he's a nice guy... I don't think the team would ask him but he seems like a company guy ya know? The guy who would do anything you ask of him if it helps you out. Colorado is really the only place I can see him wanting to go maybe Los Angeles.

Old
09-25-2010, 06:53 PM
dtrap

Quote:
Disagrees with me how? I did not make a statement. I asked a question. How do you disagree with a question? Stop acting like I made a thread that says, "I think Drury should/can be traded". I asked a question. Disagree with what specifically?
Did you ever stop to think that the people who complained are just sick and tired of yet another thread about Drury being traded when it's never going to happen...the dead horse has been beaten and beaten again...

I mean even the mods in this situation...they delete so many posts and snip so many things in the bud...why is yet another Drury thread allowed to continue?

Old
09-25-2010, 06:54 PM
dtrap

And RangerEsq...believe me...it's not you...it's not the question. It was actually a very good question you asked...and I do wonder if there are 3 or 4 teams he would agree to go to.

It's just that the topic has been run into the ground at this point...

Old
09-25-2010, 06:56 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Yeah, I blew it on the NMC vs the NTC. Redden was waived, Drury can't be. It doesn't mean that Chris would be a spiteful SOB and play for a team that didn't want him around, either. I don't get the feeling the Rangers are of that opinion nor do I get the feeling that his teammates think the team would be better off without him.

Old
09-25-2010, 06:59 PM
dtrap

Quote:
Yeah, I blew it on the NMC vs the NTC. Redden was waived, Drury can't be. It doesn't mean that Chris would be a spiteful SOB and play for a team that didn't want him around, either. I don't get the feeling the Rangers are of that opinion nor do I get the feeling that his teammates think the team would be better off without him.
I think there is a lot more to Chris Drury than the general public and fans see. He has his reputation as a great leader for a reason.

A lot of people on here have called Drury a bad captain and that he hurts the team with his "lack of emotion". But I really have to wonder if maybe, just maybe Drury has instead done a damn good job of keeping things together.

Old
09-25-2010, 07:32 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
And we're done.

It's just pain.
Closed Thread