HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NYR Package

Old
09-25-2010, 06:58 AM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
NYR Package

Rangers have some extra Forwards with NHL experience

What would a package of say Christiensen, Avery, Gilroiy, 2nd rounder be able to get?

I know Avery may not have alot of value to a team because of his history but he can be very good if on his game. Rangers need a top 2 C ideally

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 07:07 AM
wej20

Not a hell of a lot, Christensen and Gilroy have little or value and I don't see many teams wanting to roll the dice on Avery.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 08:02 AM
coolbean04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post

What would a package of say Christiensen, Avery, Gilroiy, 2nd rounder be able to get?

I know Avery may not have alot of value to a team because of his history but he can be very good if on his game. Rangers need a top 2 C ideally
That's like saying what can I get for a 7th round pick?

I'm still one of Avery's biggest supporters and I don't want to see him moved. To me, I think he's a perfect 3rd line player.

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 08:05 AM
Dr Quincy

Similar to what I said in the Chicago package thread: You get diminishing returns by packaging a whole bunch of players and picks together.

Avery and a pick

Gilroy and a pick

Christiansen and Gilroy

You'll get more by just taking 2 of those assets than in putting them all together. Just because a team would give you a useful player for any 2 of those assets doesn't mean they'd give you a REALLY useful player for 4 of them.

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 09:08 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Similar to what I said in the Chicago package thread: You get diminishing returns by packaging a whole bunch of players and picks together.

Avery and a pick

Gilroy and a pick

Christiansen and Gilroy

You'll get more by just taking 2 of those assets than in putting them all together. Just because a team would give you a useful player for any 2 of those assets doesn't mean they'd give you a REALLY useful player for 4 of them.
This. Yes. Exactly
Other teams must first have room roster and/or cap wise to accommodate the notion, and then actually want what you're offering.
That means they could either want the actual assets at your selling price; or they could want the inducement (bribe) you are providing along with them.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 09:20 AM
bernmeister

Also, I'm not so quick to move Gilroy, who is by no means untouchable. He has real skating ability and speed, which you can't teach. He does need to improve but for a guy out of college with no real pro development before jumping right into the NHL, I'd like to give him a season or two, if not with the big club then at Hartford, before moving him (unless I get a great offer).

Let's look at a bigger deal with Sauer as a throw-in, or maybe do a a right to flip my third round pick for your third round pick by throwing in Sauer (drafted in the 2nd). That's really cheap acquisition by the trading partner and salary dump/roster clearance for NYR.

Same w/Avery.

Christiansen is fast becoming eclipsed on this roster; however, aside from being cheap, he does have one specialty skill: he's superior on faceoffs, and a better than decent checker. If he earns a spot, fine; if not move to Hartford until we can work out a deal.

To really recover cap space, we need to definitely move Rosival and maybe Girardi at some point. That shouldn't be a panic, but we shouldn't dawdle as we make the blueline younger, and pull the trigger at the first good deal at the earliest opportunity.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 09:21 AM
FanHabtic

That package wouldn't get you much at all. You are better off trading them individually for whatever you can get.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 10:49 AM
GAGLine

Avery is untradeable. There probably aren't any teams that want him at ~2 mil cap hit other than the Rangers, and there aren't any at all that want him at ~4 mil cap hit, which is what his cap hit would be if he were traded. His new team would get the full cap hit and the Rangers and stars would be off the hook.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post

One of your typical, short-sighted, PS3'ish trade proposals... Almost 7M in salary, 3 players, all of which have very little value to begin with. What do you think this package is going to get you???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
To really recover cap space, we need to definitely move Rosival and maybe Girardi at some point.
We don't need to move either player, let alone both guys.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Christensen has value in the AHL!

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
We're better off keeping Avery. Low cap hit, and he will help us more than whatever we can get in a trade.

Its hysterical how he has no value, though. Hes a good player.

Whatever, happy to have him at 1.7

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 01:49 PM
vofty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Avery is untradeable. There probably aren't any teams that want him at ~2 mil cap hit other than the Rangers, and there aren't any at all that want him at ~4 mil cap hit, which is what his cap hit would be if he were traded. His new team would get the full cap hit and the Rangers and stars would be off the hook.
Quoting because not enough people realize this. Avery is not leaving NY.

vofty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 02:11 PM
CanyonofBlueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
We're better off keeping Avery. Low cap hit, and he will help us more than whatever we can get in a trade.

Its hysterical how he has no value, though. Hes a good player.

Whatever, happy to have him at 1.7
exactly. if he were hitting the cap around 4 million there would be a problem. but he can be an effective third or second line player. the atlantic is going to be tough division to play in and have avery, boogard, prust, and boyle gives the rangers some bite.

avery dealth with injuries all last season. hell rebound.

CanyonofBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 02:21 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesURchickenFLY View Post
Quoting because not enough people realize this. Avery is not leaving NY.
true I doubt he goes. Going to be interesting to see who moves if anybody. They may just squeeze everyone in and send who they can down. Plus White and Eminger will clear and join Redden in the millionairs AHL club

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

The type of guys you want on this team won't come cheap, Vitto.

-Guys we can't afford to move: Gaborik, Lundqvist, Staal
-Guys very unlikely to be moved: MZA
-Guys like Prust, Avery, Boogaard, Boyle, Kennedy, EC, and Gilroy don't have much value. They could probably be moved, but you're not getting top-6 material for them.
-Dubinsky, Callahan, Anisimov, Girardi, and probably even Rozsival are guys that teams would want. If you create a proposal, one of these guys should probably be included.
-Prospal could be moved, but he's versatile, affordable, and one of our veteran leaders. Unless we're really out of the mix, he's not being moved.
-Drury's 7M cap hit and NMC pretty much means he's not being traded.
-Prospects like Stepan, Grachev, Kreider, and MZA are not being moved unless we're making out like criminals.

Proposal's should be based around our valuable guys. Callahan, Girardi, and Stepan for XXXX. Gotta give to get. You're not shopping around your idea's in hopes of a bottom-6 forward.

Most people on this forum aren't going to give up their 1st liner for a couple of quality assets though. That Callahan, Girardi, and Stepan for XXXX proposal would still be denied by the opposing fanbase. People don't like giving up the best player in a trade.

Think about those stupid Staal proposal's we saw all summer long. People offering a plethora of picks/prospects and serviceable players. Basically trades that didn't improve us. You've been making proposal's long enough to know what people want, and don't want.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 03:25 PM
jb**

Probably a Pastrami on rye at the carniege deli

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Boondock

That sort of package might land you a salary dump, if you take Avery out. At 2 per Avery has value to other teams, but as mentioned before @ 4 million he is a salary dump

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Probably a Pastrami on rye at the carniege deli
I would hold out for Katz's

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 05:50 PM
Hampe
The Hampster

Can't believe no one said this yet...

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 07:58 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niedermayer View Post

Can't believe no one said this yet...
That, plus the package, plus several other picks for a warm beer from Rogers Arena.

Most of the package has value, but with Avery in there, it lost all value to me.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote