Peterborough in 7 5 14.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2005, 12:24 PM
Hossa

vCash: 500
Ottawa vs. Peterborough

London and Kitchener already have a pretty good thread going, might as well give the Eastern Conference finalists their own. After all, unless Mike Richards is superhuman, either Ottawa or Peterborough will end up in the Memorial Cup.

Old
04-18-2005, 12:33 PM
CharlieGirl

This should be a great series... I'll say Peterborough, but it's going to take 6 or 7 games.

Old
04-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Spitfire11

I went with Peterborough in 6, but Ottawa is the team I know the least about in the whole league. With the coaching of Kilrea you never know.

Old
04-18-2005, 01:24 PM
thomasincanada

Peterborough seems like the team to beat in the east - I'll take them in 6 (admittedly I'm not an eastern conference expert, though)

Old
04-18-2005, 06:13 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I haven't seen much of the 67's this year, but for the Petes they need to cut down on the turnovers and improve their defensive play. I don't know much about the Petes goalie, but he wasn't all that impressive against st mikes in the games I saw. I do like the Petes PP though, they can move the puck well and have some quality forwards. I'll be watching and rooting for the Petes, great job by them and a nice turnaround from last years team that didn't even make the playoffs.

Old
04-19-2005, 10:59 AM
Douggy

Who are the go to guys (offensively) on these teams and how have the goalies looked?

Old
04-19-2005, 11:30 AM
SenatorsFan

I think the 67's have a great chance of winning this series in 6 or 7 games. Bottochio is carrying this team in net and Marc Mancari is playing out of his mind (I've never seen him miss on a breakaway). If Petruzalek and Kaspar step it up I think Ottawa will win.

Old
04-19-2005, 12:21 PM
Hossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douggy
Who are the go to guys (offensively) on these teams and how have the goalies looked?
I'll let somebody else field Petes, but I'll take the 67's.

The 67's have three scoring lines: one led by Mark Mancari who leads the league in goals in the playoffs and was top 10 in the league in the same category this year, with Bryan Bickell and Brad Bonello as well on that line; the second is all about Julian Talbot and Chris Hulit, with the latter being third in the league in playoffs point, and also had three shorthanded goals against Sudbury, and 16 year old Jamie McGinn plays LW; the third line is Lukas Kaspar and Jakub Petruzalek, the two most offensively gifted players on the team, who can have great games, but also be invisible at times too, and have overager Jeremy Akeson on LW.

Those three lines all get good minutes, and are all capable of putting up big points in any given game. Mancari is probably the most dangerous player, because right now he's not only money on any breakaway, but is scoring clutch goals. That being said, the Hulit and Talbot line is the most consistent, and most versatile. Talbot shadowed Benoit Pouliot at times last series.

As for goaltending, I can't say enough about Danny Battochio. The guy's just a great story, and is playing better than any 67's goalie since Levente Szuper. He's been the MVP all playoffs, because the 67's defence is very young after Wil Colbert and Brad Staubitz.

Old
04-19-2005, 05:54 PM
eaton28

if ottawa can beat sudbury, ottawa can beat peterborough

with danny in net no one will stop them

Old
04-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Jargin

Peterborough will have a hard time in the series in my opinion. Like Hossa said, the 67s have 3 scoring lines, the first two have been leading the way so far. Talbot has been a different player since the stretch run and into the playoffs. He is scoring way more than usual and his defensive play has been excellent. The real weapon though, is the 3rd line, which has been subpar so far, but is just so dangerous. Kaspar and Petruzalek can be brilliant together sometimes, and if they start clicking consitently, the Petes better watch out.

In net, the 67s have Bottachio, who has been incredible so far, and easily the team MVP. Not much more to say about him than that.

Old
04-22-2005, 06:58 AM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton28
I do think Ottawa will win but this is horrible logic. Peteborough are better than Sudbury.

Old
04-22-2005, 10:45 AM
bert

Well game one to Ottawa, thats all they needed as they are unstopable at home. I just dont understand why everyone thinks Peterborough is such an overwhelming favorite. Ottawa had the better goal differential and the better second half, plus they only finished 5 points back. Ottawa doesnt have the most explosive offense in the OHL (obviously) but they prolbably have the most depth.

Old
04-22-2005, 11:49 AM
Lessy

Despite their game 1 loss I think the Petes are going to take it in 7. They have a better defense, and up front the teams are pretty even, maybe Ottawa's a bit better. However, if Battochio plays like he did against Sudbury, Ottawa should win.

Old
04-22-2005, 09:06 PM
msconduct

Send a message via MSN to msconduct
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton28

with danny in net no one will stop them
Just like the Senators can't beat the Leafs, but the Flyers can.
Just like the Flyers can't beat the Senators, but the Leafs can.
Just like the Leafs can't beat the Flyers, but the Senators can.

Because one team can beat one team, it does not mean that they can beat another.

Peterborough's offense and even goaltending is much better than Sudbury's.

Old
04-23-2005, 01:54 AM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert
Well game one to Ottawa, thats all they needed as they are unstopable at home. I just dont understand why everyone thinks Peterborough is such an overwhelming favorite. Ottawa had the better goal differential and the better second half, plus they only finished 5 points back. Ottawa doesnt have the most explosive offense in the OHL (obviously) but they prolbably have the most depth.
More depth than London? Please give me some of what you've been smoking.

Tom

Old
04-23-2005, 09:47 PM
trahans99

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasincanada
More depth than London? Please give me some of what you've been smoking.

Tom
Must have been some good stuff to think Ottawa has more depth than London.
I am surprised to see Ott up 2-0, I was predicting Petes in 5. I was really hoping for the Petes to be there so the drive to the away games wasn't 8 hours... DOHHHHH

Old
04-25-2005, 12:20 PM
bert

The knights third line isnt nearly as good at the 67's. Obviously the first two lines are way better but upfront Ottawa is very deep. Clearly the knights have the best offense overall im just saying Ottawa's is deep.

I didnt specify enough London has a much deeper defense aswell. Clearly London is the team to beat I wasnt disputing that. Whoever wins London or Kitchener has about a 90% chance of winning it all. They will be a big time favorite against whoever they play in the finals. BTW the way the 67's have played at home I will have a hard time believeing that Peterborough will be able to come back from being down 2-0.

Old
04-25-2005, 12:24 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by trahans99
I am surprised to see Ott up 2-0, I was predicting Petes in 5.
Well you must not have looked into the 67's Pete's series at all with a guess like that. Apparently you might have got some of that stuff that ive been smoking.

Old
04-25-2005, 08:53 PM
CNote
Get 'er done

oh oh...

(Ottawa leads series 3-0)
Game 1 - Ottawa 3, PETERBOROUGH 2 (OT)
Game 2 - OTTAWA 3, Peterborough 0
Game 3 - Ottawa 4, PETERBOROUGH 3
Game 4 - Wednesday April 27 at Ottawa, 7:00 p.m. (Rogers TV)

Old
04-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Hunter74

So whats up with the Stewart/Morrison/Tardiff line?

These 3 guys are a -6/-8/-9 on the team for the 3 worst. Why is this line so bad defensively? Is it the whole line that sucks at defensive zone coverage or is it just 1 or 2 players. I have read quite a few complaints about Morrison lately about his constant givaways. Is he the main reason or does he get help from the forwards, Defense or perhaps the line just has bad luck?

Old
04-25-2005, 10:36 PM
Hossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hunter74
So whats up with the Stewart/Morrison/Tardiff line?

These 3 guys are a -6/-8/-9 on the team for the 3 worst. Why is this line so bad defensively? Is it the whole line that sucks at defensive zone coverage or is it just 1 or 2 players. I have read quite a few complaints about Morrison lately about his constant givaways. Is he the main reason or does he get help from the forwards, Defense or perhaps the line just has bad luck?
I haven't noticed Morrison playing poorly defensively, but offensively, he's been in my mind Peterborough's best forward. Tardif, Ryder and Reddox have either stopped caring, or are just intimidated by Ottawa's bigger forwards. I don't know, but Reddox especially has done nothing offensively.

Old
04-28-2005, 10:24 AM
Hunter74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossa
I haven't noticed Morrison playing poorly defensively, but offensively, he's been in my mind Peterborough's best forward. Tardif, Ryder and Reddox have either stopped caring, or are just intimidated by Ottawa's bigger forwards. I don't know, but Reddox especially has done nothing offensively.

Im not surprised with Ryder and Reddox doing a dissapearing act. But I highly doubt that Tardiff would be intimidated by the other team or not care for that matter.

Any which way they are out.

Closed Thread