Perry/Richards fight?

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2005, 12:34 PM
Dion Mustard*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
Frankly I don't know who you were talking to or what you were trying to say. What I understood was that you hate Perry with passion.
I'm sure Corey Perry in another jersey would enable you to understand. And frankly, most fans of the CHL (outside of London), hate Perry. That should tell you something. They don't hate Crosby. They don't hate Richards. They don't hate Phaneuf. They do hate Perry. That should tell you something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chistov23
I think it is because at the WJC he is playing with and against the best players of his age group. He doesn't have to put up with the stuff he does in the OHL. He doesn't have a target on him as the best player.
Or the fact in the WJC, his coach would have benched his ass for pulling that crap.

BTW, Perry might be the most talented player left in the OHL, but he's not the best. That honour is laid on the Rangers' Captain.

Old
04-27-2005, 12:34 PM
Chistov23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl49
Do you sleep in Corey Perry pajamas too? Please... he's a good OHL player, but there's no way in hell he's the best in the OHL.
He is the top forward on the top team. I never said he is the best in the OHL, but on his own team.

Old
04-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Chistov23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion Mustard
I'm sure Corey Perry in another jersey would enable you to understand. And frankly, most fans of the CHL (outside of London), hate Perry. That should tell you something. They don't hate Crosby. They don't hate Richards. They don't hate Phaneuf. They do hate Perry. That should tell you something.
If he was on another team I probably would hate him to. Like I said he is a player you love to hate. Why? Because he is an agitator. He makes your team take bad penalties on him and then will probably score on the powerplay.

Old
04-27-2005, 07:40 PM
Default101

Perry is a very talented player, but i just don't like people running their mouth and not backing it up, if he wants to mouth off to Clarkson and others thats all good but if Clarkson runs into him on the ice and says lets go i would put my money on Perry skating away, i've also noticed a few instances where he's used his stick alittle less than professionally and i could see him getting a suspention or two at that level, as for his attitude, look at the front of the jersey and notice there is no letter let alone a "C" dispite his age and the length he's been wtiht he team i think if he was more of a leader and not out for himself and was alittle less dirty he would be alot more liked and respected around the league, Richards is very talented i'm pretty neutral witht he kitchener rangers i don't like them i don't hate them, but i like mike richards cause he has skill and class and a leader and he's the type of guy you want on your team, he may not have the same pure skill as perry but he's not too far off and the type of person he is would put him over the top

Old
04-27-2005, 11:24 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

It was definatly a draw, I just can't believe the player Perry is becomming.

Old
04-27-2005, 11:27 PM
Chistov23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry-Dogg
notice there is no letter
Perry is one of the Alternate's but it depends on which jersey they are wearing.

Old
04-28-2005, 01:14 AM
Pepper

Quote:
Perry is a very talented player, but i just don't like people running their mouth and not backing it up,
Perry has more fighting majors in play-offs than Richards, in fact I don't think anyone in top20 play-off scoring has as many FMs as Perry.

Old
04-28-2005, 01:55 AM
London Knights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion Mustard
The first "punch" Perry threw, didn't connect with Richard's head. It was more of a shove which caught Richards in the chest and put him off balance. It is a non issue. Richards gets the edge in the fight, case closed.

As for Perry's chirpping, GROW UP. It's part of the game, and when Perry engages himself in that, it shows how classless he is. Whether it's in Kitchener, or when he was leaving the ice in Windsor. Knight's fans, change Perry's jersey to another team in the league, and you'd be all over him too. Take the God damn blinders off, and admit some of Perry's behavior and play is embarassing.

Funny enough though, I like how many have made comments that Perry didn't pull some of this crap (the diving, the immaturity) when he was at the WJC. Think maybe Perry finally had a real coach who commands respect from his players and opponents?
Wow, I go away for three months and you still don't stop.
How about instead you shut the anti-Knights/anti-Perry "blinders" off for two seconds. For somebody who is so against everything the Knights accomplish it's rather funny how the majority of your posts are about the Knights.

Perry is most certainly not a perfect player, but the comments are absolutely ridiculous. He can't get a lick of respect from you but he manages to get it from the Team Canada staff, and from the coaches/writers in the OHL.

Old
04-28-2005, 02:41 AM
bleedgreen

ive never been able to see a chl game - im completely unbiased. i have no affiliation as a fan to either player. i liked richards better watching it, but you have to call it a draw. just because perry goes down at the end doesnt change that first exchange - richards went down. i think perry looked kinda of wussy like in his attitude, but it was a draw.

Old
04-28-2005, 10:08 AM
DLMDLM

Perry Isn't Perfect.... But

Quote:
Perry is a very talented player, but i just don't like people running their mouth and not backing it up, if he wants to mouth off to Clarkson and others thats all good but if Clarkson runs into him on the ice and says lets go i would put my money on Perry skating away, i've also noticed a few instances where he's used his stick alittle less than professionally and i could see him getting a suspention or two at that level, as for his attitude, look at the front of the jersey and notice there is no letter let alone a "C" dispite his age and the length he's been wtiht he team i think if he was more of a leader and not out for himself and was alittle less dirty he would be alot more liked and respected around the league, Richards is very talented i'm pretty neutral witht he kitchener rangers i don't like them i don't hate them, but i like mike richards cause he has skill and class and a leader and he's the type of guy you want on your team, he may not have the same pure skill as perry but he's not too far off and the type of person he is would put him over the top
I'm a Knights fan and I'm biased first off....

That being said: I almost put Richards name and number on my Canada jersey and I'm glad I didn't. After watching the world juniors I was the biggest Richards fan and was really looking forward to seeing him live in this series. Now I wouldn't have Perry on my jersey either but you say he's using his stick bad enough to get a suspension? There isn't one player on either team that shouldn't have been suspended for stick work in this series but Perry definitely wouldn't have been the first on the list. Richards had two hight sticks on Prust in the first period of game 3 alone (one called for a penalty) Back to my disapointment of Richards... why would such a skilled player have to hold sicks and slash so much. He is one of the best face off men I've seen and then after winning the draw clean he will slash the other player about half the time? Why? Then when he's in the corner or skating beside another player he has their stick in his hand instead of just skating by the less skilled player. I was never a kenny lindsman fan either so I guess I just don't like that style of play. To give you an idea of what I would rather see out of Richards look at Bolland. Skates and works hard, never chirps after the wistle and uses his hands on his stick not on his man...... biased again cuz it Does say Bolland on the back of my Knights jersey

Good luck Knights in game 5

Old
04-28-2005, 10:58 AM
Galchenkel

Send a message via MSN to Galchenkel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl49
It's only available through Rapidshare I believe. Did you scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Free"?
yup! but the problem is my computer and not the link!

Old
04-28-2005, 11:12 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by medmed
yup! but the problem is my computer and not the link!
Okay, try this........

http://phillyboard.orangeandblack.ne...threadid=12665

At the bottom of that thread is the video

Old
04-28-2005, 11:14 AM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
Perry has more fighting majors in play-offs than Richards, in fact I don't think anyone in top20 play-off scoring has as many FMs as Perry.
This playoffs is the only time Perry has ever seemed willing to fight, I don't konw what's up with him. Richards has always been a much more willing fighter than Perry, I believe he was in 9 fights this year? If Perry continues to drop the gloves like this, I may become a fan.

Closed Thread