HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

New Jersey Devils 4 - Hartford Whalepack + Cally/MDZ/Lundqvist 5

Old
09-25-2010, 08:47 PM
Greg02

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Guys, I know it is sweet to beat the Devils but lets put this in perspective, its a pre-season game. Its all about looking at the young players or the players on the bubble. Winning is second to evaluating and figuring out what the team needs to work on.
Ironically, it's even less meaningful than thursday's game because we had so few NHLers playing.

Greg02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 08:48 PM
TrojanRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Standout players for me were Cally, Anisimov, Ftank, Vtank, Avery (obviously), and Exelby (in a bad way).

Was not at all impressed with Grachev.
Very impressed with Valentenko.

TrojanRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 08:49 PM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
Ugh this is really bothering me. He was amazing last pre-season. They demoted him and he did squat in the AHL.
He's 20 years old. Let him go and show he can dominate the AHL, like Anisimov before him. He'll have plenty of opportunity to earn an NHL spot in the future.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 08:53 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbranch View Post
Nice of some of the players elevating their game towards the end. Maybe torts conditioning fetish pays off? Eminger and xlb still stink. Fedotenko still hanging on. Anisimov, cally, and avery looked good. Good lord are kovy and clarkson dopes. Boogaard had better start making people fight him by crushing people or he is an utter waste.

Oh, and lets not be those guys and go over to their board, mkay? You know theres going to be quite a bit of anger, and a lot of smears on the rangers right now. Keep it between avery and kovy
I HIGHLY reccomend not going to the NJ boards. I got an infraction for trolling for playing a game of "your players mama so fat" and I wasnt even the one who started the game.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 08:55 PM
eco's bones

Chico Resch is an idiot. Avery should fight Clarkson who is bigger than him but PLL should avoid fighting Boogaard because he's smaller. Okay. Whatever you say.

Anyway Sean really got under their skins in this one--despite the BS call by the refs in the 2nd. Valentenko looks like a good one. Gilroy played well. Really the defense wasn't bad considering. Callahan had a great game. Not so used to him being a playmaker. Anisimov stood out as well. Good fight by Newbury.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

"Give it to em' we crapped when it counted..they were high on the redden getting waive news and we were missing langenbrunner and zubrus."

I found that on the Devils board. Do players really get excited when one of their teammates gets waived? Even if it's Redden? Heck more than half of the Rangers' players tonight haven't even played with him.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 08:59 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
some quick thoughts

Ruslan Fedotenko - 3 points, not great in play but still...
Todd White - good along boards - a surprise...
Ryan Callahan - great effort, setup gwg in top fashion
Sean Avery - haha priceless. great discipline too
Tim Kennedy - not a better night for our Dead Prez...
Jeremy Williams - a bit too high tempo at times, but saw some skills shine through
Dane Byers - weak link on this line, got owned in a fight, poor puck control = many turnovers
Artem Anisimov - looks great. 2nd C??
Evgeny Grachev - still intrigued, needs a total NHL line with talent imo
Derek Boogaard - great when whistle is blown. An interesting addition... But not an NHLer in play. LeBlonde is a chickensh*t btw
Kris Newbury - owned that Devil totally. Otherwise OK actually too
Dale Weise - good solid bottom line game. NHL ready imo
Michael Del Zotto - sloppy D, great offence w 4 points & GWG. Our version of Mike Green?
Steve Eminger - meh, nice taking Kovies head off almost tho
Garnet Exelby - mean guy, lousy player for an NHL contract tonite. AHLer?
Matt Gilroy- Good & bad. Mostly good...
Alexei Semenov - Looks like a stable 7th D. Will be on squad imo
Pavel Valentenko - Wow. Rock-solid. Impressed. McD, him, Gilroy & ev Sauer battle for the 5/6 spots. Semenov got #7 in a lock imo
Henrik Lundqvist -nothing we will remember him by. Still a win tho

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 09:00 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
"Give it to em' we crapped when it counted..they were high on the redden getting waive news and we were missing langenbrunner and zubrus."

I found that on the Devils board. Do players really get excited when one of their teammates gets waived? Even if it's Redden? Heck more than half of the Rangers' players tonight haven't even played with him.
You have to understand that the average Devil fan is only capable of 3rd grade logic. Go easy on them.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 09:00 PM
ZacUSNYR

Love the thread title and loved the game!

Avery got under skin something fierce tonight - this is going to be a good year!

ZacUSNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 09:02 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

What the hell is Stan Fishler doing coaching Kovalchuk about ignoring Avery.

For a guy that pats himself on the back so much about being a Rangers fan since Lester Patrick was in diapers, I would think he'd keep his yap shut and report as a reporter, not coach the opposing teams player on how to beat NYR.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 09:09 PM
gluvhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCollarBlueBlood View Post
What the hell is Stan Fishler doing coaching Kovalchuk about ignoring Avery.

For a guy that pats himself on the back so much about being a Rangers fan since Lester Patrick was in diapers, I would think he'd keep his yap shut and report as a reporter, not coach the opposing teams player on how to beat NYR.
He's not a reporter. He's a "Maven" and his responsibility in that role is to teach.

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 09:14 PM
SkerZ
LGR

Valentako played well...he Looked better than mcd (comparing there game each)

SkerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 09:18 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Chico Resch is an idiot. Avery should fight Clarkson who is bigger than him but PLL should avoid fighting Boogaard because he's smaller. Okay. Whatever you say.

Anyway Sean really got under their skins in this one--despite the BS call by the refs in the 2nd. Valentenko looks like a good one. Gilroy played well. Really the defense wasn't bad considering. Callahan had a great game. Not so used to him being a playmaker. Anisimov stood out as well. Good fight by Newbury.

Chico as always was a complete moron and Leblonde has to be the biggest coward in the NHL. Ducked Boogaard two games in a row and goes after MSA on Thursday and Anisimov tonight. Disgrace. Now Salvador wears a visor. What a joke, Newbury was pounding his shield.

Thought V-Tank looked good.

E-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 09:20 PM
beastly115

I think Joe said it best about Vtank. He's plays very similar to Volchenkov. Guy is solid defensively and likes to play physical.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train View Post
Chico as always was a complete moron and Leblonde has to be the biggest coward in the NHL. Ducked Boogaard two games in a row and goes after MSA on Thursday and Anisimov tonight. Disgrace. Now Salvador wears a visor. What a joke, Newbury was pounding his shield.

Thought V-Tank looked good.
I am not saying anything about the rest of your post but...do not fault Salvo for wearing that. During his whole tenure as a Devil, especially last season, his face has been a puck magnet. His last face inury was the final straw. I doubt that he want to end up like White.

Basement Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 09:22 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

If it was up to me i'd have Valentenko and Semenov as the 5 and 6 d-men-- Russian connection and they both deserve it.

However, I want to see more of McD in these games, maybe he changes my mind.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 09:25 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
I am not saying anything about the rest of your post but...do not fault Salvo for wearing that. During his whole tenure as a Devil, especially last season, his face has been a puck magnet. His last face inury was the final straw. I doubt that he want to end up like White.
Once you put the shield on you shouldn't be fighting someone who doesn't wear one. No matter what the situation.

Old
09-25-2010, 09:26 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
I missed the game and wanted to watch the rangers in 60 without spoiling myself but i couldn't resist reading the title after i saw hartford whalers

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 09:29 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:
Once you put the shield on you shouldn't be fighting someone who doesn't wear one. No matter what the situation.
I agree. I hate ******* that hide behind their visors but this situation was a little different. He had to step in. It was either him fighting or Elias. Wouldn't you be ok with Exelby (i think he wears one) if say Mills was going after Frolov?

Old
09-25-2010, 09:31 PM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Callahan did it before.

Looks, if you're gonna have a "staged" tee-off fight you should probly strip the helmet. But its not like when a spontaneous fight breaks out that you're thinking; well, he doesnt have a visor, I guess I have an unfair advantage.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 09:32 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
I agree. I hate ******* that hide behind their visors but this situation was a little different. He had to step in. It was either him fighting or Elias. Wouldn't you be ok with Exelby (i think he wears one) if say Mills was going after Frolov?
The funny thing is I've hated Exelby because the **** he's started with the shield as a Thrasher. I think they went after Elias because Princess Leblonde got in Anisimov's face. I was ready to put my fist through the TV went that went down.

Old
09-25-2010, 09:33 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:
The funny thing is I've hated Exelby because the **** he's started with the shield as a Thrasher. I think they went after Elias because Princess Leblonde got in Anisimov's face. I was ready to put my fist through the TV went that went down.
Oh well, it's all part of this awesome rivalry.

Old
09-25-2010, 09:35 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Callahan did it before.

Looks, if you're gonna have a "staged" tee-off fight you should probly strip the helmet. But its not like when a spontaneous fight breaks out that you're thinking; well, he doesnt have a visor, I guess I have an unfair advantage.
True they're not thinking that but it doesn't make it ok. Didn't like it when Callahan did it either.

Old
09-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Shadowrunner

Send a message via ICQ to Shadowrunner Send a message via AIM to Shadowrunner
As satisfying as that was, the Rangers victory truly belongs to Hedberg. What a miserable performance. Terrible positioning and no puck control whatsoever. Why were the announcers creaming about the "quality goaltending" throughout his career? Minus the occasional game where the opposite team makes him look good by shooting at his logo, Hedberg is a actually a step down from Clemensen. I can't wait for him to keep imploding in a much tougher Atlantic division, forcing Fatso to play another 70+ games.

Henrik had a pretty "meh" game himself. When he's on at least 2 of those 4 goals don't go in.

Shadowrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 09:53 PM
In Prust We Trust*

In Prust We Trust* is offline   Reply With Quote