HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Jersey Devils 4 - Hartford Whalepack + Cally/MDZ/Lundqvist 5

Old
09-25-2010, 10:08 PM
BobMarleyNYR

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Ruslan Fedotenko - 3 points, not great in play but still...
Todd White - good along boards - a surprise...
Ryan Callahan - great effort, setup gwg in top fashion
Sean Avery - haha priceless. great discipline too
Tim Kennedy - not a better night for our Dead Prez...
Jeremy Williams - a bit too high tempo at times, but saw some skills shine through
Dane Byers - weak link on this line, got owned in a fight, poor puck control = many turnovers
Artem Anisimov - looks great. 2nd C??
Evgeny Grachev - still intrigued, needs a total NHL line with talent imo
Derek Boogaard - great when whistle is blown. An interesting addition... But not an NHLer in play. LeBlonde is a chickensh*t btw
Kris Newbury - owned that Devil totally. Otherwise OK actually too
Dale Weise - good solid bottom line game. NHL ready imo
Michael Del Zotto - sloppy D, great offence w 4 points & GWG. Our version of Mike Green?
Steve Eminger - meh, nice taking Kovies head off almost tho
Garnet Exelby - mean guy, lousy player for an NHL contract tonite. AHLer?
Matt Gilroy- Good & bad. Mostly good...
Alexei Semenov - Looks like a stable 7th D. Will be on squad imo
Pavel Valentenko - Wow. Rock-solid. Impressed. McD, him, Gilroy & ev Sauer battle for the 5/6 spots. Semenov got #7 in a lock imo
Henrik Lundqvist -nothing we will remember him by. Still a win tho
funny you say that, i'm listening to the Dead Kennedys right now lol... and Dead Prez is a good rap duo...

anyhow, i have to disagree on anisimov--i was actually a tiny bit concerned by some of what i thought was tentative judgment (shouldn't be the case for him at this point)... he looks physically bigger/more solid though.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 10:24 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quick thoughts:

-The best forward was Callahan by far and away.
-Anisimov started out slow but was one of the better players on the ice by the end.
-Liked what I saw from Kennedy.
-Much as I hate to say it, I thought Fedetenko was pretty good too.
-Avery was obviously "effective Avery" tonight. Wish he could figure out how to do what he did against Kovy and others in the third without taking a double minor and a 10 min misconduct earlier in the game that led to a ridiculous string of PKs...
-Boogy is worthless on the ice but boy does he scare the **** out of the other team.
-Weise played a good banging game, but was not much involved in building any offense.
-My boy Grachev was invisible up until his very last shift, when he finally showed his skill and strength. I hope he gets another game to show his stuff (like Feds did), but honestly if Torts sent him down based on that performance, I really couldn't complain.

Byers, Williams and Newbury added nothing - and are gone by the next cut. Frankly, I think White should be too, but apparently Torts liked what he saw.

-The best defenseman was Valentenko. Loved the edge he showed and I also thought he was the best by far at breaking up plays.
-MDZ was good offensively and below average defensively.
-I thought Gilroy was steady, but not spectacular on both ends.
-Semenov is proving himself as an ideal 7th. I wouldn't want him in the top 6 given his limited game, but he's a good security blanket for an injury or the occasional rest for a regular. He also has an edge which is a nice bonus.
-Exelby was terrible.
-Eminger was terrible.

Based on camp reports and what we've seen in the first two games, all of McD, Sauer, Valentenko and Gilroy are showing themselves to be defensemen that deserve to play regularly in the NHL. Given that there's only room for a max of two of them, I'm very curious to see how this plays out. If Sauer isn't going to be the guy, he needs to be traded because there's no way he's making it through waivers.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 10:33 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
I am not saying anything about the rest of your post but...do not fault Salvo for wearing that. During his whole tenure as a Devil, especially last season, his face has been a puck magnet. His last face inury was the final straw. I doubt that he want to end up like White.
I'll never fault anyone for wearing a visor nowadays, that puck is moving way to fast to be taking them in the eye.

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 10:35 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by In Prust We Trust View Post
No offense, because it made me laff and I know you must have thrown it together quick, but that may be the most brutal photoshop hack job i've ever seen, lol

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 10:37 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

Love the thread title. Well played.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 10:51 PM
chip chipperson*

as im leaving the game some girl says to me ugh rangers suck. i just look at her and say they won. and then her father steps in and starts saying how they played their backup and starts askin me what henriks save % was for the night. i sat there and talked **** to both of them after that but come on. devils fans are so embarrasing. seriously talking **** after a game like that and then trying to bring up hanks save %. devils have the worst fan base in all of sports. i hate all devils fans so much. so ****ing stupid

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 11:14 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
HAHAHA Oh man the devils are going to be a joke this season. Fatty is geting old, and they only have one line. Can't wait till they trade away another key defenseman as well LOL

They'll be a top-4 team in East. Do not underestimate the Devils. People do it year in year out and yet they are always up there.

LOL @ thread title. Priceless.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 11:16 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Baffled that it only took ONE pre season game for Avery to completely rattle Kovalchuk the Devil. One.

09-25-2010, 11:20 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

I'm thinking Fedo is making a very strong case for joining the roster. Surprising but irrefutable. He's been a standout. If they pass on him they really must be fine with the build from within core strategy.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 11:21 PM
trilobyte

A high school student could do a better job than Resch. I am always surprised by how silly he is. He sounds like he just is not very intelligent. It's not like it is a small sample size; he is the same guy every time I have heard him.
While I am also one of the crowd who does not believe Doc Emrick to be the best, I just find it almost beneath me to listen to Chico Resch. Truly awful.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 11:33 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg02 View Post
Couldn't quite resist, sorry.

Nothing to celebrate here. The Rangers failed to put dress enough Junior High School kids, and the Devils failed to bring back Scott Stevens out of retirement.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 12:36 AM
Janerixon

Went to the game here's what I noticed and who

Vtank was the standout he showed flashes of kasper with girardi's shot blocking and he didn't even get to really show his bomb off, he could make this tea

Semenov looked solid, slow at times but a 7th man for sure in my eyes

Ftank looked slow at times but he was in the right place at the right time and made the most of this opportunity

Those were the standouts

Grachev looked invisible still not ready

Xlb wow... Just looked bad he still is not an NHL caliber d-man

Byers showed he will never be an nhler

Emminger did not impress at all I expect him to be waived

White looked slow and Hartford bound as well

Mdz made up for a sloppy game in overtime but he needs to better

Gilroy looked better but can he do it consistently? Remains to be seen

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 12:44 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Eminger might have looked bad early on against IK and Parise but who wouldn't? He also had to make up for MDZ(first goal) who made mistakes at times. And watch his shifts in the 3rd period - he was actually pretty solid, and drew a penalty that we ended up cashing in on.

I'm not a huge fan, but gotta give the guy credit when he deserves it.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 12:44 AM
gravey9

Valentenko was very impressive. He was physical. A stronger skater than I expected. And decent with the puck. A keeper! If I was picking the top 6 it would be: Staal, Girardi Roszival, Del Zotto, McDonagh, Valentenko with Gilroy and Semenov battling it out for 7th. The problem is the Rangers don't have another good offensive defenseman after Del Zotto for the PP, so Gilroy may make it over Vtank - which is a gamble because the Rangers could lose valantenko to Russia if they leave him in the A all year. Trade Sauer. Dump Eminger and Exelby.

Upfront - Fedetenko, Weise impressed. Kennedy looked okay but needs to play with more skilled players. Nervous he'll get worn down over a season. Byers needs to get traded. He has no shot with the Rangers anymore and I feel bad for the guy. White looked sloooow.

Grachev did not look good. I will try not to be concerned about his hockey sense. But he was two steps behind the play all night. Seemed lost. He seems caught between being in the responsible place vs. cheating offensively. And his decision making with the puck was slow and sloppy. But I am really pulling for him and willing to be patient.

The bubble forwards from here on in are: Weise, Stepan, Boyle, Zucarello, Kennedy and Fedetenko. (assuming Avery, Prust, Boogy, Christensen already on team)

gravey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 01:18 AM
YeahButStill

Was a great feeling invading enemy territory tonight, watching our kids destroy their A-team.

Feels good man, feels good.

YeahButStill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 02:00 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

I missed Gilroy's and Anisimov's goals, anyone know where I can go to see them?

EDIT: accidentally typed in Avery

McDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Blazephr

I would love to see video of Joe M. catching Chico contradict himself form last night.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Black Tank

Resch is like a lot of the Devils' fans: unnerved by Avery and terrified of Boogaard.

Nice job by Micheletti of calling him out after Resch was frothing about Avery not dropping them with Clarkson and then watching Clarkson turn tail from Boogaard. Resch sounded like a frightened mother hen trying to protect Clarkson. Putting that clown aside though, I'm not surprised, Clarkson spent 3 years hiding from Orr in this series and is going to do the same with Boogaard.

Kovalchuk is not showing any mental toughness at all as Avery is ****ing with him non-stop. Bet he can't wait until Brodeuer is in the lineup so Avery has someone else to pick on.

A very entertaining return to hockey.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jack Sparrow View Post
I missed Gilroy's and Anisimov's goals, anyone know where I can go to see them?

EDIT: accidentally typed in Avery
cant find em man...sorry

i can describe em for ya though... gilroys was just a wrister from about 15-20 feet out with avery in front, looked like Hedberg had it clean between his legs, but it was on edge and just rolled right into the back of the net sloooowwwwwwlllllyyyy. Avery was sorta whacking away at Hedbergs pads, but i dont think he had anything to do with the goal.

AA's goal was pretty cool, someone, i forget who, took a nice hard shot, AA deflected it out of mid air, Hedberg made the save, while the puck was agian, in mid air, AA batted it in the back of the net. really awesome hand-eye on that play by AA.

AA had a superb game btw.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 02:56 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
cant find em man...sorry

i can describe em for ya though... gilroys was just a wrister from about 15-20 feet out with avery in front, looked like Hedberg had it clean between his legs, but it was on edge and just rolled right into the back of the net sloooowwwwwwlllllyyyy. Avery was sorta whacking away at Hedbergs pads, but i dont think he had anything to do with the goal.

AA's goal was pretty cool, someone, i forget who, took a nice hard shot, AA deflected it out of mid air, Hedberg made the save, while the puck was agian, in mid air, AA batted it in the back of the net. really awesome hand-eye on that play by AA.

AA had a superb game btw.
AA's hit in center ice was the hardest hit i've seen all preseason.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 02:56 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tank View Post
Resch is like a lot of the Devils' fans: unnerved by Avery and terrified of Boogaard.

Nice job by Micheletti of calling him out after Resch was frothing about Avery not dropping them with Clarkson and then watching Clarkson turn tail from Boogaard. Resch sounded like a frightened mother hen trying to protect Clarkson. Putting that clown aside though, I'm not surprised, Clarkson spent 3 years hiding from Orr in this series and is going to do the same with Boogaard.

Kovalchuk is not showing any mental toughness at all as Avery is ****ing with him non-stop. Bet he can't wait until Brodeuer is in the lineup so Avery has someone else to pick on.

A very entertaining return to hockey.
Haha, I noticed that too. It was hilarious. He clearly can't comprehend the concept of Avery taking the opposition's best players out of the game to give his team an edge. Dude is a moron. I'm so glad Micheletti was point out the absurdity of the whole situation. He earned some points in my book for that.

Avery put it well in the post-game - if he fought everyone who went after him in a game he'd never have any time to play.

Kovy is SO soft mentally. I knew he was a little bit of a hothead but wow. He has zero idea of what Avery's game is.

Lastly, I know we won the game and I'm not saying it changed the score or anything but the refs were absolutely awful. Clarkson has gloves off and is grabbing Avery and gets no penalty. Avery says something to Kovy and Kovy pounces on him and tries to pull him out from under a ref - Avery gets 10 minutes. Avery said after the game that the refs told him he got 10 because he "can't go after a superstar" that is a load of BS. Superstars can do whatever they want now I guess since the refs don't call **** on them and apparently its against the rules to make them punch you?

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 03:01 PM
AJRanger

Stupidly chose to go to bed before the third period last night - anyone know where I can see the goals?

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
AA's hit in center ice was the hardest hit i've seen all preseason.
was it an AA hit or a Clarkson hit that AA just absorbed and Clarkson took the worst of? i forget. either way it was a pretty huge collision, and AA shrugged him off like he wasnt even there.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 03:08 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
was it an AA hit or a Clarkson hit that AA just absorbed and Clarkson took the worst of? i forget. either way it was a pretty huge collision, and AA shrugged him off like he wasnt even there.
The way I remember it AA ran right through him

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 03:14 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
The way I remember it AA ran right through him
I wish we could find video of this. I don't remember it for the life of me but I'd love to see AA show some of that new muscle out there. His lack of strength was one of his biggest problems last year imo.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote