HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Igor Makarov

Old
08-29-2007, 09:24 AM
lfchockey*

vCash: 500
Igor Makarov

I've been reading a bit about this guy and he seems like the real deal. (one of many Blackhawk 'can't miss prospects')
How long before he comes to N. America and is finally in the NHL?

lfchockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2007, 09:44 AM
Zim

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfchockey View Post
I've been reading a bit about this guy and he seems like the real deal. (one of many Blackhawk 'can't miss prospects')
How long before he comes to N. America and is finally in the NHL?
I would think he'll come over next year and spend at least one year in the AHL. Watching him in the WJC's he was a good skater, good skills and was good at protecting the puck. Whether he ever makes the NHL i don't know but he seems to have all the tools.

Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2007, 01:04 PM
bullsville

Send a message via MSN to bullsville
I can see in him a very good 2 liner

bullsville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2007, 05:05 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
I would think he'll come over next year and spend at least one year in the AHL. Watching him in the WJC's he was a good skater, good skills and was good at protecting the puck. Whether he ever makes the NHL i don't know but he seems to have all the tools.
He will make the NHL, weather he wants to play in the NHL or not thats a different story. If he can be 1/2 of what his father was then hes a lock.

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2007, 11:19 PM
Gardebut30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan2828 View Post
He will make the NHL, weather he wants to play in the NHL or not thats a different story. If he can be 1/2 of what his father was then hes a lock.
If you're referring to Sergei Makarov that played on the KLM line of Krutov, Larionov, and Makarov, then I'm pretty sure that' not his father. I think Adam from the official site wrote around the '06 draft about Sergei being his father when he actually wasn't. I forget where I read that this wasn't true, so I could be wrong.

Maybe somebody else knows for sure.

Gardebut30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2007, 11:48 PM
Slitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardebut30 View Post
If you're referring to Sergei Makarov that played on the KLM line of Krutov, Larionov, and Makarov, then I'm pretty sure that' not his father. I think Adam from the official site wrote around the '06 draft about Sergei being his father when he actually wasn't. I forget where I read that this wasn't true, so I could be wrong.

Maybe somebody else knows for sure.
Igor's father was also a hockey player by the name of Sergei Makarov... who was, however, a defenseman. As you can see, assigning Igor the KLM Makarov for a father is a very easy mistake to make. As for the player himself, he is one of my personal favourite up-and-comers.

Slitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 08:39 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

I just don't know about Makarov. It seems to me alot of posters overrate him. No doubt having good offensive skills typical of most upper tier Euros but his stats just don't seem to be overwhelming. He had good or better than average stats in Tier III but far from dominating. Tier II was even worse. I'm just not holding my breath with him. If he develops into something more, great but I'm not rating him that high until he shows something much more.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/team/app?p...4&service=page

http://www.russianprospects.com/publ...?player_id=438

Last edited by ChiGuySez: 08-31-2007 at 08:50 AM.
ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2007, 09:11 AM
Hawkster
Got Cup?

I liked his play the last WJC. It wasn't just his offensive ability, but his skating, PKing and his willingness to get physical.

To use a common hockey cliché - His game is "North American".

Hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2010, 10:32 PM
playasRus

Sorry to bump such old thread but after watching tsn highlights just thought i'd point out how it's entertaining he shares the name of a video game villain (modern warfare)

playasRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 08:48 PM
grateful1031

He was easily one of the best players on the ice during the training camp on Saturday. Unless something drastic happens, I think he should make this team.

grateful1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by grateful1031 View Post
He was easily one of the best players on the ice during the training camp on Saturday. Unless something drastic happens, I think he should make this team.
Q said it will depend more on the exhibition and preseason games, but he's definitely made a strong argument so far.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2010, 11:36 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
My God, I can't ****ing wait till Wednesday!

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 02:52 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
The hype for Makarov may just have reached Kruger-esque levels. Let the kid play some pre-season games before saying he's a lock or the other foolishness of slotting him in on the top line.

I used to like the kid more than most on this site. To count on him to be anything more than a decent bottom six winger before playing a single NHL game is asanine.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 08:07 AM
Pez68
Fire Quenneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
The hype for Makarov may just have reached Kruger-esque levels. Let the kid play some pre-season games before saying he's a lock or the other foolishness of slotting him in on the top line.

I used to like the kid more than most on this site. To count on him to be anything more than a decent bottom six winger before playing a single NHL game is asanine.
I must not be seeing where everyone is counting on him being anything more than a bottom six winger. Saying he has the potential to be, and saying he WILL be and we NEED him to be, are two totally different things.

Pez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 03:12 AM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by playasRus View Post
Sorry to bump such old thread but after watching tsn highlights just thought i'd point out how it's entertaining he shares the name of a video game villain (modern warfare)
it's a highly common surname

but if you want to associate it with something (other than a video game), think firearms

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makarov_PM

always good a sniper's surname is that of a gun

Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 03:21 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
it's a highly common surname

but if you want to associate it with something (other than a video game), think firearms

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makarov_PM

always good a sniper's surname is that of a gun
My Uncle's friend had one of those in his gun collection ,, Had several guns from Europe

Had to get ATF license to own it if I recall ,,, It falls under some Relic/collector law or something that allowed him to import it

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote