HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weber Contract Extension Watch

Old
09-27-2010, 12:39 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Weber Contract Extension Watch

OK, so everyone expects a new weber contract soon. But Poile said he'd wait til camp. Well, camp is now over a week gone... I assume they are talking, but who knows.

Anyway, you gotta figure we need to hear about the extension before the regular seaosn starts, so I am thinking poile has two weeks to get it done.

Im not nervous yet, but if October 4th or 5th rolls around and we still havent heard anything, i'll be fidgeting just a bit.

any of you folks with "connections" feel free to chime in if you have heard anything...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 01:20 AM
Liquidfire3240

vCash: 500
Well, Franson took a bit longer than planned so Im sure that pushed back Weber negotiations, so I wouldn't be gnawing on fingernails yet.

Liquidfire3240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 02:56 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

i won't be nervous until some idiot throws an offer sheet his way

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 04:36 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
i won't be nervous until some idiot throws an offer sheet his way
Won't happen because he is arbitration eligible. Thank God

I agree though, I won't be nervous until July 2011 is right around the corner. Plenty of time left. No need to worry

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 10:09 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Won't happen because he is arbitration eligible. Thank God

I agree though, I won't be nervous until July 2011 is right around the corner. Plenty of time left. No need to worry
I am lost, becasue he is arb eligible, no one can throw an offer his way in the offseason?

I could have sworn that RFA status meant any team with the draft picks can extend an offer sheet that a player can sign

Old
09-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
I am lost, becasue he is arb eligible, no one can throw an offer his way in the offseason?

I could have sworn that RFA status meant any team with the draft picks can extend an offer sheet that a player can sign
Once a player or team files for arbitration he is shielded from offer sheets. If he makes it to the summer unsigned, all Preds have to do is file for arbitration, then Weber can't sign an offer sheet.

http://www.nhlscap.com/offer_sheets.htm

Old
09-27-2010, 04:22 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

i do not think there is any guarentee tey do that knowing in arb weber could get north of 7 million, whereas a team offers that they can take the picks.

regardless, i doubt it gets to that point

Old
09-27-2010, 05:48 PM
dulzhok

I think it's very unlikely that the Preds file for arbitration. #1) Arbitration only nets a 1 or 2 year deal. #2) Weber can throw 7m comps around with ease, assume he has a good year next year.

Everyone hopes he signs for Kieth money, but the reality is he could easily want Chara money.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 06:11 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Well, Cirragan did say he knows basically what Weber wants and he's comfortable giving it to him. I guess if Chara money is what Weber will be asking for then you start being more concerned with Rinne and Suter.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 06:46 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
i do not think there is any guarentee tey do that knowing in arb weber could get north of 7 million, whereas a team offers that they can take the picks.

regardless, i doubt it gets to that point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
I think it's very unlikely that the Preds file for arbitration. #1) Arbitration only nets a 1 or 2 year deal. #2) Weber can throw 7m comps around with ease, assume he has a good year next year.

Everyone hopes he signs for Kieth money, but the reality is he could easily want Chara money.
There's a huge difference between filing for arbitration and going to arbitration. 90% of the time, the two sides have come to terms before making it to an arbitrator.

The point of filing for arbitration in this case is not to actually go to arbitration. The point I was making was that if the Preds are afraid that Weber will sign an offer sheet (assuming they don't want him to), then they will file so they have more time to negotiate with Weber. He will not make it to arbitration. Neither side will want that.

On the other hand, if Poile feels they will not get a deal done with Weber, then I agree they will not file because then the plan will now be get as many picks as we can from an offer sheet (or trade is also an option I suppose). But this is different than what I said before (read the quoted post I was referring to)... why would the Preds be "nervous" about Weber signing an offer sheet when the plan is to get picks back in return from him?

There is no reason to be nervous about an offer sheet is the point I'm trying to make. If Weber does get an offer sheet, Poile is not nervous because that means that is what Nashville wants. Poile is in complete control here.

But like token said, this doesn't really matter because something will be done before then

Just re-read my post, and good luck because I rambled a bit lol

Last edited by Paranoid Android: 09-27-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old
09-27-2010, 10:12 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
offer sheets cant happen until after july 1 2011, I believe.

if we havent got a deal done by then, he's gone anyway.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 12:38 AM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Weber will resign (please dont make me eat these words in a year) all in all if someone does offer sheet him Poile better match it until the other team offers him enough for us to get a few first rounders outta them, and in that case we all know what Poile can do in the draft (see Weber, Suter, Rinne, Hornqvist, Hamhuis, Hartnell, Wilson, Radulov, i guess you get it )

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote