HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Robert Lang

Old
09-26-2010, 03:38 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Robert Lang

Any news on if Lang will keep playing or if he's pondering retirement? Clearly, the Coyotes aren't interested in keeping him with the Wellwood camp invite and the Belanger signing. Could he still be useful to a good team as a bottom 6 center at his age or is he pretty close to being done?

How was he last season with the Coyotes?

If the Red Wings didn't have so many forwards, I could have seen them bringing him back. That doesn't look like it can happen though.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Leafssss

Coming to Toronto to help our Young'uns

Leafssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

I don't know how much of a step he lost when he tore his ACL (MCL?) but in Montreal he was pretty good. I know this is two years later but if he doesn't get signed soon I could see him being one of those guys who gets a deal in when a guy goes down. He seems like a good room presence too.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
I don't know how much of a step he lost when he tore his ACL (MCL?) but in Montreal he was pretty good. I know this is two years later but if he doesn't get signed soon I could see him being one of those guys who gets a deal in when a guy goes down. He seems like a good room presence too.
Kind of like what Satan did last year? It's possible. He might just have to wait then. Maybe he'll get lucky and find the right situation.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 07:55 PM
Lunatik*

If Stajan & Langkow both end up on LTIR I wouldn't mind signing Lang to replace one of them, much better option than playing Moss at center ice

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 10:21 PM
massivegoonery

I hope he keeps playing; he's always got that **** eating grin on his face and just looking at him makes me crack up.

massivegoonery is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 10:29 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Any news on if Lang will keep playing or if he's pondering retirement? Clearly, the Coyotes aren't interested in keeping him with the Wellwood camp invite and the Belanger signing. Could he still be useful to a good team as a bottom 6 center at his age or is he pretty close to being done?

How was he last season with the Coyotes?

If the Red Wings didn't have so many forwards, I could have seen them bringing him back. That doesn't look like it can happen though.
He was Very Slow here.

Still had good instincts and with the right line combination he can be effective. Don't think he'll put up 20 goals ever again though. I think most teams would rather use a young guy in that spot.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 11:22 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Great in the room, nothing to offer on the ice. He's done. Might be a coach somewhere, someday.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2010, 11:49 PM
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Great in the room, nothing to offer on the ice. He's done. Might be a coach somewhere, someday.
I agree with this

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 10:53 AM
vampire212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Kind of like what Satan did last year? It's possible. He might just have to wait then. Maybe he'll get lucky and find the right situation.
I hope he finds a club, i find montreal did a bad job getting rid of him after that injury he was a great center for both brothers before they traded sergei stupid management i wish they had more brains.. I wish somepoint they get rid of jacque martin he a useless head coach!

vampire212 is offline   Reply With Quote