HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Dubinsky....... Now.

View Poll Results: Trade Dubinsky?
Keep Dubinsky. He's a valuable part of our future 105 43.75%
Trade Him. It won't hurt our club and we can get something good in return. 23 9.58%
On the side of keeping him, but would not object to a trade if for the right return. 112 46.67%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2010, 02:17 PM
IAMREALITY

vCash: 500
Trade Dubinsky....... Now.

Don't really want to be controversial, but I do recognize that he has his fans here. I was a fan of his. Always rooted for him to just become what we see he has inside of him.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I have that confidence anymore. I know it's only preseason so maybe I'm guilty of prematurely condemning him. But this is more about gut than fact. Basically, I just can't get that feeling out of my gut that Dubinsky will simply remain mediocre this year. Yes, that is based partly on what I've seen (i.e. the fact part) but since it's only preseason that is limited. But I just can't shake that gut feeling. He's just gonna be mediocre. I say put a package together with him and trade him before enough real games have been played that other teams too start realizing he will likely remain mediocre. Trade him. Now.

What say you?

Old
09-27-2010, 02:20 PM
NYR Viper

It all depends on the return IMO. Would I trade him? Yes.

Old
09-27-2010, 02:22 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Package for Brad Richards perhaps?

Old
09-27-2010, 02:22 PM
Xtranova

Would need something GOOD in return though. Not that he is untouchable... But he's still young in my eyes and can develop into a steady 60+ over several years in the future... IMO..

So I don't know really... Might be a important season for him now...

Old
09-27-2010, 02:23 PM
TrojanRanger

Exactly what Hockeyviper said.

I don't want to trade Dubi just for the hell of it, but if you can get back a player that can really help this team with Dubi as the center piece, then I say go ahead and do it.

Old
09-27-2010, 02:31 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
Package for Brad Richards perhaps?
only if that comes with a multi-year extension that does not cripple our cap (again). Dubinsky is worth way more than one year of Richards. I know he's Tort's boy but that doesn't guarantee us anything.

Old
09-27-2010, 02:32 PM
MSG the place to be*

I'll trade him as a package for a legitimate first liner player, as long as said player is fairly priced.

What this preseason is showing is that elite talent wins (Gaborik/Kovy/Parise/Datsyuk/Zetterberg). You can find depth players off the scrap heap any time you want. The difference between a Kennedy and a Dubi or a Fedotenko and a Dubi is not as significant as the difference between Dubi and a legit first liner.

Old
09-27-2010, 02:34 PM
hlundqvist30*

Why are you being so negative? God forbid Rangers fans actually have positive thoughts about a homegrown player. Stop being bitter and ruining for the optimists.

Old
09-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

hes not "untradeable"...practically nobody is untradeable...but i wouldnt try to get rid of him either, id want a big return.

Old
09-27-2010, 02:36 PM
IAMREALITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
I'll trade him as a package for a legitimate first liner player, as long as said player is fairly priced.

What this preseason is showing is that elite talent wins (Gaborik/Kovy/Parise/Datsyuk/Zetterberg). You can find depth players off the scrap heap any time you want. The difference between a Kennedy and a Dubi or a Fedotenko and a Dubi is not as significant as the difference between Dubi and a legit first liner.
Good point.

I guess when it comes right down to it it's all about the "who's". That's the part I'm battling with. For some reason I just can't see Richards working out here. Who then? Sighhhhhhh. I just see Dubi falling into the same habits and I'm just dying for this year to be 'fresh', even if it means letting certain faces (i.e. his) go.

Old
09-27-2010, 02:39 PM
beastly115

I would trade Dubinsky for the right price. That said, Richards for 1 year is not the right price.

Old
09-27-2010, 02:41 PM
IAMREALITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
Why are you being so negative? God forbid Rangers fans actually have positive thoughts about a homegrown player. Stop being bitter and ruining for the optimists.
Not bitter at all. Bit melodramatic of a reply to be quite 'frank' with you.

There are some exciting things going on with our team. I love our homegrown players and our future potential. But if we are of the desire to make a run at the cup then we need to have all pieces fit. For some reason in my gut, I feel like Dubi is not the right piece and will remain mediocre at best. Yeah, that is negative but unintentionally so. It's more of just this inescapable feeling that I needed to throw out there.

No biggie though. I'd love to see him prove me wrong.

Old
09-27-2010, 02:41 PM
HockeyBurd*

They'd better get something significant for him. Or they'll regret it for the next 15 years. But that's nothing new for this organization.

Old
09-27-2010, 02:42 PM
IAMREALITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
They'd better get something significant for him. Or they'll regret it for the next 15 years. But that's nothing new for this organization.
You really think he's going to be that good?

Old
09-27-2010, 02:45 PM
NYR Viper

It has been mentioned before but I would do something like:

Dubinsky for Neal

or

Dubinsky + for Ryan.

Old
09-27-2010, 02:48 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Hemsky and Richards are not pieces I'd trade Dubinsky for. A package to get a guy like Bobby Ryan is a completely different matter because he's an upgrade in talent and he's young. I still believe that Dubinsky is built in the Kesler mold and is only a couple years behind him. Kesler has become a pretty valuable guy in Vancouver.

Trade him for the right piece, but not for an over priced vet, that system has failed.

Old
09-27-2010, 02:48 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
I got it.

Old
09-27-2010, 02:49 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
Not bitter at all. Bit melodramatic of a reply to be quite 'frank' with you.

There are some exciting things going on with our team. I love our homegrown players and our future potential. But if we are of the desire to make a run at the cup then we need to have all pieces fit. For some reason in my gut, I feel like Dubi is not the right piece and will remain mediocre at best. Yeah, that is negative but unintentionally so. It's more of just this inescapable feeling that I needed to throw out there.

No biggie though. I'd love to see him prove me wrong.
Nevermind, the satire is above your head, clearly.

Old
09-27-2010, 02:51 PM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post

What did Kovy and Parise win this preseason?

Old
09-27-2010, 02:52 PM
Ail
k.

Are we being reality?

A big return for Dubinsky would mean including other players/prospects/picks in a package that most people here are not willing to. Dubinsky alone isn't getting any huge return that they would need to be okay with him going.

So basically the answer should be, "Let's never trade Dubinsky because our expected return for him is so outrageous that our heads would explode if he was ever dumped for a 2nd and a prospect."

rip
Old
09-27-2010, 02:53 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
It has been mentioned before but I would do something like:

Dubinsky for Neal

or

Dubinsky + for Ryan.
As a Rangers and Stars fan I can tell you that there's no way in hell the Stars would come anywhere close to that. Nor for Richards. Truth is the Stars do not need a player like Dubi. We have enough top 6 players.

The proposals to get rid of Dubi by getting Neal/Richards off the Stars need to end, because its a pipe dream.

Old
09-27-2010, 02:55 PM
TrojanRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrurysWeekend View Post
Are we being reality?

A big return for Dubinsky would mean including other players/prospects/picks in a package that most people here are not willing to. Dubinsky alone isn't getting any huge return that they would need to be okay with him going.

So basically the answer should be, "Let's never trade Dubinsky because our expected return for him is so outrageous that our heads would explode if he was ever dumped for a 2nd and a prospect."

Which is probably what would end up happening if we held on to him too long like we did with Montoya.

Dubinsky has done NOTHING to suggest that he can be anything more than a decent 2nd liner on a middle of the pack team. If you can get something good for him+ other pieces now, Id be all over that before everyone else figures it out.

Old
09-27-2010, 03:02 PM
IAMREALITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanRanger View Post
Which is probably what would end up happening if we held on to him too long like we did with Montoya.

Dubinsky has done NOTHING to suggest that he can be anything more than a decent 2nd liner on a middle of the pack team. If you can get something good for him+ other pieces now, Id be all over that before everyone else figures it out.
Egg ZACTLY!

Old
09-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Only if we rip the other team off.

Old
09-27-2010, 03:06 PM
TomLaidlaw

I see a lot of potential in Dubinsky. I think if we traded him we would end up regretting it. There aren't many players on this roster of misfit NHL rejects that I would say that about. I see a lot of room for growth in Dubi's game. He has looked disinterested in the preseason but be careful reading to much into these games for our vets with roster spots locked up.

Closed Thread