HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bobrovsky baptism of fire, give it to him Now!

Old
09-27-2010, 02:34 PM
Cartsiephan*

vCash: 500
Carey Price was good once, now he will be lucky to be an NHL backup for his career.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 03:02 PM
jd2210
Registered Non User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSeany View Post
Whats with people putting down Boucher? I personally feel more comfortable with Boosh. He has tons of experience, and has improved. I feel he is ahead of Leighton.
It's because he so hot and cold. Remember 90% of his regular season? He got hot when it counted but he blew most of the year. I remember hoping that Hutton would get a game over Boosh.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 03:10 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
It's because he so hot and cold. Remember 90% of his regular season? He got hot when it counted but he blew most of the year. I remember hoping that Hutton would get a game over Boosh.
To be fair, Boucher actually played a lot better than people seem to recall. A lot of people focus on the really bad games he did have, but he had a lot of nights where he was solid but the team just didn't do their job in front of him.

People also forget that his playing time was horribly mishandled. It's tough to stay prepared for games when you rarely ever get to start, and usually you only find your way into the net because you're coming on in relief of Leighton who's already blown the game and left your team reeling.

Boucher is hot and cold, there's no question, but I'm ready to give him a chance this year to show that, with more frequent playing time, he can be a good backup/relief starter (for short stretches if necessary). So far he's looked better than Leighton (in an incredibly small sample size, I know), so for now I'm curious to see how he does.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 04:51 PM
seanerixon

Send a message via AIM to seanerixon Send a message via MSN to seanerixon Send a message via Yahoo to seanerixon Send a message via Skype™ to seanerixon
In the games people are referring to Boucher being lousy, I can honestly recall him having no goal support. If YOU recall, the Flyers couldn't score for a few games straight, it went to the extent of like four games with only one goal! Boucher is better than Leighton. There is nothing more to it, it doesn't matter in what aspect you look at it. Don't get me wrong, Leighton did wonderful last year, but that was a streak, in the moment. I don't know if you'll ever see that moment with Leighton again.

seanerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
In the games people are referring to Boucher being lousy, I can honestly recall him having no goal support. If YOU recall, the Flyers couldn't score for a few games straight, it went to the extent of like four games with only one goal! Boucher is better than Leighton. There is nothing more to it, it doesn't matter in what aspect you look at it. Don't get me wrong, Leighton did wonderful last year, but that was a streak, in the moment. I don't know if you'll ever see that moment with Leighton again.
i was saying the same thing about boosh in the leighton-injury-thread. he gets seriously underrated, and leighton gets overrated. they are both about the same level, but when it comes down to individual skill, boosh has the edge. boosh should start, and hopefully leighton is doing well enough to back him up, so bobbo doesnt need to.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 05:45 PM
seanerixon

Send a message via AIM to seanerixon Send a message via MSN to seanerixon Send a message via Yahoo to seanerixon Send a message via Skype™ to seanerixon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
i was saying the same thing about boosh in the leighton-injury-thread. he gets seriously underrated, and leighton gets overrated. they are both about the same level, but when it comes down to individual skill, boosh has the edge. boosh should start, and hopefully leighton is doing well enough to back him up, so bobbo doesnt need to.
This pretty much wraps the situation up for now. Homer has stated Bob was probably going to be put on the Phantoms, but they are still giving him more of a look through this pre-season. So if Bob keeps impressing, there is a chance Bob yanks at least the backup position.

Old
09-27-2010, 05:54 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
To be fair, Boucher actually played a lot better than people seem to recall. A lot of people focus on the really bad games he did have, but he had a lot of nights where he was solid but the team just didn't do their job in front of him.

People also forget that his playing time was horribly mishandled. It's tough to stay prepared for games when you rarely ever get to start, and usually you only find your way into the net because you're coming on in relief of Leighton who's already blown the game and left your team reeling.

Boucher is hot and cold, there's no question, but I'm ready to give him a chance this year to show that, with more frequent playing time, he can be a good backup/relief starter (for short stretches if necessary). So far he's looked better than Leighton (in an incredibly small sample size, I know), so for now I'm curious to see how he does.
Like backups are supposed to get? Leighton actually looked good though the last preseason game, so I cant really say Boucher has looked better the Leighton this preseason.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Like backups are supposed to get? Leighton actually looked good though the last preseason game, so I cant really say Boucher has looked better the Leighton this preseason.
eh. he looked pretty bad in the NJ game. I didn't see games after that though. it was obviously his first game back too.

Old
09-27-2010, 05:56 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
So when Boucher went into net, the team always played bad infront of him? Why was that?

Old
09-27-2010, 05:57 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
eh. he looked pretty bad in the NJ game. I didn't see games after that though. it was obviously his first game back too.
He did pretty good against Toronto's A team. Boosh played their B/C team and did good. Leighton played their A team and did good.

Old
09-27-2010, 06:18 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
He did pretty good against Toronto's A team. Boosh played their B/C team and did good. Leighton played their A team and did good.
lets bear in mind it's toronto, so im not gonna get too excited, but its better than nothing

Old
09-27-2010, 06:18 PM
seanerixon

Quote:
So when Boucher went into net, the team always played bad infront of him? Why was that?
Well the coaching change didn't help mid season, now did it?

Old
09-27-2010, 06:30 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Could be a number of reasons?

Our offense was very hot and cold all season until they got hot down the stretch. I don't know if that necessarily correlates to Boucher. That had an AWFUL cold stretch while he was starting for us, and when he got hurt and Leighton picked up the reins they were rounding the corner anyway.

I don't think the team was bad because of Boucher, who played decently well. I think if the team had that big of an issue that they literally could not play with Boucher in net, management would have responded by finding someone - ANYONE - to be his backup and waiving him, don't you?

Our management may not be brilliant, but if there was something seriously wrong with the team where they couldn't play because of Boosh, I guarantee you someone would have said something and they would have found some kind of solution.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 06:44 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Well the coaching change didn't help mid season, now did it?
He came in multiple times during Stevens reign and Lavy's. And both times he played bad (or for everyone else, the team played bad for Boosh)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Could be a number of reasons?

Our offense was very hot and cold all season until they got hot down the stretch. I don't know if that necessarily correlates to Boucher. That had an AWFUL cold stretch while he was starting for us, and when he got hurt and Leighton picked up the reins they were rounding the corner anyway.

I don't think the team was bad because of Boucher, who played decently well. I think if the team had that big of an issue that they literally could not play with Boucher in net, management would have responded by finding someone - ANYONE - to be his backup and waiving him, don't you?

Our management may not be brilliant, but if there was something seriously wrong with the team where they couldn't play because of Boosh, I guarantee you someone would have said something and they would have found some kind of solution.
The idea is that, the offense seemed to be ALWAYS cold with Boosh in net and hot when he wasnt. Sorry, I dont believe in those kind of coincidences. It sounds like more of an excuss then a coincidence.

The thing is, they might not have played well infront of Boosh, but then they get a waiver wire goalie and all of a sudden they play well? It just seemed that the 3-4 times Boosh went on (and didnt do good most of the time, hense why he was pulled for a rookie in Backlund) the team seemed to always lose. It wasnt just a cold period he came in. Or it might of been, but it always seemed that the cold period came when Boosh was in net.

There were more then one cold periods last season, and it always seemed to be when Boosh was in net. The one time it changed was the 1st game Leighton started. I went to the game Boosh got hurt. He let in what, 3 goals in 2 periods? I had box seats that game and at one point people were booing Boosh. Leighton came in and let in a bad goal and I think we lost that game 4-2 or something. Next game though we won, and went on a 8 game win streak (or we had 1 or 2 OT losses). Now at that Florida game, I cant tell you for sure we didnt look like we were turning the corner.

EDIT: This isnt me defending Leighton, but towards the whole "Boosh is a good goalie fillin" stuff. I still remember from last season, when Boosh played at long times, he started to fall off each time and got worse and worse.

Last edited by sa cyred: 09-27-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old
09-27-2010, 07:10 PM
seanerixon

Quote:
He came in multiple times during Stevens reign and Lavy's. And both times he played bad (or for everyone else, the team played bad for Boosh)
Okay so don't take it all upon the goalie, the team flat out stunk for a streak here and there. A goalie can't win if his team cannot score. Like I said before, there were times this season where we got shut out constantly.. And some of those games, the score was 1-0 or 2-0. Hell, a goalie who only lets up 2 goals with a team playing like the worst in the league in front of him? Hats off to him, sounds like Bobo in the KHL.

Old
09-27-2010, 08:30 PM
GirouxCouturier
GirouxMVP

We havent had a good goalie prospect in a long long time. Please, please, please lets not ruin this one. Just let him slowly develop.

Lol jk bring him up right now waive boucher and trade leighton then have bob as the starter and backlund as the backup. If he lets in two goals in one game send him down. haha

GirouxCouturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Shady McCoy
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Carey Price was good once, now he will be lucky to be an NHL backup for his career.
For real?

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Shady McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 09:55 PM
seanerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Oh... he doesn't start for the Montreal Canadiens.
Oh... he wasn't the one kept over the other goaltender who got shipped out to the Blues this past off season for Lars Eller and Ian Schultz.

Old
09-27-2010, 10:59 PM
Flyerfan808

I don't care for all this "mandatory 1 year in AHL" bull **** I keep hearing. If he is going to give us the best opportunity to win - he should be the guy.

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 11:08 PM
seanerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
I don't care for all this "mandatory 1 year in AHL" bull **** I keep hearing. If he is going to give us the best opportunity to win - he should be the guy.
Thank you.

Old
09-28-2010, 12:50 AM
46zone
Guttersnipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
For real?
I'm stunned you were the first person to bring that comment to light. I honestly don't know why anyone takes this guy seriously when he's constantly talking out of his ass.

46zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 01:20 AM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Amen Brother ! I agree with you 100%, hate to see this cats spirit clipped over nonsense like " needs to adjust " etc. The NHL players better ADJUST to this cat in my opinion, he has MAD skills and EVERYONE in the Flyers management knows it.What a crazy situation we have going on right now.The damn salary cap nonsense may prove to be the achilles heel for BOB not getting the nod to be with the big team.Either way i hope he continues playing well in either league, and makes the most of his chance when he gets it.Go Flyers !

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 03:57 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
Amen Brother ! I agree with you 100%, hate to see this cats spirit clipped over nonsense like " needs to adjust " etc. The NHL players better ADJUST to this cat in my opinion, he has MAD skills and EVERYONE in the Flyers management knows it.What a crazy situation we have going on right now.The damn salary cap nonsense may prove to be the achilles heel for BOB not getting the nod to be with the big team.Either way i hope he continues playing well in either league, and makes the most of his chance when he gets it.Go Flyers !
I understand what you are saying. But like Lee Corso says. NOT SO FAST, MY FRIEND!.

He has skills yes. The young netminder is still pretty raw and could get exposed. I noticed he gets happy feet when there is traffic in front of the net when the puck is at the point. I think there is still some evaluating going on. Let him get some more pre-season games under his belt so we can accurately judge his prospects of making the team this season. Management and the coaches are doing the same thing. If he continues to turn heads i think they are forced to keep him with the big club.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 07:37 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
I think most people agree with this for the most part, but it's just a huge risk. We have ourselves, what appears to be, a great goaltending prospect. This is his first ever exposure to North American hockey. So yes, he might be the best goaltender we have right now, but you risk messing him up if he comes over and gets lit up because he's not used to NA play.

So you've got to weigh how much better is he than our other options, and is it worth the risk. That's all it is.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 07:43 AM
The Cheat
Habitual Linestepper

Send a message via AIM to The Cheat Send a message via MSN to The Cheat
Quote:
A flash in the pan decent pre-season and pre-nhl experience does not make a starting goaltender. What if you put him in and he gets shelled and goes 1-10?

The Cheat is offline   Reply With Quote