HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2010 NFL Thread (All Jets, Giants and General NFL talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2010, 04:20 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamoTheKid View Post
I was at the game yesterday and I haven't seen Giants fans that angry in a LONG time. I'm trying not to be dramatic or anything but this team is pathetic. The Bears game is pretty much make or break IMO.
You obviously weren't at the Carolina game last year.

09-27-2010, 04:31 PM
Fletch

Sure is, Singn'...

the you get stupidity from McKenzie and Rolle and the list goes on...to me, it does start from the top. While the local rags depict the Jets as a team in turmoil, it seems as though the players there unanimously want to play for their coach; the same doesn't seem as though it can be said for the Giants.

Old
09-27-2010, 04:37 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight85 View Post
I think you're right... I've honestly never seen anything quite like that yesterday.

Outgain the opponents at a 2-1 margin? Double the yards?!

The one pic was just a terrible play by Eli and the the other was another tipped ball popped into the air.

Bradshaw with a fumble and an endzone chop block...

Endzone chop block?! When was the last time you saw a saftey called on a penalty like that.

I really can't remember when.

It was like everything that could've went wrong did went wrong... AND we had 6 personal fouls.

There's a lot wrong with this team.

And the worst part about it all I really think the talent is there. I think they have the players to be a good team. But coaching, gameplan (Colts Game), and discipline have all been lacking.

I really hope they can turn this around, because it'll be a season that's not lost of a lack of talent... it'll be lost on a lack of intelligence.

In football its not a given that you can put together a talented team, and to waste one like the Giants have been doing, is a damn shame.
I really don't think I've been as frustrated as I was on Sunday in a long, long time. Such a dominating performance wasted completely. It's such a shame to the players who showed up and played hard. The defense should be insanely pissed off at the offense, IMO. They played a fantastic game. They held Chris Johnson in check and, essentially, made him a non-factor the entire game.

McKenzie should never play another down for this team and Diehl should never play another down as the left tackle.

Old
09-27-2010, 04:41 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Outside of the 1 42 yard run, the Giants held Johnson to just 2.6 yards per carry.

And still lost the game.

Let's let that sink in for a while.

Old
09-27-2010, 04:49 PM
NYRangers09

This might be the greatest thing i have ever read

Reporter: Without Darelle, the Dolphins, Marshall and Hartline, they were able to do pretty much whatever they wanted.
Rex: Yea, except score when it counted.

Old
09-27-2010, 04:59 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
I wouldn't mind us cutting ties with Jacobs all together and going after McGahee. I hate his guts right now.

I know this isn't going to happen during the season but I'd be completely ok with seeing a complete decapitation of this teams coaching staff. I hate to say it, but Spags should have never been let go.

I was at the game yesterday and I haven't seen Giants fans that angry in a LONG time. I'm trying not to be dramatic or anything but this team is pathetic. The Bears game is pretty much make or break IMO.
Agreed.

Spags is a coach that the defense loved to play for, and he was able to handle some of the big egos on the team. Perry Fewell seems to be an improvement over Sheridan but then again anyone is.

How Gilbride still has a job beyond me. I know the running backs coach got pissed with him last year because he was having Jacobs run routes that were better suited for Ware. There were some obvious miscommunications between the coaches themselves and the players as well, and I'm not sure if these issues have been rectified.

And then there's Coughlin. He's never been a great coach and is entirely too predictable. You would never know that Coughlin is such a strict and demanding coach from the way this team has played. He's clearly lost the team.

Old
09-27-2010, 05:05 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Just posted this on BBV:
Quote:
JMO, but Sunday’s loss was the worst loss, for me, of Coughlin’s entire time here. It actually makes me sick to my stomach.

We dominated the Titans. Dominated Johnson. Yet we still somehow lost the game. The defense must’ve thrown a ****ing fit after the loss (as they should have).

Nothing worse than giving up a game and losing it yourself. I have a lot less problem losing a game because the team sucks than I do losing a game because the team gave it away.

I’ve been a huge TC supporter. Sunday might have broken me, though. I am ready to see him go. I appreciate everything he’s done for the team, but I have to think it’s time to move on. Sunday’s game was a disgrace.

Old
09-27-2010, 05:10 PM
rangerssharks414

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
How Gilbride still has a job beyond me.
Yup, I wonder the same thing.

Old
09-27-2010, 05:12 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerssharks414 View Post
Yup, I wonder the same thing.
The problem with him is he just isn't terrible enough to go.

He's a mid level OC. He has some really good games (Sunday) and some really terrible games (a lot of last year).

Old
09-28-2010, 09:56 AM
LamoTheKid

I'm sorry, but 29 fantasy points is hardly "dominating Johnson". Sure they stopped him from having an even bigger day but CJ2K worked us bad. The Steelers dominated him, not the Giants.

Old
09-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Midnight85

Send a message via AIM to Midnight85 Send a message via MSN to Midnight85
Quote:
I'm sorry, but 29 fantasy points is hardly "dominating Johnson". Sure they stopped him from having an even bigger day but CJ2K worked us bad. The Steelers dominated him, not the Giants.
I don't know man, CJ got the majority of his yards in garbage time when the Giants were way behind and the D was gassed because the Offense kept putting him back on the fields with turnovers.

Like Jonathan said above before that 40 yard run in garbage time it was a 2.6 yard per carry average.

He's averaged about 5.3 yards per carry on his career.

Old
09-28-2010, 11:54 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers09 View Post
This might be the greatest thing i have ever read

Reporter: Without Darelle, the Dolphins, Marshall and Hartline, they were able to do pretty much whatever they wanted.
Rex: Yea, except score when it counted.
God I love that man.

Old
09-28-2010, 12:55 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:
Not a good way to judge someone's day. You actually have to watch the game.

The Giants for 3 quarters stopped Chris Johnson

Old
09-30-2010, 11:21 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Jets signed Trevor Pryce to bolster the front seven. Not totally sure how much he has left, but he's a veteran that knows the system. I like it.

Old
09-30-2010, 03:06 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Corresponding move was to cut Howard Green. Sounds as if Green is a lock to be re-signed on Monday though.

I the Jets can get past Buffalo this week, they'll be sitting pretty. 3-1, three division wins, and a fully healthy team.

Old
10-01-2010, 04:53 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Bulluck, Bernard and Kiwi out. Osi questionable.

FML.

Old
10-01-2010, 04:53 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Quote:
Please. Great job of not watching the game.

Old
10-01-2010, 04:54 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaRanger View Post

Exactly. So annoying when some stat surfer is like LOL NO U DIDN'T when it is clear they didn't watch the damn game.

The only big run Johnson had was when the game was already over.

He had something like 2.6 yards per carry if you subtract that run when the Giants were already toast.

Old
10-01-2010, 05:05 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaRanger View Post

True. But they ran the ball down the Giants throats, and that was a large part of the win.

Saying they stopped him for three quarters is like saying "we shut Ovechkin down until the 3rd period." Its not easy to do, but you have to stop him for the whole game, not just 3 quarters.

Old
10-01-2010, 05:14 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
True. But they ran the ball down the Giants throats, and that was a large part of the win.

Saying they stopped him for three quarters is like saying "we shut Ovechkin down until the 3rd period." Its not easy to do, but you have to stop him for the whole game, not just 3 quarters.
Yeah but the Titans really didn't run it down their throat.

Chris Johnson was NOT the reason the Giants lost that game. They did what they were supposed to do, and that was stop Chris Johnson. This is like a Quarterback getting a garbage end of the game touchdown and being like "man, what a game he had!"

Old
10-01-2010, 05:17 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post

Since when is averaging 2.9 YPC for the game (outside of the one run when the game was near over) "[running] the ball down the Giants throats"? They couldn't run the ball at ALL on the Giants, which is one of the main reasons the Giants played so damn good. Their run defense was top notch.

You clearly didn't watch the game either.

Old
10-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Kiwanuka's injury is one of those things that end players careers. Bad news.

Old
10-01-2010, 05:28 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Kiwanuka's injury is one of those things that end players careers. Bad news.
Yep. Really bad news. This season is getting worse and worse.

Closed Thread