HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Dubinsky....... Now.

View Poll Results: Trade Dubinsky?
Keep Dubinsky. He's a valuable part of our future 105 43.75%
Trade Him. It won't hurt our club and we can get something good in return. 23 9.58%
On the side of keeping him, but would not object to a trade if for the right return. 112 46.67%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2010, 08:30 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
Personally speaking...I'd have a problem with trading Dubi. He's a homegrown player, and I personally like it when one of our own coming up through the system, does well in N.Y. I want to see him succeed wearing a Ranger jersey. I like the kid. He's still working out the kinks in what he needs to do to be more consistent in all facets of the game. He'll get there...as long as people are patient enough to let his game evolve to where it needs to be. It would royally piss me off if he were to be traded, and then fully blossoms with another team. I want us to reap the benefits of what he's capable of. Just give him time. The kid wants to be a Ranger.
so was and so did bobby sanguinetti

so what

Old
09-27-2010, 08:31 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
That's a YOU problem.

I'm guessing you soured on Staal as well, correct?
No, that's a DUBINSKY problem.

Over the summer, some joked that Torts always has to "get a dig at Dubinsky" in the media. Of course, everyone jumped all over the idea, but I agreed. Torts never speaks glowingly about many guys, but even he was bothered by that stunt, and it shows in what he says.

The fact of the matter is that, if he plays better this season (maybe 50+ pts.), he will probably want 5M+... at least that's how I would think if I were GM. So I could see him being traded at the deadline or mid-season.

Staal, on the other hand, missed no work time. It was a little stupid toward the end, but the worst it did was make all parties concerned/ Another difference, Staal is a consistently good player.

Old
09-27-2010, 08:36 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post

so what
That doesn't work simply because Dubinsky has proved to be an important part of our team in my opinion, while Sangs was passed up by the other D-men in our system.

I think we should be more worried about trying to do something with all of the players who won't be on our team instead of worrying about Dubinsky.

Old
09-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Blazephr

Quote:

so what
yeah, and so what? How does Sanguinetti pertain to this conversation??? And don't say the obvious that he was a Ranger fan growing up too. duh.

Old
09-27-2010, 08:41 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
That's a YOU problem.

I'm guessing you soured on Staal as well, correct?
Reading comprehension is your friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
No, that's a DUBINSKY problem.

Over the summer, some joked that Torts always has to "get a dig at Dubinsky" in the media. Of course, everyone jumped all over the idea, but I agreed. Torts never speaks glowingly about many guys, but even he was bothered by that stunt, and it shows in what he says.

The fact of the matter is that, if he plays better this season (maybe 50+ pts.), he will probably want 5M+... at least that's how I would think if I were GM. So I could see him being traded at the deadline or mid-season.

Staal, on the other hand, missed no work time. It was a little stupid toward the end, but the worst it did was make all parties concerned/ Another difference, Staal is a consistently good player.
You're right, pretty much my feelings summed up. I did have a problem with Dubinsky's immature attitude. HOWEVER, I told everyone on these boards that he could win me back by playing well. I haven't seen him play to the potential for the money he was asking for. As of know I am indifferent on Dubinsky, even though I still don't really like him too much, but that doesn't mean I want him to succeed. I don't see him topping out at more than 60 points in a year. While that is respectable, I really think we could try to get more out of a trade while he still has that phantom potential then down the road when he has maxed out.

Staal, as BobMarley had mention, did not sit back while training camp was going on. He made sure that he had the situation resolved so he could be out there practicing with his comrads when he was supposed to be. Also, like BobMarley said, if Staal was asking for a hefty pay raise then I'd be a little more understandable because he has been our best defensive defenseman over the last couple of years. Meaning HE DESERVED the money, so I would be more willing to understand tense negotiations. Dubinsky on the other hand has been average the last couple of years. He was looking for more money than he was worth, and he was being selfish given the situation he was in.

With all this, I think that Dubinsky should be traded if and only if, we get something back to improve the team (mainly a #1 center), not just for the matter of making a trade.

Old
09-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Blazephr

60 points for a 2nd liner, when did that become a bad thing? Just asking in general.

Old
09-27-2010, 08:46 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
People are ridiculous. Let's trade our best homegrown offensive talent guys! Not like he's improved drastically every year or anything.

Old
09-27-2010, 08:47 PM
I am a Ranger

**** No! Dubinsky is a great young player. I wouldn't even think one second about getting rid of him.

Old
09-27-2010, 08:49 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
60 points for a 2nd liner, when did that become a bad thing?
It's not a bad thing. But there are two different types of 60 point players- There are the Grinding 60 point players who are like above average 3rd liners and then there are 60 POINT PLAYERS. What I mean by that is a player who is capable of making all the players on his line better, and I don't see that Dubinsky. He grinds out and gets garbage goals, while that is all well and good, he isn't the type of player that I think could make everyone else around him a better player. He isn't really the secondary scoring I want on this team personally.

Old
09-27-2010, 08:50 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
yeah, and so what? How does Sanguinetti pertain to this conversation??? And don't say the obvious that he was a Ranger fan growing up too. duh.
you wrote it bro.

like wanting to be a ranger has any value whatsoever.

i just highlighted how ridiculous a statement that was

nothing more

Old
09-27-2010, 08:57 PM
Blazephr

Yes, that's right. I'm busting out a video clip to make a point, so what? lol

I counted 3 garbage goals in the entire video. I'm going to have to disagree that the majority of Dubi's goals are of the "garbage goal" variety.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxmys...ext=1&index=29

if I knew how to embed...I'd do it. sorry.

Old
09-27-2010, 09:05 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Yes, that's right. I'm busting out a video clip to make a point, so what? lol

I counted 3 garbage goals in the entire video. I'm going to have to disagree that the majority of Dubi's goals are of the "garbage goal" variety.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxmys...ext=1&index=29

if I knew how to embed...I'd do it. sorry.
2 things:

1) That is only a short clip of his goals, so basising conclusions off that video is not taking into account all the other goals he has scored.

2) But that's not my main point. My main point is still that he is a grinding 60 point player, not one who makes players around him better unlike, say a Brad Richards.

Old
09-27-2010, 09:05 PM
nyr2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
It's not a bad thing. But there are two different types of 60 point players- There are the Grinding 60 point players who are like above average 3rd liners and then there are 60 POINT PLAYERS. What I mean by that is a player who is capable of making all the players on his line better, and I don't see that Dubinsky. He grinds out and gets garbage goals, while that is all well and good, he isn't the type of player that I think could make everyone else around him a better player. He isn't really the secondary scoring I want on this team personally.
So are you saying you'd rather take a 60 point zherdev type vs a 60 point dubinsky type player? . Here's a comparison for you, 2009-2010 64 points out of a bobby ryan type player (similar style to dubi), or 2007-2008 62 points out of z

Old
09-27-2010, 09:07 PM
nyr2417

Quote:
2 things:

1) That is only a short clip of his goals, so basising conclusions off that video is not taking into account all the other goals he has scored.

2) But that's not my main point. My main point is still that he is a grinding 60 point player, not one who makes players around him better unlike, say a Brad Richards.
If Dubinsky and Brad Richards were both to reach 60 points, I take Dubinsky all day. Because he's a grinder getting 60 points which means he's not only putting up the points of a playmaker but he's also forechecking, pk'in, blahh blahh blahh. I take a 60 point grinder over 60 point playmaker all day everyday.

Old
09-27-2010, 09:10 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan4390 View Post
So are you saying you'd rather take a 60 point zherdev type vs a 60 point dubinsky type player? . Here's a comparison for you, 2009-2010 64 points out of a bobby ryan type player (similar style to dubi), or 2008-2009 58 points out of z
But Zherdev also made the players on his line better because of his good passing skills. So yes, I would rather take a player who not only scores 60 points, but one that can make his whole line good. Ok, so Dubinsky can get 60 points, let say. That's great but they style he plays in creating his own chances also doesn't help the other people he's playing with because they have to either create for him, or create their own chances, he can't create for them. Good players, not only reach their own potential, but they also help the players around them reach their potential as well. So yeah I think I would rather take Zherdev's 50 points over Dubinsky's 60 points because if you put those two with the same linemates over the course of a year, I guarentee the line will have better numbers with Zherdev on the wing than Dubinsky.

I really only consider Dubinsky a above average grinding 3rd liner. I think that fits him to a T.

Old
09-27-2010, 09:15 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan4390 View Post
If Dubinsky and Brad Richards were both to reach 60 points, I take Dubinsky all day. Because he's a grinder getting 60 points which means he's not only putting up the points of a playmaker but he's also forechecking, pk'in, blahh blahh blahh. I take a 60 point grinder over 60 point playmaker all day everyday.
That's fine, that's your preference. I would rather take a Richards-type player who can HELP get Gaborik a 100 point season, and not have a Dubinsky-type player who will mainly have to have Gaborik create for himself and have him finish with 80 points. I'll say it again:

Good players not only create their own chances, but also create chances for their linemates, Dubinsky does the former, however he lacks quite a bit in the latter.

This is a matter of preferences, you perfer the grinding forchecker, however I don't find those qualities as important in a 2nd line player as I do in a 3rd line player. I would personally rather give up forchecking and those intangabiles to have someone who could make the people around him better.

Old
09-27-2010, 09:18 PM
Blazephr

Quote:
you wrote it bro.

like wanting to be a ranger has any value whatsoever.

i just highlighted how ridiculous a statement that was

nothing more
oh dear, I'm sorry. Should I delete "the kid wants to be a Ranger? Because it holds "no value" whatsoever to you personally?

So sue me, I'm a die-hard Ranger fan who doesn't discount the fact that a certain player (whom I like as a player) wants to be apart of the organization long term.

Old
09-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Dubinsky's not a 100 point player . . . . . . . so let's trade him for one!!!!!

Anyone see a problem with this scenario? Who exactly are we trading Dubinsky for?

You're not going to find many players in this league that earn as little as he does, and contributes more in various areas of the game.

I can't fathom why some Rangers fans dislike, or want to move Dubinsky.. Are you guys insane?

Old
09-27-2010, 09:30 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Dubinsky's not a 100 point player . . . . . . . so let's trade him for one!!!!!

Anyone see a problem with this scenario? Who exactly are we trading Dubinsky for?

You're not going to find many players in this league that earn as little as he does, and contributes more in various areas of the game.

I can't fathom why some Rangers fans dislike, or want to move Dubinsky.. Are you guys insane?
We are trading for someone (let's assume Richards), who not only reaches and eclipses the point total of Dubinsky, but incredibly makes his linemates better with his playmaking skills (simply astonishing!!!! A hockey player who can not only put the puck in the net, but has the dimension of making other people better.

While it's true the person coming back will cost more money, but wait till you see what Dubinsky will command when he becomes a free agent, you'll be asking to trade him to.

You'd be foolish if you refused to trade somone with maybe 2-3 dimensions in his game for somone who has like 4 or 5. If we could get back Richards, or someone of that ilk that could turn us into a powerhouse, Dubinsky developing will NEVER make us a contender alone simply by developing.

Old
09-27-2010, 09:37 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

You're not just trading Dubinsky for Richards straight up. Dubinsky + picks at the very least for an aging, albeit still great, Richards.

At this point, to be perfectly honest, i'm all for trying to nab Richards for money in UFA next year- I think Richards would be great for us and there's few guys who I'd rather take, i absolutely love Richards. However, if that fails i'm also all for letting Anisimov and Stepan fill that role for us.

Old
09-27-2010, 09:39 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
You're not just trading Dubinsky for Richards straight up. Dubinsky + picks at the very least for an aging, albeit still great, Richards.

At this point, to be perfectly honest, i'm all for trying to nab Richards for money in UFA next year- I think Richards would be great for us and there's few guys who I'd rather take, i absolutely love Richards. However, if that fails i'm also all for letting Anisimov and Stepan fill that role for us.
Yea, I understand what you're saying but I am using Richards just as an example, mainly because I can't think of anyone else who's a potential target off the top of my head.

Old
09-27-2010, 09:42 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Yea, I understand what you're saying but I am using Richards just as an example, mainly because I can't think of anyone else who's a potential target off the top of my head.
Well yeah, I think Richards is the most likely target too which is why i'm comfortable in waiting and going with the flow till he hits UFA.

Old
09-27-2010, 09:45 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

It's interesting that this hypothetical argument about 60 point players has sprung up in this thread. Because it goes exactly to the reason I would be in favor of trading him now.

In my opinion, when we look back on Dubi's career I think we'll see that he averaged around 50 or so points per game in his prime, not 60. And certainly not more than 60. Maybe in his best 1 or 2 years he'll get to 57-60.

But I think there are people around the league who look at Brandon and think he's a budding Ryan Kesler. So, if you can trade Dubi to someone who thinks that highly of him, you do it because you're getting the value of a potential 75 point player for a guy who will really only average around 53.

I like players that come up through the system, who play a complete game, etc. too. I just like talent more. (And if we wind up keeping him, I sincerely hope I'm wrong about his talent.)

Old
09-27-2010, 09:48 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
It's interesting that this hypothetical argument about 60 point players has sprung up in this thread. Because it goes exactly to the reason I would be in favor of trading him now.

In my opinion, when we look back on Dubi's career I think we'll see that he averaged around 50 or so points per game in his prime, not 60. And certainly not more than 60. Maybe in his best 1 or 2 years he'll get to 57-60.

But I think there are people around the league who look at Brandon and think he's a budding Ryan Kesler. So, if you can trade Dubi to someone who thinks that highly of him, you do it because you're getting the value of a potential 75 point player for a guy who will really only average around 53.

I like players that come up through the system, who play a complete game, etc. too. I just like talent more. (And if we wind up keeping him, I sincerely hope I'm wrong about his talent.)
+1. Well said BRF, that is one facet of my argument put very well.

EDIT: On that note can we take Kesler off Vancouver's hands

Old
09-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Deathstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post

On point.

Great post

Closed Thread