HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan White Appreciation Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-27-2010, 11:36 PM
  #176
Axeshun
 
Axeshun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 731
vCash: 500
Exteremely impressed with Ryan White tonight!






He was working hard all night long and he got rewarded for it. I honestly can't see how you could justify NOT keeping this guy on our team. He can fight, defend his teammates and he can actually skate!

Axeshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 11:50 PM
  #177
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,248
vCash: 500
Reps, brah.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 12:04 AM
  #178
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
All the time? I remember Mogilny and Nylander, mostly big contract chockers, who else?
Tons. Makes no difference to the cap or have any real effect other than to the owner, so why are you making a fuss about it?

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 12:28 AM
  #179
THE HOFF
Registered User
 
THE HOFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,167
vCash: 500
I have come to appreciate white. There is always that thin line where you go '' is this guy really like that or is it just a prospect going all in ? '' ... and in his case, I think this guy is for real.

I am unhappy to see desharnais leave and pyatt stay... based on the trainning camp, my choice would have been different, and crystal clear. Seems like pyatt did enough last year to be locked on the squad from day 1 ... doesn't mean it won't change.

other than that I liked moen tonight...he had a bad season last year, and I'm looking forward to see doubters being proved wrong.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 01:03 AM
  #180
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Hey, I'm the Ryan White fanclub leader. You can stay as the leader of the Desharnais fanclub.
Not so fast :p .. check through the old threads
, I was huge on White when everyone loved Maxwell. I think I actually rated White in my top-3 once.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 01:03 AM
  #181
Sharp Skates
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 779
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Reps, brah.
Back to the misc with you.

Sharp Skates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 01:06 AM
  #182
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,688
vCash: 500
Well a heck of a game. Deserve to stick around that's for sure.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 01:40 AM
  #183
didjuicythat
@m_desroches
 
didjuicythat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Why oh why did Gauthier sign Darche and Pyatt to 1-way contracts!!!!
In Pyatt's case, it's fully deserved. The guy, baring any injury, should play all 82 games on the 3rd-4th line. He's become that useful... Can't see him going back to the AHL anytime soon.

didjuicythat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 02:42 AM
  #184
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by didjuicythat View Post
In Pyatt's case, it's fully deserved. The guy, baring any injury, should play all 82 games on the 3rd-4th line. He's become that useful... Can't see him going back to the AHL anytime soon.
I wanted White here instead of Pyatt last year, and I certainly haven't changed my mind.
That being said, I always liked them playing together. They were great last year for us during a few games, and they've been good all camp. I would be very much happy to see them along side Moen, while keeping Halpern and Darche out.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 06:26 AM
  #185
Max Levine
Registered User
 
Max Levine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I wanted White here instead of Pyatt last year, and I certainly haven't changed my mind.
That being said, I always liked them playing together. They were great last year for us during a few games, and they've been good all camp. I would be very much happy to see them along side Moen, while keeping Halpern and Darche out.
I wouldn't mind that at all. But Pyatt or White at center? Pyatt has been playing on the wing all season long. Does anyone know if Boucher has used White at center last year?

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 06:52 AM
  #186
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,295
vCash: 500
Who would claim Darche?

Someone have a video for White at the star presentation?

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 08:09 AM
  #187
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
I like how both of White's fights lasted like 3 seconds but they were both swinging to take each others' head off.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 08:15 AM
  #188
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Tons. Makes no difference to the cap or have any real effect other than to the owner, so why are you making a fuss about it?
Isn't that good reason enough? Would you want to spend a million dollars for absolutely nothing and risk losing the cheap player via waivers? I'm speaking as if i don't want White in the line-up, but it's the complete opposite, I'm not president of the club like Natey, but my liking of team toughness makes me the one who's crossing his fingers the most.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 08:23 AM
  #189
Strik_IX
No excuses!
 
Strik_IX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,873
vCash: 1395
I've asked this on another thread, but I see White listed as a center, unfortunately I don't check bulldogs games and have only seen him play wing, but if the guy is a center I feel the Halpern signing fairly useless.

Now I know he's good on the faceoffs, but still.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 08:33 AM
  #190
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,390
vCash: 500
Darche will have his spot taken by White....no doubt about it....

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 08:37 AM
  #191
Mue
Registered User
 
Mue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
I've asked this on another thread, but I see White listed as a center, unfortunately I don't check bulldogs games and have only seen him play wing, but if the guy is a center I feel the Halpern signing fairly useless.

Now I know he's good on the faceoffs, but still.
White was drafted as a center but has spent most of his AHL/NHL time on the wing. I highly doubt he will ever spend much time at center in the NHL.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 09:01 AM
  #192
swimmer77
What's an ROW?
 
swimmer77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: in water
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,385
vCash: 500
I haven't seen any of the preseason games but I liked what Ryan White did last year and was disappointed when he was down to the farm.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 09:03 AM
  #193
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,243
vCash: 500
If Darche stays and White goes then Martin and Gauthier are clueless.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 09:14 AM
  #194
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Regardless of who was right or wrong about the kid, he's an awesome player and deserves to be with the club imo. But hey Greg Stewart seemed to be great when we first called him up too. I'd like to see Ryan consistently play the way he did last night. If he does we have one hell of a pick on our hands

Is it me or did it appear that SEVERAL of our prospects are going to be NHLers? I'm not scout and I know it sounds crazy, but many of them looked great out there. I have a gut feeling a couple years down the line we'll have some serious ing going on here with regard to Timmins picks

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 09:27 AM
  #195
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Regardless of who was right or wrong about the kid, he's an awesome player and deserves to be with the club imo. But hey Greg Stewart seemed to be great when we first called him up too. I'd like to see Ryan consistently play the way he did last night. If he does we have one hell of a pick on our hands

Is it me or did it appear that SEVERAL of our prospects are going to be NHLers? I'm not scout and I know it sounds crazy, but many of them looked great out there. I have a gut feeling a couple years down the line we'll have some serious ing going on here with regard to Timmins picks
White always had a ton more hockey skill than Stewart, just look at their junior stats...and White played in the tighter checking WHL.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 09:30 AM
  #196
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
White always had a ton more hockey skill than Stewart, just look at their junior stats...and White played in the tighter checking WHL.
Not comparing the two players really, comparing the situation. Kids can look good the first couple games they come up, when they appear to sometimes be playing above their current level, then they sometimes seem to drop off.

Just saying give the guy a spot, but don't cry if he doesn't live up to the hype of last game.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 09:30 AM
  #197
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
If Darche stays and White goes then Martin and Gauthier are clueless.
Why does that make them clueless? You don't think White is better off playing top 6 minutes in Hamilton than sitting in the press box in Montreal? If you keep a young player he needs to be in the lineup every night, Darche is perfect for the 13th forward role, he knows his role, has a good attitude, and will work his butt off until he gets in the lineup...plus he's like 32 so it's not like you are hurting a 22 year old's development.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 09:31 AM
  #198
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Not comparing the two players really, comparing the situation. Kids can look good the first couple games they come up, when they appear to sometimes be playing above their current level, then they sometimes seem to drop off.

Just saying give the guy a spot, but don't cry if he doesn't live up to the hype of last game.
Dagostini is a perfect example, he looked like a future Kessel the first couple of weeks in the NHL.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 09:32 AM
  #199
Bieber fever
Registered User
 
Bieber fever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westmount
Posts: 5,120
vCash: 500
yesterday , Gaston therien at l'amtichambre said that if you bring white , he has to play in the top 6 oterwhise he is useless.

not sure if serious

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 09:32 AM
  #200
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Oh i wish i was as bright as you...

Hey Bob, how many 1-way contract players actually do get send down? It's bad management to give 1-way contracts to players who don't make the team, that's why most of the time the coach has his hands tied behind his backs.
Sanford and Henry both have 1 way contracts, I'm pretty sure they'll be sent down.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.