HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Don't be surprised if Cujo is a Ranger on Friday?

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2003, 08:28 PM
fuhr

vCash: 500
Dunham has "never" taken a team to the playoffs,good or bad. Are you guys going to sit here and say last years Oiler team was better than the Ranger squad last year? If they're not making the playoffs it's as a team not everyone but Dunham. Remember,his job is to keep the pck out of the net nothing more or less. Granted,that's far from only the goalies fault but i have a feeling if the rangers made the playoffs a lot of people would say it's because of Dunham. So,if they don't make the playoffs some of the blame must also land on the goalies shoulders if he were to take the glory the other way. Like Salo in the playoffs,it's not totally his fault they haven't beaten Dallas in the playoffs but he hasn't made the big save when necessary so he takes a lot of the blame in this city. Right or wrong that's how it is.

Old
10-03-2003, 08:37 PM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhr
Dunham has "never" taken a team to the playoffs,good or bad. Are you guys going to sit here and say last years Oiler team was better than the Ranger squad last year? If they're not making the playoffs it's as a team not everyone but Dunham. Remember,his job is to keep the pck out of the net nothing more or less. Granted,that's far from only the goalies fault but i have a feeling if the rangers made the playoffs a lot of people would say it's because of Dunham. So,if they don't make the playoffs some of the blame must also land on the goalies shoulders if he were to take the glory the other way. Like Salo in the playoffs,it's not totally his fault they haven't beaten Dallas in the playoffs but he hasn't made the big save when necessary so he takes a lot of the blame in this city. Right or wrong that's how it is.

Oh yeah? Oh Yeah? Well Cloutier beat the crap out of Salo. :p

Old
10-03-2003, 08:37 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
How are you using last year for basis specially after giving Salo a PASS for last year! Dunham wasn't even on the team for half the season and when he was he had a plus .500 win % which says a lot for a team that finished with a terrible record. Rangers have missed the playoffs how long now? Please don't give me this bull that they had a good team.

What makes you think you can fool us with your stupid logic and reasoning. We watch the games too ya know.

Old
10-04-2003, 05:14 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
i have a feeling if the rangers made the playoffs a lot of people would say it's because of Dunham. So,if they don't make the playoffs some of the blame must also land on the goalies shoulders
The situation in not black-and-white. Goaltending was the Rangers strongest and most consistent aspect of the game last year. Not defense. Not special teams. Not scoring. Goaltending! Dunham was doing all he could do. It was the failures of everyone else on the TEAM, behind the bench and in the front office that kept the Rangers out of the playoffs.

Most people here watched 82 Ranger games last year. We don't need someone who apparently didn't watch any to summarize the season for us. Take your skewed opinons and failed predictions (Cujo a Ranger by Friday?) and go back to where ever you came from. No one cares to read your BS. :mad:

Old
10-04-2003, 11:13 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
You hit the nail on the head in your second sentence: Edmonton had a team last year, while the Rangers had a group of players on the ice. As others have pointed out, Dunham was our best player for the time he was here (with the possible exception of Leetch after he came back from the injury). One player cannot, regardless of how well he plays, will a group that never became a real team into the playoffs.

And if you blame Dunham for not getting Nashville into the playoffs, then you should blame Salo for not getting the Isles into the playoffs during the years he was the #1 there. And the year he came over to Edmonton and played in a only few games before he lost all 4 games in the playoffs that year. And what happened in 2001-2??? Salo wasn't able to steal an extra game or two and get you into the playoffs? Or are you going to give me a litnay of excuses for his play and others on the team?

I happen to like Salo as a goalie. I think he is very solid--although he would not be my first choice to start a playoff game, given his record. That said, the Rangers' goaltending is one of the few areas I am not concerned about this season. I have confidence that Dunham and Markkanen will do everything they need to do to give the Rangers a chance to make the playoffs. Whether the other players on the roster hold up their end of the bargain is another matter. Goaltenders after all, can only prevent goals, not score them.

Old
10-04-2003, 11:16 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
The situation in not black-and-white. Goaltending was the Rangers strongest and most consistent aspect of the game last year. Not defense. Not special teams. Not scoring. Goaltending! Dunham was doing all he could do. It was the failures of everyone else on the TEAM, behind the bench and in the front office that kept the Rangers out of the playoffs.

Most people here watched 82 Ranger games last year. We don't need someone who apparently didn't watch any to summarize the season for us. Take your skewed opinons and failed predictions (Cujo a Ranger by Friday?) and go back to where ever you came from. No one cares to read your BS. :mad:
No wonder why you're in such a bad mood Melrose! Watching all those games would make even the nicest person rather snarly.

Closed Thread