HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

And then there's the matter of Ruslan Fedotenko

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-28-2010, 05:42 AM
  #26
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,825
vCash: 500
Fedotenko had 30 points last year (23 at even strength) and was -17 in 80 games with pittsburgh. He's averaged less than .5 ppg for his career and only once reached 40 points. What makes anyone think he can put up decent numbers with us?

He isn't going to contribute enough to warrant giving him a spot. He's 31 and not in our future plans. Cut him and move on.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 05:49 AM
  #27
Ilya Zubrus*
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Zubrusarus Land, NJ
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 619
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ilya Zubrus* Send a message via MSN to Ilya Zubrus* Send a message via Yahoo to Ilya Zubrus* Send a message via Skype™ to Ilya Zubrus*
Just because Fedotenko had a bad season doesn't mean he won't turn it around. I'm a big Fedotenko fan, and the guy always suffers from Stanley Cup hangover.

Ilya Zubrus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 06:34 AM
  #28
alkurtz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mahopac, NY
Posts: 903
vCash: 500
What worries me is that so many times guys come to camp on a tryout basis, are super motivated, have a great camp, are signed, and then disappear during the regular season.


Plus, my son-in-law, who is a big time Pens fan and watches every one of their games has very little good to say about him and calls him "stone hands" for his total inability to capitalize on scoring opportunities.

Much rather go with a younger player than him.

alkurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 08:11 AM
  #29
allstar3970
Registered User
 
allstar3970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR9968 View Post
so far this year i think that we have an over abundance or people to fit into certain spots and the coaching staff is intent to moving dubinksy to the wing

1. frolov-prospal-gaborik
2. fedotenko-anisimov- callahan
3. avery - drury - dubinsky
4. boogard-boyle-prust
scratch: kennedy, christensen

D1. staal - girardi
D2. gilroy- del zotto
D3. eminger- rozsival
scratch: mcdonagh
obviously hank and biron
1) dubinsky will play left wing
2) Mcdonagh will not be on the big club if he's going to be the 7th D, he'll be playing top pairing minutes in hartford if that were the case.
3) As much crap as Roszival gets, he is not a bottom pairing dman on this team.
4) If Fedotenko is on our 2nd line we're really in trouble.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 08:15 AM
  #30
khaoskennedy
Registered User
 
khaoskennedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Western, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkurtz View Post
What worries me is that so many times guys come to camp on a tryout basis, are super motivated, have a great camp, are signed, and then disappear during the regular season.


Plus, my son-in-law, who is a big time Pens fan and watches every one of their games has very little good to say about him and calls him "stone hands" for his total inability to capitalize on scoring opportunities.

Much rather go with a younger player than him.
that pretty much sums it up, and falling down constantly
seriously tho, not a terrrible player but on the decline imo

khaoskennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 08:18 AM
  #31
bubba5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,047
vCash: 500
I always liked Feds, did he have a bad year, yes, if he where to sign for league minimum, I don't see the risk. I think he can still contribute.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 08:30 AM
  #32
pwoz
Registered User
 
pwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,580
vCash: 500
No more enigmatic, inconsistent Euros. After Zherdev and Kotalik, I can't risk even higher blood pressure.

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 08:43 AM
  #33
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
No more enigmatic, inconsistent Euros. After Zherdev and Kotalik, I can't risk even higher blood pressure.

Wow. Usually I can anticipate when xenophobia is going to show up, but this one took me by surprise. Congrats, sir.

As to the topic at hand, I have no idea what Fedetenko is doing here and I think it was a bad idea to invite him when camp was so crowded already. He is taking a spot that should probably go to a kid learning on the job. Having said that, now that he's here you simply can't cut him - he's been about the 4th or 5th best forward on the team. If you're going to say that you're going to play the best performers regardless of contract, then you need to stand by that pronouncement and keep him on the team. Now, we'll see if he keeps it up (and if he doesn't, he needs to go on his merry way), but for now he's on the team because he's played his way on.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 08:50 AM
  #34
pwoz
Registered User
 
pwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Wow. Usually I can anticipate when xenophobia is going to show up, but this one took me by surprise. Congrats, sir.

As to the topic at hand, I have no idea what Fedetenko is doing here and I think it was a bad idea to invite him when camp was so crowded already. He is taking a spot that should probably go to a kid learning on the job. Having said that, now that he's here you simply can't cut him - he's been about the 4th or 5th best forward on the team. If you're going to say that you're going to play the best performers regardless of contract, then you need to stand by that pronouncement and keep him on the team. Now, we'll see if he keeps it up (and if he doesn't, he needs to go on his merry way), but for now he's on the team because he's played his way on.
LOL I'm 100% Polish. Fedotenko is an enigmatic, inconsistent, moody Euro. He's the very definition of that particular stereotype. He's not a ridiculously aggressive and consistent monster like Ovechkin. Fedotenko, Zherdev, and Kotalik are junk.

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 08:58 AM
  #35
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 8,938
vCash: 500
other than the fact that ftank doesnt seem interested in playing any defense, hes a decent guy to have on this team for a number of reasons.

first and foremost, i dont see anyone better beating the door down for a spot.

hes got good size and can score some goals for us and god knows we need that on this offensively challenged team.

after watching him play a couple games, he certainly knows where to go and what to do in the offensive zone.

and he gives us another russian for arty to chill with

hell likely be minus 77 or something though

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 09:02 AM
  #36
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,992
vCash: 500
If we keep him around as a scratch who subs in for Boogaard once in a while, i'm perfectly happy with that.

If he signs a cheap contract, its not a horrible thing to have an experienced vet around in case of injury.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 09:10 AM
  #37
z1co80
The Incredible Hank
 
z1co80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Fedotenko had 30 points last year (23 at even strength) and was -17 in 80 games with pittsburgh. He's averaged less than .5 ppg for his career and only once reached 40 points. What makes anyone think he can put up decent numbers with us?

He isn't going to contribute enough to warrant giving him a spot. He's 31 and not in our future plans. Cut him and move on.
This ^^

We dont need him, we already have similar players so why waste a contract on someone we dont need? However he will be signed in my opinion, i think its obvious Torts wants him.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 09:16 AM
  #38
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 8,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
If we keep him around as a scratch who subs in for Boogaard once in a while, i'm perfectly happy with that.

If he signs a cheap contract, its not a horrible thing to have an experienced vet around in case of injury.
honestly, if we do sign him to an affordable deal, hell likely play alot.

injuries and the torts carousel will make for planety of opportunity to play.

hes a torts guy too so that helps alot.

and one more thing, i do not for a moment think that boogaard will play alot. in fact, hell prolly not play much at all. i see him getting perhaps 50 games at most.

the guy cannot skate and has zero hockey skills. when he dresses, which hopefully will be only occasionally, hell get 6 shifts a game.

hes like a nuclear deterant. hes there but only so that he doesnt have to be used kinda thing.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 09:43 AM
  #39
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Why not sign him to league minimum start him and if he sucks for us then sit him and keep him as a reserve in case of injury or if one of the younger guys starts to falter.

This team has injury prone players and i think it will be good to have someone who can step in if prospal, avery, etc... gets injured

We have the cap space, cant hurt in signing a guy who is sure to bring SOMETHING to the table

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 09:49 AM
  #40
HVPOLARBEARS19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NY
Country: Israel
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Fedotenko will be the new Kotalik of this team if he makes it. On a team that is very deep, and has a legit shot of winning the cup, Fedotenko could be a nice piece. On a team that is "committed" to rebuilding (which we actually seem to be, finally), there really is no reason for him to be on the team. I do think that giving Zuccarello some time on the farm could be helpful, so maybe Fedotenko will do a decent job holding things down until he comes up, but if Fedotenko blocks a young (probably better) player with his entire career ahead of him, then I'm very against it.

Also, there is no way Prust or Avery is getting cut, and Christenson is making the team.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 09:59 AM
  #41
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
We should have had him when he was done with Isles. I am not sure about now, though... He is not a huge talent, just a reliable workhorse. I agree, there's no much competition for him. I am not sure here, as I said... never liked the guy a lot , but wouldn't mind to have a true SC champion he is on our roster.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 10:07 AM
  #42
mullichicken25
Registered User
 
mullichicken25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 500
dont really see any point in keeping him

does anyone really think he'll be a difference maker for a complete season?

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 10:07 AM
  #43
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
Fedotenko will be the new Kotalik of this team if he makes it. On a team that is very deep, and has a legit shot of winning the cup, Fedotenko could be a nice piece. On a team that is "committed" to rebuilding (which we actually seem to be, finally), there really is no reason for him to be on the team. I do think that giving Zuccarello some time on the farm could be helpful, so maybe Fedotenko will do a decent job holding things down until he comes up, but if Fedotenko blocks a young (probably better) player with his entire career ahead of him, then I'm very against it.

Also, there is no way Prust or Avery is getting cut, and Christenson is making the team.
He is in no way Kotalik.....i dont even understand this comparison

Kotalik had a decent salary, feds will be making league minimum...

In addition, he will not be expected to produce the secondary scoring that Kotalik was meant to bring.....he is simply a hard worker, prospal type that will get 3rd or 4th line minutes and a veteran experience to one of the youngest teams in the league

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 10:53 AM
  #44
msv957
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,056
vCash: 500
Feds was a good pickup. He has (2) Stanley Cup rings and tons of experience. Torts obviously likes the way he plays. If there are concerns that he is taking away playing time from the kids, well... then maybe the kids are not good enough just yet?

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 10:53 AM
  #45
HVPOLARBEARS19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NY
Country: Israel
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface Avery View Post
He is in no way Kotalik.....i dont even understand this comparison

Kotalik had a decent salary, feds will be making league minimum...

In addition, he will not be expected to produce the secondary scoring that Kotalik was meant to bring.....he is simply a hard worker, prospal type that will get 3rd or 4th line minutes and a veteran experience to one of the youngest teams in the league
What I meant by that comparison has nothing to do with salary, or even style of play. What it has to do with is another veteran that brings very little to this team. He's not a leader like Shanahan. He's not a scorer like Jagr. We already have a veteran hard-worker/depth guy like Prospal. Sure, he's won 2 cups, but we're probably not going to be competing for one this year. Considering the direction of the team, I'd rather have a spot be given to one of the guys in our system, especially if all he is at this point is a 3rd line forward, something our team has an over-abundance of. You also say he's not going to be expected to provide secondary scoring, but Kotalik wasn't either based on the fact that he was brought in and played on the 4th line for half the time he was here...Fedotenko has actually looked a lot better offensively than Kotalik ever did (who was really a shootout specialist and served some time on the 2nd PP unit), but Fedotenko has looked poor defensively to me, which is disconcerting.

All in all, I just don't think he fits the mold of the team we have going forward. Like I said though, if it's a temporary place holder until Zuc is ready, then I'm not too opposed to it.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 11:12 AM
  #46
Chalfdiggity3
Registered User
 
Chalfdiggity3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
I agree with you guys, i think if feds makes the team he should be the extra forward to put in in place of the Boogie man against teams that are more skilled than fighters. A line up of this would look real solid.

Frolov Stepan Gaborik
Dubinsky Anisimov Prospal
Avery Drury Callahan
Prust Boyle/Kennedy Boogie
extra- Feds

Staal Girardi
Rosie Mdz
Mcd Valentenko/Sauer

I like it, it may not be a playoff caliber team but it allows us to give our young players a chance and our defense may surprise some with mcd and valentenko as our 3rd pairing who could really shutdown the lower 3rd n 4th lines and add a phsyical mean streak to our backline.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 11:16 AM
  #47
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,077
vCash: 500
I am cool with signing Fedotenko on the cheap. Thing is he would only make it if White and Stepan go down

Frolov, Christiensen(stop gap then trade for Richards at deadline Please!) Gaborik
Dubinsky, Anisimov, Prospal
Avery, Drury, Callahan
Boogaard, Kennedy, Prust
Boyle, Fedotenko

With that they are still battling for playing time during the year

Stepan, Grachev, Zuccarello will get their turns soon enough

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 11:17 AM
  #48
Slick Rick 61
Registered User
 
Slick Rick 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
I still think it depends on the Kennedy/Boyle and who makes the team there. If Torts wants to keep both, Feds is likely gone. Honestly though, I would let Fedotenko go, because the Rangers have enough guys on the bottom 6 who can provide more effective all around play. The two rings/experience is nice, but I just don't see where he fits in the logjam.

The one scenario I could see him being kept with both Kennedy and Boyle on the roster is if Todd White goes, but I'm still on the fence about that. Still want to see him a little more, though he really hasn't done much.

Slick Rick 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 12:09 PM
  #49
Loffen
Cup mode: ON
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 18,609
vCash: 500
Do not want.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 12:10 PM
  #50
BOXPLAY
Registered User
 
BOXPLAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 94
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BOXPLAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
I agree with you guys, i think if feds makes the team he should be the extra forward to put in in place of the Boogie man against teams that are more skilled than fighters. A line up of this would look real solid.

Frolov Stepan Gaborik
Dubinsky Anisimov Prospal
Avery Drury Callahan
Prust Boyle/Kennedy Boogie
extra- Feds

Staal Girardi
Rosie Mdz
Mcd Valentenko/Sauer

I like it, it may not be a playoff caliber team but it allows us to give our young players a chance and our defense may surprise some with mcd and valentenko as our 3rd pairing who could really shutdown the lower 3rd n 4th lines and add a phsyical mean streak to our backline.
Perfect for me sign me up for that opening night roster

BOXPLAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.