HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Big Georges is ready

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2003, 05:23 AM
Yanner39

vCash: 500
Big Georges is ready

http://www.canada.com/edmonton/edmon...6-94189A398F09

If he can play each game like he play against Dallas, he will be so valuable to this team...I can just see him and Torres running Bertuzzi in the boards....I think he's probably the only Oiler (maybe Isbister) that could get in Bertuzzi's face and do some damage...

Old
10-02-2003, 06:56 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Imagine if Laraque could play his game with consistency, he could be mentioned in the same breathe as Joe Thornton and Todd Bertuzzi. I hope that this year he comes out with gangbusters and just makes the entire league his b!t$h.

Old
10-02-2003, 02:29 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
Imagine if Laraque could play his game with consistency, he could be mentioned in the same breathe as Joe Thornton and Todd Bertuzzi. I hope that this year he comes out with gangbusters and just makes the entire league his b!t$h.
When he's on his game he's very good, but not that good.

A 20 goal season would be possible but he'll never get 30.

Old
10-02-2003, 03:06 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie

lets not get carried away here..... if laraque played his best each and every game, i would say that 20 goals would *maybe* be possible.... but playing "his game" doesnt mean scoring lots, it means getting under the skin of other teams.... and making them look over their shoulder

lets not compare him to players with MUCH superior skills... thats not fiar to them or laraque..... i would say that if laraque could play his game all season consistently, he could get 15 goals and 15 assists... and thats a big if

Old
10-02-2003, 07:24 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
http://www.canada.com/edmonton/edmon...6-94189A398F09

If he can play each game like he play against Dallas, he will be so valuable to this team...I can just see him and Torres running Bertuzzi in the boards....I think he's probably the only Oiler (maybe Isbister) that could get in Bertuzzi's face and do some damage...
It's impossible for a guy to play every game like Georges played against Dallas those couple games, you just can't keep it up.

Old
10-03-2003, 05:14 PM
coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
It's impossible for a guy to play every game like Georges played against Dallas those couple games, you just can't keep it up.
If he plays like he did last night, he should definately be in the press box. How can he be worth l.4 mill????? Don't blame his play on a sore groin because he was interviewed and he said that it was 100%.

Old
10-04-2003, 03:36 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Well, I don't know about that...I mean, Bertuzzi plays at a high intensity level each night, he's physical and didn't miss a game last year and the year before he missed 10 games due to supension...So it's possible...Geoges has to show the intensity he did in that series...Some nights maybe more phycical than others...

Maybe Bertuzzi is in better shape than Georges, then I'll give you that...Against Dallas Georges was intense and showed up to play each game...As fans, we should expect these players to show up each and every night, not just when they feel like it...

Old
10-04-2003, 11:28 AM
Vincent Vega
GGTK

I hope Georges does play the same way he did against Dallas because every game of that series I saw The Rock was kicking some major ass.

Closed Thread