HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Huet (cleared and loaned to Fribourg-Gotteron)

Old
09-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Freudian
wild card, *****es

vCash: 50
I think he will be ok.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 06:30 PM
trublu16

vCash: 500
This argers me.

This is clearly cap circumvention, and everyone in the world knows it. And what will be done to Chicago? Not a dam thing, cuz there is probably some stupid rule in the CBA that allows them to do this. But the Devils sign Kovy to an absurd contract and gets the hammer come down on them.

Huet was signed to a contract, and now Chicago just ships him off to Europe. And does not have worry about his cap or any penalties by doing this. Something needs to be done. I really don't care if it is just a fine and lost of DP's. But something must be done for Chicago circumventing the cap.

But again nothing will be done about it.

trublu16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 06:34 PM
alpine4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu16 View Post
This argers me.

This is clearly cap circumvention, and everyone in the world knows it. And what will be done to Chicago? Not a dam thing, cuz there is probably some stupid rule in the CBA that allows them to do this. But the Devils sign Kovy to an absurd contract and gets the hammer come down on them.

Huet was signed to a contract, and now Chicago just ships him off to Europe. And does not have worry about his cap or any penalties by doing this. Something needs to be done. I really don't care if it is just a fine and lost of DP's. But something must be done for Chicago circumventing the cap.

NOPE, it started, with again the Devils, Molginy and Malakhov and today NYR and CHI are sending salary to minor teams to get rid of it (Because its required by each team). Nowhere in the CBA it mention anything about salary to the minors, and I honestly doubt that it will be fixed in the next CBA as well.

You guys may actually need it in a few years ...

Last edited by alpine4life: 09-27-2010 at 06:41 PM.
alpine4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 06:39 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
This argers me.

Of course nothing will be done about it, because they didn't do anything wrong.

Last edited by Majik1987: 09-28-2010 at 08:20 AM. Reason: flaming
Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I think he will be ok.

I wish my boss would loan me there

Teemu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 06:52 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
This argers me.

Lol there is fail everywhere in your post.

Nasty Nazem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Bagged Milk

Quote:
This argers me.

I didn't see you whining in the Redden thread...

Bagged Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 07:15 PM
RBR

Quote:
This argers me.

It's not cap circumvention. These moves are allowed within the boundaries of the salary cap. I would rather teams be able to dump mistakes and sign new players rather than restrict the number of teams with cap space, which reduces salaries all around and leads to more (and better) players playing in Europe. Better to lose Huet than someone else.

And personally I don't give a rats ass because I think teams should be able to keep their talent even if they make some mistakes. Making a mistake should not be license for another team to raid you. Then everyone will just be really conservative, and the league would be boring.

RBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 07:16 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagged Milk View Post
I didn't see you whining in the Redden thread...
Him being a Blues fan has to have something to do with it.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 08:58 PM
RAZZIE King
Registered redophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
he's going to the Swiss league
In other words...Chicago is sending Swiss cheese to Switzerland...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 10:43 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Well, best of luck to Huet overseas. Getting to play over there for the salary he's making isn't too bad. He's already won the Cup. Now he can sit back, play some hockey, and gather his money in not too bad of a place. He's not a bad goalie and I'm sure he's a good person and will be missed by his teammates, but maybe he has a chance at coming back to play in the NHL after this season if the Blackhawks can afford having him back here. If not, it's a business, and he's already won a Cup and he's making good money in a decent place.

No one can really say he doesn't already have much of what the NHL has to offer, even though he'd probably love to stay here. What can you do though? He isn't the only one who won't be with the team this season. At least he's still part of the organization.

Good luck Huet, I'll miss having you here.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 11:26 PM
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I think he will be ok.

That is definite a pretty place. Also the hometown of David Aebischer.

Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 01:14 AM
Hawktopus

So even if he was loaned to a Swiss team if the Blackhawks want him back he still has to go through re-entry waivers right?

Hawktopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 02:56 AM
defer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawktopus View Post
So even if he was loaned to a Swiss team if the Blackhawks want him back he still has to go through re-entry waivers right?
I think he is unavailable similar to if a rookie goes back to the juniors. I may be wrong though

defer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 03:14 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
This argers me.

It is allowed in the CBA... now it's your turn to tell me why it is circumvention.

Bubba88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 12:25 PM
trublu16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Him being a Blues fan has to have something to do with it.
It may have something to do with the fact that Redden had not cleared yet. But it is the same exact thing. And this has nothing to do with the feelings I have against the Chicago hockey club. I do have problem with the fact of sending mistake contract to the AHL/Europe or any other league to clear our salary cap space. Wait a second, that sure sounds like salary cap circumvention. But there should be a penalty for being able to send the contracts of Huet/Redden to ensure that your can stay under that cap. IF it is a fine/DP it really doesn't matter but a team must be punished for making mistake and make the organization responsible for signing these player to high dollar contracts.

Old
09-28-2010, 12:27 PM
trublu16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
It is allowed in the CBA... now it's your turn to tell me why it is circumvention.
And as I said, there is probably a rule that allows this kind player movement with out penalty. And that is what is wrong.

Old
09-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early

Well, he was a nice guy, but he's gone and that problem as an on ice-player and cap hit is finally out. Now, how much did we have to pay for his loaning or how much do we have to pay him while he's over there?

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 12:44 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Well, he was a nice guy, but he's gone and that problem as an on ice-player and cap hit is finally out. Now, how much did we have to pay for his loaning or how much do we have to pay him while he's over there?
The Hawks will probably be paying almost his entire contract.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 12:47 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
And as I said, there is probably a rule that allows this kind player movement with out penalty. And that is what is wrong.
How could it be wrong if it's specifically allowed?

You attribute some kind of punitive motive to the salary cap that just isn't there.

massivegoonery is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 12:48 PM
RobertKron

Quote:
It may have something to do with the fact that Redden had not cleared yet. But it is the same exact thing. And this has nothing to do with the feelings I have against the Chicago hockey club. I do have problem with the fact of sending mistake contract to the AHL/Europe or any other league to clear our salary cap space. Wait a second, that sure sounds like salary cap circumvention. But there should be a penalty for being able to send the contracts of Huet/Redden to ensure that your can stay under that cap. IF it is a fine/DP it really doesn't matter but a team must be punished for making mistake and make the organization responsible for signing these player to high dollar contracts.
So what is the solution? Set an upper price limit on contracts that can be re-assigned?

What if you sign a guy to a big contract and then he gets hurt and after recovering, he isn't an NHL-quality player anymore, but still wants to play to collect his salary? Should a team HAVE to retain the player?

What about the countless times that a 3rd/4th line guy gets demoted because there's a guy who makes less than him who is nearly as good? Is that cap circumvention, too?

What about when rookies with high cap hits are kept out because theres an NHL vet who will have roughly the same impact at less hit? Is that cap circumvention?

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Ishad

Quote:
Paying a player over 5 million dollars not to play for your team is a penalty. Both New York and Chicago are doing what is best for the team, but owners aren't fans of wasting money like that.

Ishad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 01:42 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
So what is the solution? Set an upper price limit on contracts that can be re-assigned?

What if you sign a guy to a big contract and then he gets hurt and after recovering, he isn't an NHL-quality player anymore, but still wants to play to collect his salary? Should a team HAVE to retain the player?

What about the countless times that a 3rd/4th line guy gets demoted because there's a guy who makes less than him who is nearly as good? Is that cap circumvention, too?

What about when rookies with high cap hits are kept out because theres an NHL vet who will have roughly the same impact at less hit? Is that cap circumvention?
The funny thing is, there already is a limit to how much you can bury, functionally at least. You still have to comply with the offseason cap, so bad contracts still limit your flexibility in a big way.

All these types of things end up doing is inflating the cap a little bit, and for many teams its going to be the real dollars that hurt more.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 02:14 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
OK... next question.

where is the difference between sending Huet to the minors or sending Jeff Taffe to the Minors? Hawks need both away... both could not stay with the Hawks cause they couldn't afford both. Or Meech with the Wings (if it happens)

no Difference between who is send down. No Matter if it is a 5+ million player or a 0.5 million player

Bubba88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Using your flawed logic any roster move could be construed as cap circumvention.

The Hawks have done absolutely nothing wrong.

Last edited by Majik1987: 09-28-2010 at 03:31 PM. Reason: flaming
Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote