HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010-2011 Rangers Prospects Thread (Juniors, NCAA, International, Other)

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2010, 09:57 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
roman horak is a kid who can do big things. hes defensive awareness is something many would not have envisioned when he was drafted. hes not only improved, hes become a very solid 2 way player. i still say hell be a very good playmaker more than a shooter.

hes one of those guys that we will look back on and say, where did this kid come from.

hes got all the tools to be an nhl centerman.
Completely agreed. Liked this pick since day 1.

Having said all that, did I read somewhere during the last month or so that the Rangers think he'll wind up moving to the wing as he moves up to higher levels of hockey?

Old
09-27-2010, 10:08 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Completely agreed. Liked this pick since day 1.

Having said all that, did I read somewhere during the last month or so that the Rangers think he'll wind up moving to the wing as he moves up to higher levels of hockey?
I think that is Werek. Horsak projects as a center.

Old
09-27-2010, 10:26 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
I think that is Werek. Horsak projects as a center.
Horsak?

I knew they were already envisioning Werek on the LW (always said he reminds me of Gravey), but I could've sworn I read the same thing about Horak... in fact it stood out, because I had been hoping he would eventually become our very own Krejci.

Old
09-27-2010, 10:49 PM
ColonialsHockey10

The moment I read about Horak's size + skill I was pretty excited. Hopefully he puts together an awesome season this year. Playing with a great WHL sniper like Howse should help.

Is Chilliwack supposed to be any good this year?

Old
09-28-2010, 12:04 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Horsak?

I knew they were already envisioning Werek on the LW (always said he reminds me of Gravey), but I could've sworn I read the same thing about Horak... in fact it stood out, because I had been hoping he would eventually become our very own Krejci.
Yeah, Horsak(which BTW sounds extremely dirty), the 6'9 reincarnation of Chara with Gretzky's skill and vision.

Honestly, I think he is going to bust, they should just move him while he still has value.

Old
09-28-2010, 12:56 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
The moment I read about Horak's size + skill I was pretty excited. Hopefully he puts together an awesome season this year. Playing with a great WHL sniper like Howse should help.

Is Chilliwack supposed to be any good this year?
Chilliwack is supposed to be very good this season. Predicted to win their division.

Old
09-28-2010, 01:08 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Jason Wilson has been traded to Owen Sound. He asked for a trade

https://twitter.com/HockeyProspect/status/25806186163

Was it mentioned earlier that McNaught was traded?

McNaught was traded to the Vancouver Giants a few days ago.

Old
09-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Pashnin has played only 3 games of 8 so far for Moscow. Wonder whats up?

Valiquette seems to have won their starting job, and former ranger prospect Jan Marek leads the team in scoring.

Old
09-28-2010, 03:08 PM
CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Pashnin has played only 3 games of 8 so far for Moscow. Wonder whats up?

Valiquette seems to have won their starting job, and former ranger prospect Jan Marek leads the team in scoring.
I think someone said (Squishy?) that he had a minor injury.

Old
09-29-2010, 10:44 AM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
I think someone said (Squishy?) that he had a minor injury.
He missed one or two of their first four games for reasons unknown. Then he played a couple games and went missing again. At that point Nemchinov (CSKA coach & GM) said in an interview that he and another player had minor injuries. But then he came back for a game and played 16+ minutes only to miss their next game.

No one on the CSKA forum appears to know for sure whether he's missed all the games because of injury, or if he was simply sat out for some of them. Either is totally feasible.

Old
09-29-2010, 11:33 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
No one on the CSKA forum appears to know for sure whether he's missed all the games because of injury, or if he was simply sat out for some of them. Either is totally feasible.
Was he a healthy scratch for some games last year? I don't recall that being the case. Did they add some dmen and he get pushed down the depth chart?

Old
09-29-2010, 01:31 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Was he a healthy scratch for some games last year? I don't recall that being the case. Did they add some dmen and he get pushed down the depth chart?
Yeah, he sat out about a dozen games last season, and even had a brief stint in the MHL (KHL's junior league). And after CSKA was knocked out of the playoffs, he went back down to their junior team and played there until they got knocked out as well.

CSKA brought in a couple new defensemen this summer, but lost a couple as well. I won't profess to know much about the new guys (except one, Evgeny Kurbatov, who came up through Omsk's system with Cherepanov and got screwed when he died and the army came calling for all the kids who should have been doing their military service) but at a glance it would look like Pashnin's probably moved up the depth chart rather than down.

Old
09-29-2010, 03:03 PM
terrrrrible

Is there anywhere online that streams CHL games for free? Poking around I found http://www.hockeywebcasts.com, but it doesn't seem like they actually have anything for game streams.

Old
09-29-2010, 10:31 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
lol, Stepan's hf rating just got a boost very recently. And hes 41st on the top 50 chart.

Grachev is a little higher, still because of his one good OHL season.

Old
09-30-2010, 09:33 AM
squishy

Video feature on Carl Hagelin (the Rangers most underrated prospect, IMO):

http://www.mgoblue.com/allaccess/?media=197973

Old
09-30-2010, 11:36 AM
Pizza

His English is superb.

I see him as at least a solid 3rd liner.

Really good depth guy.

Old
09-30-2010, 12:17 PM
FOXHOUND*

Hagelin is supposed to be a great PKer as well right?

Old
09-30-2010, 01:23 PM
dccuse

mcilrath

hockey writers put out there top 100 prospects. mcilrath is 58th. here's what they had to say:

58 Dylan McIlrath NYR D 2010-10th
One-Timer: Although I was high on McIlrath heading into the draft, even the Rangers surprise me when they grabbed him at 10th overall with the likes of Cam Fowler and Brandon Gormley still on the board. “The Undertaker”, as he has been referred to by more than one scout, had a meteoric rise up the draft rankings of pro scouting services this past season.

To be known as the nastiest and most intimidating player in the WHL is one thing. To gain that moniker as a 17 year is quite another; in fact, simply unheard of. McIlrath accomplished just that.

As I watched McIlrath in the WHL playoffs against the talented Calgary Hitmen, I got a glimpse of what an absolute force this young blueliner can be. Not only is he a freight train of a load physically, the kid can skate and has impressive speed. Carrying the puck, if he can’t go around you, he’s going to go through you! He also has a howitzer of a slapshot and an impressive wrist shot in his arsenal as well.

His defensive skills are already impressive and the ability to deliver momentum shifting monumental hits is reason to get excited. The two-way potential he exhibited this season, especially in the second half, only makes him all the more intriguing.

Worst case scenario, he becomes a shutdown physical defenseman enforcer who can skate. Give him time and have patience and you likely have a guy who can contribute offensively as well.

He has improved leads and bounds over the past two seasons, and I suspect he has just begun to tap into that potential.

Old
09-30-2010, 01:41 PM
PoddubnyRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Video feature on Carl Hagelin (the Rangers most underrated prospect, IMO):

http://www.mgoblue.com/allaccess/?media=197973
I know most Swedes learn English in school from an early age, but it's amazing how after 3 years over here, his English is basically unaccented...seems like a very smart kid, too.

Old
09-30-2010, 03:30 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I hated MacIlrath pick at the time but have since really warmed up to it.

Old
09-30-2010, 10:22 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
Hagelin is supposed to be a great PKer as well right?
Yeah. His skating and hockey sense defensively are very, very good. I see him as a more offensively gifted Sjostrom.

Old
10-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Brock

Update on Jason Wilson from last night against Erie.

Truthfully, I didn't notice Wilson at all until the 3rd period, when he came to life. He grabbed a garbage goal off the aforementioned nice feed from Shipley on the powerplay. He also picked up an assist on the game winning goal by Shipley by breaking into the offensive zone with speed and getting the puck to a streaking Shipley for a shot (it was ultimately the rebound that Shipley put in for the goal). In the past, I've always noticed how physical Wilson is though and didn't see that tonight. Hopefully as he becomes more used to his new surroundings, we'll start to see the heavy hitter return.

Old
10-01-2010, 08:26 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Bourque scored a goal in a 8-2 win tonight. Overall, not really a good game for him. He had his first fight in the league though. He won the fight and didn't play much the rest of the game. I guess Roy wasn't happy that he fought.

Old
10-01-2010, 08:28 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Bourque scored a goal in a 8-2 win tonight. Overall, not really a good game for him. He had his first fight in the league though. He won the fight and didn't play much the rest of the game. I guess Roy wasn't happy that he fought.
is Quebec loaded this year? seemed u guys have had a couple big wins already.

Old
10-01-2010, 08:33 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
is Quebec loaded this year? seemed u guys have had a couple big wins already.
Quebec was more loaded last year but those who were supposed to be the leaders were very disappointing. This year they are less skilled but they work harder and so far they're doing great. We have 9 rookies in the lineup. They're 6-0-0-1. 46 goals scored and 12 against. However, they haven't played against the best teams yet. Sunday will be a good test against Moncton. I think Kabanov and Gormley are supposed to be back.

Closed Thread