HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Down to 27 9/28/10, roster cuts and potiential cuts

Old
09-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I wonder if they're not mistaken in someway...I can't see any criteria that would make them subject to waivers...
They were 20 years old when they signed their first contract. After 3 years, they are subject to waivers.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 04:15 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
I've been informed by Dirk that the Predators have told him that Jonas Andersson does not have to clear waivers this season.

If true, and it's coming straight from the team, then I don't see anyway Andersson makes the team out of camp. While I was high on him after intersquad scrimmages, he's been virtually invisible since then...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 04:51 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

per POTG, Geoffrion sent to Milwaukee.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 05:13 PM
MrJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I've been informed by Dirk that the Predators have told him that Jonas Andersson does not have to clear waivers this season.

If true, and it's coming straight from the team, then I don't see anyway Andersson makes the team out of camp. While I was high on him after intersquad scrimmages, he's been virtually invisible since then...
Isn't he on a one-way contract? I thought the contract value alone would make him waiver-eligible...

MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 07:19 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.h...id=DL|NSH|home

Geoffrion gone. No news from the Preds on Laakso and Thuresson. I have it on the thread at 37 but it would make sense to see Laakso and Thuresson go to AHL even if they go on waivers.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 07:34 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post

If true, that royally screws up most predictions on the roster. Lundmark, o'Reilly, Halischuk are the big beneficiaries.

Old
09-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Geoffrion sent to Milwaukee

too bad. I was hoping he would make it.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Supposedly Ellis is being sent back to Jr's today ... Teemu Laakso and forward Andreas Thuresson (both cleared waivers earlier today), and 2008 1st-round draft pick Chet Pickard. This comes via Josh Cooper at The Tennessean. Defensemen Brett Palin, Grant Lewis, and forward Kelsey Wilson

EDIT: Adding link to Cooper information. http://twitter.com/JoshuaCooper

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 02:06 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Cooper also says that Klasen's bags and equipment are packed up too in one of his blog posts.

EDIT: Per Cooper's twitter, Halischuk been called to the coach's office. So far, speculation is Halischuk and Klasen to Milwaukee.

Old
09-28-2010, 02:22 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Trotz per Cooper again, Halischuk and Spaling to Milwaukee.

Old
09-28-2010, 02:47 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Supposedly Ellis is being sent back to Jr's today ... Teemu Laakso and forward Andreas Thuresson (both cleared waivers earlier today), and 2008 1st-round draft pick Chet Pickard. This comes via Josh Cooper at The Tennessean. Defensemen Brett Palin, Grant Lewis, and forward Kelsey Wilson

EDIT: Adding link to Cooper information. http://twitter.com/JoshuaCooper
That sucks for Ellis. I was hoping he would get 9 games here. I guess we just have too much depth.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 03:12 PM
sighthndlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
That sucks for Ellis. I was hoping he would get 9 games here. I guess we just have too much depth.
I kinda hoped he get a few, too. But I think the need to change around pairs with Hamhuis gone and working Parent into the mix is more important. I'd hate to see us not get the defense gelling until November because we wanted to give Ellis a cup of coffee before he heads back to Ontario.

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 03:14 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Best quote I have seen on Josh Cooper.

http://admiralsroundtable.com/2010/0...einforcements/

"Josh Cooper is the man.

He’s the man for many reasons.

First and foremost, he’s the man, because he’s not John Glennon. Who is NOT the man."

Old
09-28-2010, 03:39 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

So far... (Ignore the depth chart)

Old
09-28-2010, 04:16 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

it would have been interesting to see Ellis get a shot, but I think it would have been a foolhardy risk. He looked...alright...in his preseason action. If he had come up and turned our power play around instantly, and really pushed the issue--maybe--but a "pretty good" training camp doesn't justify regular season points being put on the line that way.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 05:16 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
So far... (Ignore the depth chart)
to summarize

16 forwards remain, 8 defensemen and 3 goalies, right?

still cant believe Poile hasnt moved ANYONE.

gonna be at least a couple of one way deals in Milwaukee at this rate

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 05:27 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
to summarize

16 forwards remain, 8 defensemen and 3 goalies, right?

still cant believe Poile hasnt moved ANYONE.

gonna be at least a couple of one way deals in Milwaukee at this rate
True, here's some points.

1) The guys on one ways are getting more advertising time for a possible trade.

2) As I pointed out before the talent level of the NHL has never been higher so a lot of players just two years ago.

3) As for the one way situation, I think with the cap situations of a lot of teams, Nashville won't be the only ones.

One goalie, one defenseman, and two forwards minimum need to go. I'm starting to think trade wise that not much will happen till the trade deadline.

Old
09-28-2010, 06:21 PM
predfan24

Zero chance O'Reily makes the team. Hmmmmm? Trade or Waived coming soon for him?

I see Lundmark going down. I'm not sure what he has done to make it this far anyway?

I see Anderrson starting with the big club. Whether he'll actually be in the lineup or not I'm not sure. You don't pluck a 30 year old guy from Sweden and give him a one way contract for one year unless your going to give him a chance.

7th D-man battle is interesting. I see Sulzer as the odd man out. Correct me if I'm wrong but at this point sending any of our D-men down will expose them to waivers correct? Even Johnson I think? I think Poile would probably be more comfortable losing Sulzer than Johnson.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 07:19 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by sighthndlady View Post
I kinda hoped he get a few, too. But I think the need to change around pairs with Hamhuis gone and working Parent into the mix is more important. I'd hate to see us not get the defense gelling until November because we wanted to give Ellis a cup of coffee before he heads back to Ontario.
I agree.

I think it's great that Trotz is wanting to hit the ground running and giving the established lines a chance to gel. It shows purpose, I think.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 07:53 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post

I see Anderrson starting with the big club. Whether he'll actually be in the lineup or not I'm not sure. You don't pluck a 30 year old guy from Sweden and give him a one way contract for one year unless your going to give him a chance.
I agree. In the scrimmages on Leggy"s line I thought he stood out. Good speed and puck control with strong playmaking ability. Maybe he'll get an opportunity against the big boys tomorrow night in Atlanta.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post
Isn't he on a one-way contract? I thought the contract value alone would make him waiver-eligible...
Waiver status is based purely off of age and experience. It is unrelated to whether the contract is 1-way or not.

However, I can't for the life of me figure out why Andersson does not have to be exposed to waivers. Might have something to do with his previous contract expiring before the new CBA was written?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 09:44 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCpredator View Post
I agree. In the scrimmages on Leggy"s line I thought he stood out. Good speed and puck control with strong playmaking ability. Maybe he'll get an opportunity against the big boys tomorrow night in Atlanta.
I liked Anderssen on Leggy's line in camp, too. I think they complimented well - was hoping to seem them one of the games this past weekend. Maybe tomorrow..... hopefully so, cause I don't think we're gonna' see Leggy's best O with Ward on his line - that's a line geared to D and it'll chip in, but even with SK feeding him, on that line he's only good for 12-15, and we need him to get back closer to the 9/10/11 days, where they're all threats and have some speed and skills.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 01:01 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Waiver status is based purely off of age and experience. It is unrelated to whether the contract is 1-way or not.

However, I can't for the life of me figure out why Andersson does not have to be exposed to waivers. Might have something to do with his previous contract expiring before the new CBA was written?
Dirk and I were discussing that last night and he's sent a request to the NHL Media offices for clarification/verification on that...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote