HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Kabanov back to moncton

Old
09-27-2010, 08:50 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Kabanov back to moncton

http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2...cton/#comments

Quote:
They taught him a few lessons after two late appearances in his first ten days as a pro, then keep him out of the lineup for all five of their preseason games.
Hopefully he gets his crap together over there and put up some big numbers..

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 09:00 AM
Melanson

vCash: 500
Good. The kid needs to learn how to be a pro.

Melanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Strummergas

This was bound to happen regardless of Kabanov's antics but, his actions just caused it to happen sooner than expected.

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 09:22 AM
KyleBailey12

Yeah definitely not surprised here.

KyleBailey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 09:55 AM
redbull
Expect more

I wasn't impressed with his play either. I didn't see any high-end talent that had him so highly touted at one point - even for a scrimmage where a guy like him should shine.

Let's hope he has a really strong year at Moncton. I hope he scores a boat-load of points and helps the team win. If all the press he gets is for his on-ice performance I'll be happy.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 10:00 AM
scott99

I know it's a longshot, but I hope the Russians let him play for their team at the WJHC's also.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
I know it's a longshot, but I hope the Russians let him play for their team at the WJHC's also.
It is doubtful but say by some chance he does get his act together and has a good year in moncton they probably would take him back..

Old
09-27-2010, 01:19 PM
crosby is the sauce

for those of you who went to exhibition games, training camps, etc. how did he look in person?

crosby is the sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 03:48 PM
periferal

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
I wasn't impressed with his play either. I didn't see any high-end talent that had him so highly touted at one point - even for a scrimmage where a guy like him should shine.

Let's hope he has a really strong year at Moncton. I hope he scores a boat-load of points and helps the team win. If all the press he gets is for his on-ice performance I'll be happy.

Well when you're not giving maximum effort, not a professional, and you have little/no heart...Hard to expect to much from his play.

I'm still waiting to see if Moncton takes him back and if they do, how much he plays. Every team he goes to develops a VERY short rope with him.

periferal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 04:54 PM
Real_Estate-Agent

Quote:
From: http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2...cton/#comments

The Islanders do the right thing. They taught him a few lessons after two late appearances in his first ten days as a pro, then keep him out of the lineup for all five of their preseason games.
What preseason games?

I have checked everywhere - I can not find any record of the Islanders playing another NHL team...

It is very difficult making an informed decision to draft NYI players in hockey pools.......

Real_Estate-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 05:48 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
What preseason games?

I have checked everywhere - I can not find any record of the Islanders playing another NHL team...

It is very difficult making an informed decision to draft NYI players in hockey pools.......
We're revolutionary, you'll remember. Pretty soon all the teams will eliminate opposing teams. If thirty teams are coming home from a club.....which one is home alone playing with them....we're not losers! REALLY!

Sorry, it's just bad planning. The China trip was and is still a bad idea when you need to concentrate on progress. Now look where it got us.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 06:24 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
What preseason games?

Isles had planned to have training camp in China.

I think on Weds. they start playing preseason games.A split squad,with one team playing Calgary and the other NJ.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 06:43 PM
BaileyToOkposo

i kno its off topic but its a russian player. BUT, what happened with Petrov? Did he even get a fair shot of making the team this year? i dont kno the whole situation and was really hopin he was gna make this team this year

BaileyToOkposo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 07:47 PM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyToOkposo View Post
i kno its off topic but its a russian player. BUT, what happened with Petrov? Did he even get a fair shot of making the team this year? i dont kno the whole situation and was really hopin he was gna make this team this year
There is a petrov thread floating somewhere around here I believe the latest update is that its what its always been they're still trying to get out of his khl contract his season has started over there and hes playing for the AK Bars..

I thought I read maybe on IPB that Moncton's coach was quoted saying that he would definitely take Kabanov back.

Old
09-28-2010, 12:23 AM
Real_Estate-Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post

Sorry, it's just bad planning. The China trip was and is still a bad idea when you need to concentrate on progress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post

Isles had planned to have training camp in China.
I haven't done hallucinogenic drugs in more than 20 years.... Are you seriously telling me that the team planned to play games in China.......

Taveres / Schremp / Cormeau were all on my watch list - potential steals in the draft - expecting big jumps in production from them... And they are supposed to fly to China to impress a non hockey country...

Nothing against the Islanders fans with the following comment - what kind of drugs are management doing?

Real_Estate-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 02:23 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
I haven't done hallucinogenic drugs in more than 20 years.... Are you seriously telling me that the team planned to play games in China.......

Taveres / Schremp / Cormeau were all on my watch list - potential steals in the draft - expecting big jumps in production from them... And they are supposed to fly to China to impress a non hockey country...

Nothing against the Islanders fans with the following comment - what kind of drugs are management doing?
When training, one must think long and hard where the optimum place to go to would be. One reminisces in the folly of Rocky IV locales with crisp pristine air one may see in Siberia, or the altitudinal advantages one gets in the Rockies. Genius. Oxygen managed performance with clean respiratory environmental edge.

Our benevolent owner had that in mind I guess. They did, after all, have the Olympics there. Can anyone spare $200M? I need to save a team.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 07:52 PM
bomberslocks

I'm going to the Saint John vs. Moncton game on the 8th and I was hopping he'd be playing.

bomberslocks is offline   Reply With Quote