HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Milwaukee Admirals and Cincinnati Cyclones Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreedFeed View Post
Online they just blurred together due to crappy AHL live. In person I did not mind the gray sweaters, with the exception that it was always harder to read the name plates and numbers if you sat further away from the ice. Hopefully the black ones look better in person but I still think these look blah... they look like a practice jersey with a blue line on them.
Yes, it was always very hard to read names and numbers on those jerseys watching online! I'm glad I'm not the only one to say that!

For that purpose alone I'm appreciative of the change...now the Wolf*Pack supposed forthcoming name/colors/history change I have a great deal of hostility towards...

Old
08-10-2010, 11:25 AM
goalscorer

Love the new road jerseys. Now, if the Preds will convert to the new white jerseys rumored for months now I'll be set.

Old
08-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
The 2010 Kelly Cup Champion Cincinnati Cyclones announced today that they have renewed their minor league affiliation agreement with the Nashville Predators (NHL) and Milwaukee Admirals (AHL) for the 2010-11 season. These teams will join the Florida Panthers (NHL) and Rochester Americans (AHL) as Cyclones affiliates.
Quote:
The Cyclones and Montreal Canadiens have mutually agreed that it was best not to continue their affiliation.
http://cycloneshockey.com/team-news/...tion-agreement

Old
08-10-2010, 01:31 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Not that it means much but Rochester is one of the AHL teams that Milwaukee doesn't play at all. (Much to my dismay since my daughter lives up there.)

Old
08-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Not that it means much but Rochester is one of the AHL teams that Milwaukee doesn't play at all. (Much to my dismay since my daughter lives up there.)
The AHL is primarily a bus league, so a lot of the times some of the East Coast teams won't visit a Western team for a couple seasons just due to scheduling and budget considerations. Obviously, it isn't ideal, but it's just business...

Personally, I'm hoping to see Charlotte on the Milwaukee schedule around the holidays. Maybe I'll come back out here to visit my mother and take in a game or two...

Edit: Just checked. No dice. Milwaukee and Charlotte don't play each other this season...

Old
08-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

"The 2010 Kelly Cup Champion Cincinnati Cyclones, proud ECHL affiliate of the Florida Panthers and Nashville Predators, announced today that they have named 39-year-old Jarrod Skalde as the sixth Head Coach in franchise history..."

http://www.cycloneshockey.com/team-n...lde-head-coach

Comes from the bench of the IHL's Bloomington Prairie Thunder.

Fun fact: has played for 28 different teams in the 20 years as a player since his debut in 1987 in the OHL. Includes time (limited) with eight NHL teams.

Edit: I mention the "IHL" is were he came from. I should add that the IHL and Central Hockey League merged this summer so now it's just the CHL.

Last edited by Preds Partisan: 08-12-2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Because I forgot to add something
Old
08-12-2010, 01:59 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

It'll be interesting to see what he can do with some real talent to work with.

Old
08-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Seth Lake

Milwaukee broadcaster Aaron Sims writes a good piece detailing the changes for the Admirals this season and why fans should be excited despite the large roster turnover that has taken place...

Quote:
With Mike Santorelli’s departure, the Admirals will not have the top three scorers from last year’s team. Santorelli, Robert Dietrich (Germany) and Hugh Jessiman (Chicago Blackhawks) accounted for 144 points in a combined 214 games.
In terms of number of games played for the team, eleven of the top-20 will definitely not be with the Admirals in 2010-2011. Some of the remaining nine could find themselves in Nashville, including Jon Blum, Teemu Laakso, Nick Spaling, Mark Dekanich and Colin Wilson. Barring injury or a complete meltdown, Wilson won’t be in Milwaukee.

There seems to be a sense of panic on message boards about this situation. I get that to a degree. People are thinking about the unknown. “Who’ll be here? Will he be as nice as the last guy?” I have some of those same feelings.

However, some of the comments left on the boards seem to count the team out before it’s even in town. I don’t get that. Yes, the Admirals are losing a lot of players. But they’re players from a team that finished in fourth place.

And before some start to blame the coach, let it be known that I’ve spoken with a lot of people over the last couple seasons about how our organization, specifically the coaches are viewed. Unanimously (yes, unanimously, in a poll of more than 50 people that I trust to tell me the truth, off the record, from outside the organization and around ten inside the organization), they tell me that Lane Lambert is one of the best coaches working today. I even had some people tell me last year that the team the Admirals had on the ice would not have been a playoff team if it weren’t for the coaching of Lambert and Ian Herbers. There’s some inside info for you.
http://www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/hom...n/2010/01/0812

I agree 100% with Mr. Sims. Poile has stacked the organization deep in both Nashville and Milwaukee and we will likely actually see more players assigned to Cincinnati this year than ever before. There is no reason to get down about the prospects for the Ads this season...personally, I think if Lambert can get them working together early in the year...the team might just compete for another Calder Cup this year!

Old
08-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

New Cyclones Coach Fun Fact Addendum: I just heard a radio interview with new coach Jarrod Skalde and his son's name is.....Skate....that's Skate Skalde. And the kicker is the name Skate was actually his wife's idea.

Please hockey gods, with a name like that you have to make sure this kid makes it big as a hockey player.

Old
08-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
New Cyclones Coach Fun Fact Addendum: I just heard a radio interview with new coach Jarrod Skalde and his son's name is.....Skate....that's Skate Skalde. And the kicker is the name Skate was actually his wife's idea.

Please hockey gods, with a name like that you have to make sure this kid makes it big as a hockey player.
When I was reading Jeremy's blog over on Cellblock 303 this afternoon, I was reading the list of teams Skalde played for and realized I saw him play with 5 different clubs while I lived in Hartford...

Anaheim Mighty Ducks, Saint John Flames, Kentucky Thoroughblades, Philadelphia Phantoms, and the Utah Grizzlies...

He also played for Peter Horachek during his last season in Orlando (IHL) when they won the final Turner Cup too...

Old
08-13-2010, 08:43 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post

He also played for Peter Horachek during his last season in Orlando (IHL) when they won the final Turner Cup too...
Chuck Weber was also on Horachek's staff in Orlando. When Weber got the Rochester job last month, he reached out to Skalde and recommended him for the Cyclones coaching postion.

Santos/Horachek/Weber/Skalde are all pretty closely associated with each other. It's kind of interesting to see the various "family trees" within the hockey community.

Old
08-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Seth Lake

Ben Guite moves from Nashville/Milwaukee to Columbus/Syracuse on a one-year deal...

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news...id=DL|CBJ|home

Old
08-18-2010, 02:28 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Ben Eaves came out of retirement to play for Jokerit Helsinki.

Old
09-23-2010, 01:32 PM
lightning_legwand*

Does anyone know what the starting lineup for the admirals is this season??

Old
09-25-2010, 08:57 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
We should find out in about a week.

Old
09-28-2010, 03:51 PM
Badger36

http://www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/hom...geoffrion.html
Quote:
Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has assigned forward Blake Geoffrion to Milwaukee.
This is great news for the Ads. Geoffrion is a very good player who should score them a few goals.

Old
09-28-2010, 09:53 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
Blake Geoffrion and 11 other players were sent to Milwaukee by Nashville. The Admirals website has the names. Jeremy Smith is the one goalie assigned so far.

Old
09-28-2010, 11:57 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
Blake Geoffrion and 11 other players were sent to Milwaukee by Nashville. The Admirals website has the names. Jeremy Smith is the one goalie assigned so far.
Chet Pickard was sent back today with even more guys...

Old
09-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Badger36

http://www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/hom...928roster.html
Quote:
Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has assigned forwards Matt Halischuk, Linus Klasen, Nick Spaling, Andreas Thuresson and Kelsey Wilson; defensemen Teemu Laakso, Grant Lewis and Brett Palin; and goaltender Chet Pickard to the Milwaukee Admirals.

Old
09-30-2010, 04:37 PM
Badger36

http://www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/hom...9/0930dex.html
Quote:
Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has assigned goalie Mark Dekanich to the Milwaukee Admirals of the American Hockey League.

Dekanich has spent both of his professional seasons with the Admirals, ranking fifth among AHL netminders in goals-against average (2.33), tied for fifth in shutouts (4) and tied for eighth in wins (27) during the 2009-10 campaign, his first as the primary starter. As a rookie in 2008-09, the North Vancouver, B.C., native set an Admirals franchise record and was second in the AHL with a 2.09 GAA. He was also fifth in the league in save percentage (.923) and allowed two goals or fewer in 24 of his 30 games played in 2008-09.

Old
09-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucky View Post
Good luck to your Badgers & Admirals (hope they win the Calder)

Old
09-30-2010, 05:06 PM
Seth Lake

Klasen has been cleared for drills, but not contact. He participated in the drill portion of today's practice in Milwaukee...

Old
09-30-2010, 07:21 PM
Badger36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Good luck to your Badgers & Admirals (hope they win the Calder)
Thanks. The Badger men arent going to do much this year, but the women should be contenders for another NCAA championship and everyone is saying the Ads should be really good this year, so we'll see.
Now if only the NHL would pull its head out of its you know what and put an NHL franchise here. Wisconsin has a good a hockey culture as just about anywhere and I honestly consider it to be somewhat of an insult that we dont have an NHL team.

Old
10-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Badger36

http://www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/hom...0/1001rck.html
Quote:
The Admirals opened up pre-season play with a 3-2 shoot-out win over the Rockford IceHogs on Friday night at the Metro Centre. Conner Shields and Wes Cunningham scored in regulation for the Ads, while Chris Mueller and Mark Van Guilder Lit the lamp in the shootout.

All four goals were scored in the second period, with Milwaukee bookending the scoring.

Old
10-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Badger36

http://www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/hom...0/1001chi.html
Quote:
The Admirals finished up pre-season play with a 3-1 win over the Chicago Wolves on Saturday night at the Kern Center on the campus of the Milwaukee School of Engineering.

Closed Thread