HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings and some team, 8-3 Final.

Old
09-29-2010, 01:33 AM
ShattStar03

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOB Bluth View Post
Maybe I'm missing something but I just don't see how Lewis could take a spot after what these kids have shown this preseason. I would love to see Loktionov, Clune, Schenn and Clifford all make the team but I know that's basically impossible at this point. I like Parse but I'm not sure I like him on the second line more than Loktionov.
Same here, I'm also not sure why we have to keep Parse in L.A? Can't the Kings send him to Manchester and keep Lokti and Schenn here in LA? Perhaps, it's just wishful thinking.

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 01:34 AM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM;
Disagree big time. Muzzin didn't make bad plays. He steady and composed. He covers his own mistakes whereas Drewiskes mistakes led directly to scoring chances. I'm not saying Muzzin > Drewiske, but I definitely say that from what I've seen in this game and in practices, Muzzin > Hickey.
I'm a huge Hicky fan and I will say that he chose a bad game to have an AVERAGE performance. With that said, knowing what I have seen of hickey in the past he is better and more what this team needs then what I saw from Muzzin tonight. and trust me when I say that is in no way me saying I thought muzzin was terrible.

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 01:35 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShattStar03 View Post
Muzzin looked pretty good out there, but I thought Hickey had the better game tonight. Both guys made mistakes (not as bad as Drewiske) but Hickey definitely looked more sharper than Muzzin.

Hickey > Muzzin
Muzzin was calm waters. Hickey was a rolling tide. Hickey made the better plays, but he also made much worse mistakes. I liked Muzzin's composure better and for the bottom pairing, I prefer a guy who is steady and consistent than one who is as bipolar as Hickey looked tonight.

I see all the upside in Hickey's game, but he seems to need more seasoning than Muzzin does at this point in time.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 01:36 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Hickey wasn't very noticeable to me but that could be because Muzzin played more as he was paired with Jack.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 01:37 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShattStar03 View Post
Same here, I'm also not sure why we have to keep Parse in L.A? Can't the Kings send him to Manchester and keep Lokti and Schenn here in LA? Perhaps, it's just wishful thinking.
Parse better play DAMN well to keep the spot he was given that he never earned.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 01:41 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

When is Parse even gonna be able to play?

Old
09-29-2010, 01:43 AM
riseandfall9

I am very surprised that nobody is talking about how different of a player JJ was tonight and last game? It seems that he has more rope to be creative and is working well with Stevens. Maybe it was just what we needed to get Hardy out of their.

GOOD NIGHT!

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 01:44 AM
ShattStar03

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Muzzin was calm waters. Hickey was a rolling tide. Hickey made the better plays, but he also made much worse mistakes. I liked Muzzin's composure better and for the bottom pairing, I prefer a guy who is steady and consistent than one who is as bipolar as Hickey looked tonight.

I see all the upside in Hickey's game, but he seems to need more seasoning than Muzzin does at this point in time.
You must being seeing a different Hickey than I am, he looked composed today other then a couple of mistakes he made tonight.

You're right though, Muzzin did look a tad bit more composed, I'll give you that. However, after watching these preseason games and seeing all the camp reports, it seems that the consensus is that Hickey is more composed and more apt for making plays. He's looked good throughout the previous preseason games, he didn't look great tonight but he sure as hell didn't do horrible.

That being said, I would give the nod to Hickey over Muzzin (but not by much).

Old
09-29-2010, 01:47 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
I am very surprised that nobody is talking about how different of a player JJ was tonight and last game? It seems that he has more rope to be creative and is working well with Stevens. Maybe it was just what we needed to get Hardy out of their.

GOOD NIGHT!
I mentioned in the GDT that he was definitely the best D-men tonight. The question is can he do it on a nightly basis.

Old
09-29-2010, 01:51 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

So we'll find out in the morning who gets cut?

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 01:51 AM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
You need to play 60 minutes of hockey. Schenn didn't phone it in on his fight with Sbisa did he? Quick needs to be held accountable especially when Bernier is nipping at his heels.
Ya you guys! Don't you know Quick should stop every shot directed his way? Even one's that are deflected right in front of him???

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 01:52 AM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
I mentioned in the GDT that he was definitely the best D-men tonight. The question is can he do it on a nightly basis.
I have a feeling that JJ is going to have his breakout season this year. I cant wait.

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 01:55 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Video of the Schenn beatdown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztTrPfRWLlQ

Old
09-29-2010, 02:02 AM
ShattStar03

Wonder what would be the probability of TM keeping both Schenn and Lokti?

Old
09-29-2010, 02:13 AM
riznat

Quote:

GOOD NIGHT!
I'm not trying to be a dick I swear, I just can't let you use 'their' instead of 'there' twice in one thread and not say something.

I didn't get to see the game and I only got to hear the last 5 minutes on radio, which included Quick letting in 2 goals in a 40 second span. I loved Quick last year but he has been in a slump for quite a few games in a row now. I'm not worried (for the Kings) because I feel Bernier will be the Kings starter sooner rather then later but I worry about Quick because it seems as though he is on a downward slide rather than getting better. Its way to early to tell with him obviously, its just hard to watch a guy do the splits and react like a cat one minute and the next let in some random slap shot (usually destroying any momentum or confidence, cough last years playoffs). For his own future, I hope he can become more consistent because he could have a really great future, if not here then with one of the other 29 teams.

riznat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 02:31 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
I don't think so. I don't think Schenn has the same mental makeup as Jonathan Bernier to be honest with you.

I just really dont want to rush Schenn... as simple as I can put it. Unless we can find a spot for Schenn on the top 2 lines this year I dont think he should be their.
It isn't a matter of his mental makeup, but the level of competition is below where Schenn should be playing and he will be bored and will not be learning anything new burning a year of his development in juniors.

He needs to be brought up now to get an understanding of what it takes to play in the NHL. He'll learn a lot even if he does get fourth line ice time, simply by being around veterans like Smyth, Stoll and Brown.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 02:54 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Frozen Royalty Audio: LA Kings Win Pre-Season Laugher Over Anaheim

Frozen Royalty Audio: LA Kings Win Pre-Season Laugher Over Anaheim

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 04:53 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
That's true and it really just comes down to what they think he needs to work on the most and can that be done by potentially only getting marginal minutes in the NHL? They've seen a hell of a lot more of him than I so I'm sure they've already thought it all out. It's really too bad he can't go to the AHL.

I think the biggest things Schenn, from my limited viewings, needs to work on is his skating first and foremost and his strength. Given that he dominated the WHL last year, it'd be tough to imagine he'd improve on those two things drastically there without some serious self dedication and cooperation by his Junior team, which isn't likely. The only benefits in my mind of him going back to Juniors are potentially the WHL/CHL playoffs and WJC.
Exactly. and since you believe that Schenn first and foremost needs to work on his skating and strength -- things you work on in practice -- why not let him practice those skills with the big club?

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 05:03 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:

GOOD NIGHT!
Who is Stevens?

Old
09-29-2010, 07:28 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
Who is Stevens?
Kings assistant coach who works with the defensemen and penalty kill.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 07:50 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Kings assistant coach who works with the defensemen and penalty kill.
Oh thanks. Did he replace Hardy?

Old
09-29-2010, 08:01 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
Oh thanks. Did he replace Hardy?
yupp

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Mr Irreverent
Misunderstood

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Ya you guys! Don't you know Quick should stop every shot directed his way? Even one's that are deflected right in front of him???

He should have had the short side covered. At that angle it was impossible for the deflection to go to other side of the net, meaning he overplayed it. Keep defending Quick and I will keep bashing him. He's just not that good.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 09:07 AM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat View Post
I'm not trying to be a dick I swear, I just can't let you use 'their' instead of 'there' twice in one thread and not say something.
Why do you care?

If it bothers you so much, go volunteer to teach English as a second language with your free time.

http://www.volunteerlosangeles.com/

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 09:53 AM
Johnny Utah

I was at the game sitting in the 100 section. Heidi Androl walked by, man what a hottie.

Back to the game, this is probably the most excited I've been about a Kings team in years. The team seemed to have a bit of that "swagger" that Lombardi talked about, there were top players at every level on the Kings. The guys had attitude and it showed.

Clifford was my favorite player tonight, after a whistle Perry stood in front of Quick and Clifford just shoved him away. When was the last time a Kings player did that.

Drewiske didn't look great at first and then didn't stand out at all...

My brother kept commenting on how much he liked Muzzin, I thought Hickey looked better. At one point Sutton charged in and Hickey ducked his check and came out with the puck.

Schenn is a stud, he worked Sbisa.

Justin Williams looked the best he has.

Loktionov was really solid and confident and didn't look out of place with the top Kings players on the power play.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote