I'm sure they may role Ruutu there if he's ready, but if not I think Cole is a strong bet to take the cake there. Atleast to start. If he goes 15 games with 0-2 goals and his production isn't on par i'm sure things will likely change. Who knows, he may produce. Jussi can pass and play the 'Stillman role' of 2005-2006, Staal will be Staal (hopefully showing up in October and not waiting until January/February).
Did you happen to read the comments section of that article? This one dude is just going ballistic about how terrible Cam Ward is, and the Hurricanes by association. It's pretty hilarious, especially because his closing argument is "Tripp Tracy wears women's underwear".
The level of intelligence on the PD comments make this board look like the hall of fame. Even the Canes fans on there were claiming the team has never come in last in the conference.
- JR says O'Sullivan will have to earn his spot in camp, which I think will happen. I just hope we give him an opportunity off the get-go here (scoring line with PP time) and use him correctly, as some are mentioning here.
- I'd really like to pair Boychuk & Sutter together. Both know eachother well and I think their respective games would compliment one-another. I think there is a good chance we'd see Boychuk break out if paired with Sutter.
- We've all heard how well Samsonov & Cole have looked thus far. Two veterans at a cross-roads in their respective careers in contract years - make it or break it. If these two can stay healthy and bring their A-game, they could be studs on the 3rd line.
- The ever-so-popular 3rd line center spot in my opinion will go to one of Dalpe or Skinner. We'll see how training camp and the pre-season plays out, that will tell the tale. With Skinner it seems JR has his locker all ready for him. I have no doubts Skinner gets games within his 9 game limit. If he impresses, he's here for the long haul, if not, it's Kitchener bound and we'll see him next year. Dalpe stands a great chance at making this team, again, same boat as Skinner - training camp and pre-season will tell the story here.
- As of right now i'd say Kostopoulos & LaRose are staples on the 4th line to start. Who will the 4th line center be? In my mind it's either Dwyer or Dodge with Dwyer having the edge based on his time here in Carolina. I really hope Dodge gets some serious consideration this go around. With that said, I hope he earns it and forces the organizations hand.
- Tlusty is on a one-way and looks to be here. What he does in training camp and pre-season will determine whether he's in the starting line-up or in the press box. He'll have to outplay some guys to get a spot in my opinion.
Somewhere in Canes site i read in the end of the last season there's big chance to see line Tlusty- Sutter- Cole. Would love to see that. I like the idea to see Boychuk with Staal but it's too early maybe. So, give me O' Sullivan- Staal- Jokinen. Do not want, i repeat, do not want Ruutu or Cole with Staal. But we know our team, so lines would like Samsonov- Staal- Larose, Jokinen- Sutter- Cole, Tlusty- Dwyer- Ruutu, Boychuk- Matsumoto- O' Sullivan.