HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

If Zach Boychuk doesn't make the team...

Old
09-29-2010, 05:19 PM
ChuckW
We'll be back.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane_SVT View Post
Chuck, Cole is not a physical presence any more... This isn't 5 years ago...
He was a physical presence last year, when healthy. Evidence? He drew a ton of penalties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
Chuck it doesn't matter how good he does this season. It won't be good enough for some, or it'll be with some excuse why it happened. I'm with you. I think he has another kick left in the can.
Yeah. I'm not really sure why all the Cole-hate exists on this board. I know it doesn't exist in the general fanbase, or with teammates, or coaches, or front-office staff, or the community. But here, man is Cole hated.

ChuckW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 05:59 PM
QuitStaaling

Send a message via AIM to QuitStaaling
Quote:
Any talk of trading boychuk at this point is not only premature, its flat out nauseating. Just because for the first time in 15 years we have prospects doesn't mean we can start trading them off.3 years ago we had no prospects. We just gave up last years pick for tlusty, who is gone on waivers if he doesn't make it. Even if he "only" becomes a third liner he is still a home grown player who'd cost a lot more to bring as a trade or Ufa. Top teams are typically built around depth through good drafting. Detroit, Jersey, and they don't rush prospects either. Boychuk is still a bit rushed.
Boychuk is in danger of becoming a career AHLer. He needs to find his heart and not let the other kids out stud him. BIG disappointment so far this season.

QuitStaaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 07:09 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
He was a physical presence last year, when healthy. Evidence? He drew a ton of penalties.
Drawing penalties has NOTHING to do with physical presence...

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 07:11 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Chuck it doesn't matter how good he does this season. It won't be good enough for some, or it'll be with some excuse why it happened. I'm with you. I think he has another kick left in the can.
Any for some it won't matter how bad he plays from night to night... They will grasp on to the one good game every 15 and the immeasurables that they can't be argued since it's subjective...

Listen, I hope like hell he's good this year, and in fact, I will probably be happier with less than most of the rest of you... if Cole goes 18-22-40, I will be ECSTATIC with his year... So what you are saying actually holds ZERO water to my opinion

Old
09-29-2010, 07:13 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
Yeah. I'm not really sure why all the Cole-hate exists on this board. I know it doesn't exist in the general fanbase, or with teammates, or coaches, or front-office staff, or the community. But here, man is Cole hated.
First of all, at the risk of sounding redundant (since apparently the message didn't get through the first time), it's not Cole-hate for most people. It's disappointment in combination with cynicism. Disappointment that Cole's taken a step down from his play in the past, and distrust in his current abilities to reach that level of play again. You can call that hate if you like, but the first part is fact and the second part is opinion backed with the evidence of the last 3 years of play.

Second of all, this "Cole-hate" doesn't only exist on this board. It's a general topic of interest on many Canes-related boards, as well as a topic of discussion during the game by those in attendance. And it's generally the same message that's being said: Hope that he performs well, but understanding that age and injuries have made him less likely to do so.

Quote:
Drawing penalties has NOTHING to do with physical presence...
Not even close to true. Being a physical presence not only means that he'll likely draw more retaliation penalties than someone who doesn't have that side of the game, but it also tends to draw more holding call, as the bigger frame makes it more difficult to cover without some extra assistance. On the flip side, however, Cole's physical presence has also gotten him caught for his fair share of penalties as well.

Blueline Bomber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

How is a guy on the 'dive list' a physical presence... He dives more than most players, a lot more

Old
09-29-2010, 07:28 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Any for some it won't matter how bad he plays from night to night... They will grasp on to the one good game every 15 and the immeasurables that they can't be argued since it's subjective...

Listen, I hope like hell he's good this year, and in fact, I will probably be happier with less than most of the rest of you... if Cole goes 18-22-40, I will be ECSTATIC with his year... So what you are saying actually holds ZERO water to my opinion
My bad, I'm talking to you in the other thread. I came back in here to talk about boychuk. Hope he gets his confidence back soon, he's gonna be an early call up.

bleedgreen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

This is a big moment for Boychuk... Will he sulk or will be motivated?

Old
09-29-2010, 07:37 PM
bleedgreen

He can't sulk. He has to know he got flat out outplayed. He can't think he looked good or faster than anyone out there. Watch a tape kid, it spoke for itself. I'm still on board with him, but his confidence isn't where it needs to be. He needs to light up the ahl a bit. I'm not even close to giving up on him. He's progressing like a normal prospect would. Everyone expects too much too soon these last few years.

bleedgreen is online now   Reply With Quote