leave at once!

vCash: 500
yeah but it hasn't looked updated

Old
09-29-2010, 06:00 PM
SilverRiver89

vCash: 1365
Quote:
Tonight's Thrashers game is being aired on 1230 AM. The Braves game is still in progress on 680 The Fan.
http://twitter.com/BenThrashers/status/25925013031

Old
09-29-2010, 06:04 PM
Thrashers94
We fly as one

Home radio feed

http://www.1230thefan2.com/

Old
09-29-2010, 06:43 PM
GetPucksDeep

Dawes from Oduya & Ladd.

None of those players were here a year ago.

Old
09-29-2010, 06:45 PM
ATLbound

Finally we get a early goal. Sounded like a good pp, good puck movement and we kept the pressure up. Lots of hits and shots too. Now lets get a win, its only pre-season, but a win is a win!

Old
09-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Aaronxxx

really good second period

Old
09-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Thrashers94
We fly as one

<--- Thrashers fans

Old
09-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Another loss.

Old
09-29-2010, 08:34 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Well, they scored 3.

I assume they lost as BenThrashers just stopped updating the LiveBlog. What a pro.

Old
09-29-2010, 08:42 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Thrashers lost again. Here's my take.

Pros.
only 9 more days untill meaningful hockey

Cons.
4 more days of meaningless hockey

Old
09-29-2010, 08:46 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

It is amazing what a paycheck does to someones attitude towards a team.....case in point Kincaide.

We need to get some kind of positive energy going before the season starts, that big road trip to start the season could be a great opportunity to bring the team together or it could be a complete disaster that sets the tone for a very rough October.

Old
09-29-2010, 08:47 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

it is encouraging that they seem to have improved each game out. it takes a while with so many new guys and coaches, if we can go .500 the first 10 games or so we will be just fine

Old
09-29-2010, 08:51 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Ron Hainsey has been a complete disaster this preseason, not sure what they are going to be able to do with him.

I would like to see Dawes stick around, I have always had a soft spot for the kid.

Old
09-29-2010, 08:52 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
Ron Hainsey has been a complete disaster this preseason, not sure what they are going to be able to do with him.
just from listening i have gotten that impression too. hopefully he is just slacking in the preseason.

on the other hand, seems like Bogo has played very well

Old
09-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Aaronxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telfo View Post
it is encouraging that they seem to have improved each game out. it takes a while with so many new guys and coaches, if we can go .500 the first 10 games or so we will be just fine
definitely agree with you. i'm not sweating these losses. we're playing good games and the guys are working hard. they've been playing together for barely a month and they are already playing better than last season at their best games.

Old
09-29-2010, 09:09 PM
hydromel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telfo View Post
just from listening i have gotten that impression too. hopefully he is just slacking in the preseason.

on the other hand, seems like Bogo has played very well
sounds like others agree.

from jmanasso tweet:
Denis Potvin on #Thrashers D Zach Bogosian to #SI: his "body language tells me he's going beyond the 50-point [per season] level... ... Bogosian should be a dominant player this year." #SI #Thrashers

Old
09-29-2010, 09:38 PM
ATLbound

Can we get a small recap from someone who went, who looked good, who looked bad, and who did you just not notice. So we are 0-4, big deal its meaningless hockey as ASF has so kindly pointed out many times, as long as its getting guys ready for next friday, I am sure everyone steps it up a notch once season starts.

Old
09-29-2010, 09:40 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Uh, just passin thru here. I listened to the post-game show when Derwood Elliot said there were positives from tonight and wondered what the hell I was watching. I thought I was at a Pee-Wee vs. NHL game tonight.

In the words of Statler and Waldorf from the muppets: WORST GAME EVER!

Hainsey was just brutal but the whole process tonight was horrible, boring, and did I mention HORRIBLE?!?

The Defense, once looking strong, turned into a collapsed tent in the crease. There was traffic in front of Mason all night because Nashville kept getting the puck to the high middle and no one came out to challenge shot after shot after shot from that spot. All of our players were so deep as if to impress the coaches, "hey, look at us, we got back!" and NO ONE WAS playing the defensemen as they crept in unaffected and blistered shots all night. There must have been 15 shots from the "top of the umbrella" as some people call it.

Offensively, was there any??????? All night we would get the puck and instead of skating into the zone with control, we just dumped and chased. Problem was, Nashy's defense was backing off and easily gaining control of the dumps.

Didn't notice Antropov. Didn't see Burmistrov after the first period. Never saw Pettersson until late in the 3rd. The best skater on our side was Dawes. He can play.
Our passing was awful if existant at all. The guys just looked slow in judgement and there were always 2 (or 3) Preds to our 1 guy.

Meyers deserves Hainsey's spot. He was hustling all night and actually moved to the center of the ice to shoot when he scored. Bogosian fired puck after puck into defensemen's shin guards. Hainsey, did I say he sucked? Well, he sucked. Even Elliot said so in the post-game.

I didn't notice us being very physical. I saw lots of our guys get man-handled in the corners. Pevs almost got cut in half by 2 guys late in the third. Kane was crushed several times.

PK was very tentative. Too many clumps of penalties again. Eaves took a moron's penalty with 8 seconds left in the period. There was nothing going on and he tries to chest bump a guy in our crease as an afterthought. Ya, officiating did suck too. We should have had some more PP's. Lots of hooks and slashes to the gloves that weren't called.

We counted 50, yes, 50 bodies in the upper decks behind the goals. That's 8 sections...4 behind each net. The smallest crowd I've ever seen and I've been to most games. DISGUSTING! Hello owners and Mr. President Waddle....Nashville, Carolina, and Toronto are for sure giving away free tix to preseason! I know for a fact!!! Where were your reps? Why didn't you go to GA State and GA Tech campuses and hand out tix like they were Bibles??

I'm in a crappy mood, so I turn it over to the rest of you guys.....and I never want to see another unicorn, chicken, or sauce reference on this board pleeeeeeeze. EMBARRASSING!

Oh ya, Stewart can get to open spots but I think he has feet on the ends of his arms because he has no HANDS!! HE's missed so many golden opportunities so far and I doubt he will get better. Peverley had the best break away chance and just couldn't slide it 5-hole. Maybe later it will come back to him. Burmistrov blasted a nice chance that the goalie juggled in his armpit.

OK, you want to know how really bad it looked????? We miss Jimmy Slater out there. At least he goes headlong end to end and makes you watch.

Pettersson - Antropov - Modin = How do you say "ghosts" in Swedish? They weren't there.

Dawes - Little - Ladd = Best line all night.

Kane - Peverley - Stewart = Why the hell didn't he keep Stewart with Thorburn and EAves? Peverley was pretty good on faceoffs. He had a good game. Too bad Stewy couldn't pot one of the several rebounds that were wandering around his stick.

Eager - Thorburn - Burmistrov - Really? They couldn't read off each other if it was spraypainted by gang members in neon pink. Eager made a nice cut to the goal when Bogo skated in with the assist. Burmistrov was stranded out there. He was looking more like an energy guy on a 4th line when he needs to play with outside speed.....Kane and Pettersson?

The game was really, really boring and the storyline was like "Groundhog Day." Get the puck, chip it to center, if our guy got it, chip it deep, make a shift change, one guy chase around the goal, Nashville comes out, passes over the line, our guys scramble back, get 5 guys really deep, they put a centering pass out between the circles high, and shoot. Scramble for the puck again.....

Last edited by ThrasherMinion: 09-29-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old
09-29-2010, 10:41 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Aaaaaaaaannnnnnd Scene..

lol.
Pre-season bro, let's not get too carried away yet.

Old
09-29-2010, 11:42 PM
fatschoonerrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post
Where were your reps? Why didn't you go to GA State and GA Tech campuses and hand out tix like they were Bibles??
Yep, more bad marketing by the worst marketing in the history of pro sports. "A brutally good time"??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post
They couldn't read off each other if it was spraypainted by gang members in neon pink.
POTY so far.

Old
09-30-2010, 01:04 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Hainsey and Sopel were both useless.

Sopel has lead feet- his first step isn't just slow, it usually doesn't even happen. Lot's of watching the puck and hoping for blocks.

Hainsey just has no idea how to play defense... I've said it a thousand times. At one point on the PK him and Sopel switched sides on a cycle- he was standing in the correct position but failed to notice a guy skate in directly behind him two feet infront of the crease AND failed to stop the pass from getting through. It was ridiculously fundamental. If he was a regular Mike Green out there things would be better, but he also happens to be the master of the flubbed pass / sloppy turnover and the shin-seeking missile. His offense comes from circumstance, not his own volition. I'd do anything to get rid of this guy, same s*** every season, but we're stuck paying him 4.5 million for three more years. Unacceptable.

Stewart was the fastest guy out there, opened up a lot of ice, looked great.

Excellent defensive game from Peverley, had at least 3 or 4 takeaways.

Burmistrov had a rocket of a wrist shot that almost went in off a chance he made flying down the right wing, other than that didn't do much.

Bogosian looked slightly above average in his own end, but amazing in the offensive zone. Very sweet shot, always makes the right pass.

Oduya was far and away our best defenseman. The guy is just so steady and patient, but seems to always recognize the perfect opportunities to step up and push the puck deep. A lock for 20-40 points, very smooth passer as well. I could easily see him and Bogosian being our top pairing this season.

Everyone else was pretty meh.

Old
09-30-2010, 10:04 AM
Magnus Fulgur

The goals against?
Antropov should not have been on PK, and Ramsay admitted that in the presser.
2 Goals were blown coverage in the slot for Burmistrov - he played good for a kid, and is nice offensively, but he needs to see things much faster defensively in his own zone. At center ice he's good though.
First goal was Hainsey once again in the crease with his back to the play. Mason had a good long chat with Mr. Chick Flick after that. I say we Redden the guy.

Good things:
Ladd is sooooo much better than Army
Freddy Meyer IV was wickedly good with Toby. They had great chemistry!
Oduya did well, but he had three bad cross ice passes.
I thought Sopel did well trying to clean up Hainsey's messes.
Peverley was awesome
Little was 80% awesome
Kane was 75% awesome
Bogosian is going to kill somebody this year with that shot. It freakin knocked a coke of the boards in the stands when it hit the glass. Hilarious.
Mason is calm and good.

Just happy to see smart quick line changes and skating as a pack. It's like we have a coach or something.

Old
09-30-2010, 10:58 AM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post

I would like to see Dawes stick around, I have always had a soft spot for the kid.
Will Hainsey be this season's Todd White?

Old
09-30-2010, 05:03 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
Ron Hainsey has been my Andy Sutton the past two seasons, it's only proper that he gets the recognition he deserves

Old
09-30-2010, 05:06 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
i hope so, that would mean he's a healthy scratch some

Closed Thread