HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Ranger Prospect Poll - #3 (TIE BREAKER)

View Poll Results: #3 (Tie-Breaker)
Hugh Jessiman 22 46.81%
Al Montoya 25 53.19%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-29-2005, 02:02 PM
  #1
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Ranger Prospect Poll - #3 (TIE BREAKER)

Jessiman and Montoya were only separated by a total of (2) votes from (70) votes total. I think its fair to hold a 1 day tie-breaker for the 20+ people who voted for the other choices to have there voice heard for the #3 spot between Al and Hugh. Plus some might want to change there vote now after reading arguments from fellow posters.

Winner will be #3, runner-up will be #4.

P.S. Please give me another name or 2 to add to the next round. So far we have votes for Prucha and Graham.


Last edited by FLYLine24*: 04-29-2005 at 02:07 PM.
FLYLine24* is offline  
Old
04-29-2005, 05:49 PM
  #2
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Bumping it up to the top

FLYLine24* is offline  
Old
04-29-2005, 06:07 PM
  #3
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Jessiman and Montoya were only separated by a total of (2) votes from (70) votes total. I think its fair to hold a 1 day tie-breaker for the 20+ people who voted for the other choices to have there voice heard for the #3 spot between Al and Hugh. Plus some might want to change there vote now after reading arguments from fellow posters.

Winner will be #3, runner-up will be #4.

P.S. Please give me another name or 2 to add to the next round. So far we have votes for Prucha and Graham.
add Callahan

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
04-29-2005, 07:11 PM
  #4
Onion Boy
Registered User
 
Onion Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: Japan
Posts: 2,676
vCash: 500
Voted for Almo. Add Prucha.

Onion Boy is offline  
Old
04-29-2005, 07:27 PM
  #5
NYRangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,853
vCash: 500
add Graham

NYRangers is offline  
Old
04-29-2005, 09:07 PM
  #6
Capitain Midnight
Trust me, I'm a doc
 
Capitain Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United Nations
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Jessiman and Montoya were only separated by a total of (2) votes from (70) votes total. I think its fair to hold a 1 day tie-breaker for the 20+ people who voted for the other choices to have there voice heard for the #3 spot between Al and Hugh. Plus some might want to change there vote now after reading arguments from fellow posters.

Winner will be #3, runner-up will be #4.

P.S. Please give me another name or 2 to add to the next round. So far we have votes for Prucha and Graham.


I just want to see another tie....ha ha

that be why i be voting for montoya


Last edited by Capitain Midnight: 04-30-2005 at 12:59 AM.
Capitain Midnight is offline  
Old
04-29-2005, 10:01 PM
  #7
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,428
vCash: 500
I'm sorry, Jessiman hasn't made any positive strides since his draft date. He's #4 at best.

Barnaby is offline  
Old
04-29-2005, 10:02 PM
  #8
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
I'm sorry, Jessiman hasn't made any positive strides since his draft date. He's #4 at best.
Montoya made positive strides this season? The only thing Al gained this season was experience. Hes played average at best.

FLYLine24* is offline  
Old
04-29-2005, 10:24 PM
  #9
Choice
Registered User
 
Choice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: nyc
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Montoya made positive strides this season? The only thing Al gained this season was experience. Hes played average at best.

Thats valuable experience to his development. If he learns from the mistakes he made this year than the mediocre performance is fine. I would say playing in the WJC and WCHA for a year makes a player closer to nhl-ready than sitting out with an injury. We are going on level of development, not just raw ability.

Choice is offline  
Old
04-29-2005, 10:50 PM
  #10
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice
Thats valuable experience to his development. If he learns from the mistakes he made this year than the mediocre performance is fine. I would say playing in the WJC and WCHA for a year makes a player closer to nhl-ready than sitting out with an injury. We are going on level of development, not just raw ability.
I agree, it is much better then sitting out with an injury..but I still feel if Jessiman reaches his full potential..he could be a first line, top 30 forward in the NHL.

FLYLine24* is offline  
Old
04-29-2005, 11:30 PM
  #11
Choice
Registered User
 
Choice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: nyc
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
I agree, it is much better then sitting out with an injury..but I still feel if Jessiman reaches his full potential..he could be a first line, top 30 forward in the NHL.
Thats a big if. If Montoya reaches (what most agree is) his full potential he'll be a legit NHL starting goalie and Team USA starter for many years. But neither are close to their full potential. I just think Montoya is further along in his development, and proved he can hang with a level of comp that Hugh is yet to see. and thus should get the nod.


Last edited by Choice: 04-30-2005 at 12:07 AM.
Choice is offline  
Old
04-30-2005, 04:15 AM
  #12
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,428
vCash: 500
Monty has proven more in his hockey career. What has Jessiman done since his strong freshman campaign? I like the guy, but reality is that Montoya has done more, and on a bigger stage.

Barnaby is offline  
Old
04-30-2005, 09:45 AM
  #13
kremlin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 854
vCash: 500
Not a fan of either one, but if I had to pick, Jessiman for sure

kremlin is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.