HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boogaard worst player in nhl?

Old
09-30-2010, 09:15 AM
Evolved83

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShirts702 View Post
the weird hate that boogaard gets is kind of creepy. It's obvious that those who cry about him have NO CLUE about what the Rangers have lacked recently.

Plenty else to cry about...no?
This is absolutely true... people are crying over nothing. He has been doing fine, and even had a few chances to put the puck in the net (go ahead and laugh lol). But seriously, he hasn't been much of a liability and has held his own. Give the guy a break.

Why isn't anyone complaining about White?! The guy flat out sucks...

Evolved83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 09:15 AM
Fletch

Sather really blew it with Orr - a good fighter and a guy who doesn't embarass you if you play him 5 minutes per night. He went for Brashear because he thought he'd have a guy who can go out there 8-10 minutes per night instead of 4-6, and that's more valuable. As usual, he was wrong, but gets a do-over.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 09:17 AM
Garv23

Am I missing something here in regards to Boogaard's job qualifications? Was he supposed to deke and thread one of his chances last night in a top corner?

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 09:33 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Where is Larry Melnyk in all of this? I remember him and a few other "posters" ranting about Colton Orr being one of the worst players and def the worst skater in NHL that they have ever witnessed.

Just go back 3 or 4 years on this board and the Colton Orr ripping was daily here by the anti-enforcer crowd.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 09:49 AM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Where is Larry Melnyk in all of this? I remember him and a few other "posters" ranting about Colton Orr being one of the worst players and def the worst skater in NHL that they have ever witnessed.

Just go back 3 or 4 years on this board and the Colton Orr ripping was daily here by the anti-enforcer crowd.
I haven't seen him on here in a while. Him and I use to have weekly debates about Colton Orr. Anytime Orr's name was mentioned in a thread Melnyk would be in that thread within 10 mins. Like a moth to a flame he couldn't resist.

Hopefully everything is ok with him health wise. That is the thing that is strange about internet message boards. You have almost daily dialogue with people and if something happens to them in the real world you would never know about it. They just disappear.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 11:31 AM
SkerZ
LGR

I did have a good laugh with that breakaway shot

SkerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 11:35 AM
TreeSapLlama

Boogaard is not a complete liability on the ice, and one in 10 games he will land a thunderous check. He is being paid to punch people, not pick corners.

I actually think Tortorella will be a good coach for him. If we use Boogie - Boyle - Prust for our 4th line, i expect they will do okay.

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 11:41 AM
Pizza

No player that intimidates the opposition the way Boogaard does every night is the worst player when two teams step onto a hockey rink.

The Rangers have been a soft, soft team for years. Lots of small skill players with more on the way. If I were them I'd feel pretty good looking down the bench and seeing Boogaard with that calm expression on his face.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 12:13 PM
CanyonofBlueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Sather really blew it with Orr - a good fighter and a guy who doesn't embarass you if you play him 5 minutes per night. He went for Brashear because he thought he'd have a guy who can go out there 8-10 minutes per night instead of 4-6, and that's more valuable. As usual, he was wrong, but gets a do-over.
the brashear/boogard signings were all b/c sather messed up and let orr go. big big mistake

CanyonofBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 12:39 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
if carcillo runs hank, we dont need a goon to go after carter. that will result in a misconduct, a long pp against and will impact the game.

we need a teammate to stand up, be a man, and engage carcillo.

hockey is a tough sport.

girardi needed to be a man. right at that moment.
I think that ship has sailed. He is what he is.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 02:05 PM
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv23 View Post
Am I missing something here in regards to Boogaard's job qualifications? Was he supposed to deke and thread one of his chances last night in a top corner?
What? You didnt know he was suppose to be a 20 goal scorer when we signed him?!

UnderPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 02:25 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

I had much respect for Orr, especially for his his fist to the face of Fedoruk. Orr had two downfalls. 1) He was slow, he was always chasing guys around the ice. He often was there bumping guys and trying to rough someone up, after the whistle because thats the only time he could catch them. 2) He was know as a "Renney guy" and when Torts came in, he have to make some personnel changes to shake things up so out went Betts, Orr and the like. Brash was terrible, /EndStory. I wish Shelley stuck around but he was a UFA. Boogy man doesn't seem to be stuck in mud like Orr and no one seems to want to fight him. I'm looking forward to watching him punch Carcillo's face in and he's not a bad insurance policy to have.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 02:27 PM
NYROrtsFan

Just hit people hard, and punch people hard.

I don't care if he ever touches the puck. You hurt people with checks, or at least make them fear you, and you have done something good.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 02:28 PM
nyr2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
First off watch hockey before you post. He is not Messier but he has looked just fine in pre season. He also has done a fine job scaring the crap out of the Devils and the Hartford comment is foolish
you might as well stay out of this convo because all you care about in hockey is fighting. I can honestly say that Brashear was a better hockey player with 100% confidence in that statement

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 02:33 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
I think that ship has sailed. He is what he is.
perhaps but the ripples are still visible in the water, so to speak.

much of this toughness, or lack there of, thing stems from that very episode.

alot of what we did in the draft and the boogaard signing have some attachment as well.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 02:38 PM
nyr2417

When I say an average NJ Public high school hockey player is better than derek boogaard I sincerely mean it. I know his role is to fight people but you have got to be able to play at least a lick of hockey. All I've seen so far is him turning over the puck, not being able to receive a pass most of the time, and if he ever does wind up with the puck on his stick it is flat out embarrassing. We could've given up pennies to acquire dj king at league min. (a very comparable fighter) instead we gave up 1.6 mill in cap space.... for 4 years!

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apulsch View Post
like our beloved avery?

or prust can fill that role
The more, the better.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 02:41 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

He's the worst player in terms of offensive. I'm happy he's here as long as he's here to "play hockey"...

As in kick the **** out of opposing players. That's his role as a hockey player so I have no problem if he only averages .001 points a game.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 02:46 PM
TreeSapLlama

Assuming they are on a line together all I want to see from Boogie - Boyle - Prust is them to get it past center, dump it in, and have Prust and Boogaard forecheck. Just hit everything and everyone that touches the puck (on the other team). They will create at least a bit of pressure, and most importantly, wear down the other team.

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 02:49 PM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianJagr View Post
Assuming they are on a line together all I want to see from Boogie - Boyle - Prust is them to get it past center, dump it in, and have Prust and Boogaard forecheck. Just hit everything and everyone that touches the puck (on the other team). They will create at least a bit of pressure, and most importantly, wear down the other team.
And this is all it should be.

Just wear them down and have them fearing the big hit.

If they get plastered a couple times, they are going to be gun shy even when we have guys like Gaborik on the ice.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 02:50 PM
IAMREALITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan4390 View Post
When I say an average NJ Public high school hockey player is better than derek boogaard I sincerely mean it. I know his role is to fight people but you have got to be able to play at least a lick of hockey. All I've seen so far is him turning over the puck, not being able to receive a pass most of the time, and if he ever does wind up with the puck on his stick it is flat out embarrassing. We could've given up pennies to acquire dj king at league min. (a very comparable fighter) instead we gave up 1.6 mill in cap space.... for 4 years!
You're letting your emotions cloud your judgment. Not sure your comments can even remotely be taken seriously.

An average NJ public HS hockey player would be likely put in the hospital before the end of the 1st period.

IAMREALITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 04:31 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
Just hit people hard, and punch people hard.

I don't care if he ever touches the puck. You hurt people with checks, or at least make them fear you, and you have done something good.
Thats how I see it.

Old
09-30-2010, 04:33 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
I haven't seen him on here in a while. Him and I use to have weekly debates about Colton Orr. Anytime Orr's name was mentioned in a thread Melnyk would be in that thread within 10 mins. Like a moth to a flame he couldn't resist.

Hopefully everything is ok with him health wise. That is the thing that is strange about internet message boards. You have almost daily dialogue with people and if something happens to them in the real world you would never know about it. They just disappear.
Well put. His Colton Orr hate was/is epic. Hope he is well.

Old
09-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShirts702 View Post
the weird hate that boogaard gets is kind of creepy. It's obvious that those who cry about him have NO CLUE about what the Rangers have lacked recently.

Plenty else to cry about...no?

Never a truer statement has been uttered.

What a bizzare group of individuals.

People who are magically in love with Wussy-Hockey and tender, delicate notions of our beloved game of hockey. It's this whole Metro-sexual mindset. Where they believe hockey should be a game played by ballerinas and Mimes.

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 05:21 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

Let our Rangers players defend themselves by showering opponents with delicate rose pedals and feather dusters.......yes...that's hockey.

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote