HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Pre-Season Game 6 Sabres @ Canadiens 7:30PM (RDS,TSN,NHLN)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-30-2010, 09:58 AM
  #1
the vinyl version
Registered User
 
the vinyl version's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,706
vCash: 500
Pre-Season Game 6 Sabres @ Canadiens 7:30PM (RDS,TSN,NHLN)



Hab's lineup:

Gionta-Gomez-Pouliot
AK46-Eller-Darche
Maxwell-Boyd-White
Lapierre-Halpern-Pyatt

Spacek-Subban
Weber-Picard
Henry-O'Byrne

Auld

Sabres lineup via Zip15:

Vanek-Roy-Stafford
Hecht-Connolly-Pominville
Gerbe-Adam-Mancari
Ellis-Byron-Parrish

Butler-Myers
Leopold-Schiestel
Weber-Montador


Last edited by the vinyl version: 09-30-2010 at 12:29 PM.
the vinyl version is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 10:01 AM
  #2
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,126
vCash: 500
Henry- O'byrne


wow, that pairing can really go one of two ways.

overlords is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 10:04 AM
  #3
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
yay! get to watch this on one the NHL network.

still need to sign up for CentreIce package

windycity is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 10:05 AM
  #4
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,940
vCash: 500
I'm hoping for a big game from Pouliot on that first line tonight.

Jigger77 is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 10:07 AM
  #5
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Henry- O'byrne


wow, that pairing can really go one of two ways.
JM seemed really big on Henry. I personally thought he was pretty bad last game. I guess he's seeing something I'm not. Definitely someone I will be watching closely tonight as well.

Jigger77 is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 10:07 AM
  #6
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
eller at center... excellent..

Next Best Thing* is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 10:09 AM
  #7
saints96
Registered User
 
saints96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 500
edit: change Sabres to Millers..''Buffalo Millers''

Hope Pouls has a great game tonight. He's been getting chances, just needs to finish them. Also curious to see AK along side Eller, could be interesting. And just to clear things up, this is not the game where we win the stanley cup right?

saints96 is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 10:13 AM
  #8
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,249
vCash: 500
I know it's the pre-season, but I still hate seeing Darche listed in our top 6.

Edit: I'm really starting to like that Gio picture.

Habs10Habs is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 10:17 AM
  #9
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,940
vCash: 500
Man, that D is really not very encouraging to me I have to say.

Pk with Spacek seemed to click offensively last game if I remember correctly though.

Jigger77 is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 10:17 AM
  #10
Patccmoi
Registered User
 
Patccmoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I know it's the pre-season, but I still hate seeing Darche listed in our top 6.

Edit: I'm really starting to like that Gio picture.
Seriously. I'm not even sure why they gave him a one-way if they planned on signing Halpern. I see the role Halpern fills, but I'm not sure I see the role Darche will fill on the Habs. The youth there won't be in lack of leaders to look up to (he could have still done the role well in Hamilton though).

I'd much rather see White, Boyd or Lapierre than Darche there, although I guess they put the Lapierre-Halpern-Pyatt line together because they plan to use it during the season.

Patccmoi is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 10:18 AM
  #11
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 500
I'd switch Darche and Maxwell around.

TheBuriedHab is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 10:19 AM
  #12
Strik_IX
No excuses!
 
Strik_IX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,870
vCash: 1395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I know it's the pre-season, but I still hate seeing Darche listed in our top 6.

Edit: I'm really starting to like that Gio picture.
I personally hate to see Darche in the lineup period, he's taking up a spot we could easily give to a deserving rookie.

As for the GIo pic, I' surprised no asked me to turn it into an avatar, I may just call dibs

Strik_IX is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 10:22 AM
  #13
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,534
vCash: 500
Hope that Eller, White and Henry does well tonight!

I want White and Henry to be with us this season.

Hannibal is online now  
Old
09-30-2010, 10:23 AM
  #14
Ross MacLochness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,774
vCash: 500
If Boyd is playing center again the team must really believe he's better in the middle. I wonder if they give him a game on wing in the preseason. Hickey has that line as "Dustin Boyd - Ryan White - Ben Maxwell" although he's not too meticulous about that stuff.

If the team considers Boyd a center that only means one thing for Eller. But to me any combination of Eller, Boyd, and Lapierre would make a kick ass 3rd line. Tons of speed, some size, forechecking, defense, puck protection abilities. If Lapierre gets back to his '09 form we could see them all in the 30 points range, with Eller getting some PP time.

Ross MacLochness is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 10:27 AM
  #15
go_habs_go
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,207
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to go_habs_go
Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta
Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Cammalleri
Lapierre - Halpern - Eller
Pyatt/Pacioretty - Boyd - White

I don't see the logic in playing Darche in the top 6 all preseason long ...

go_habs_go is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 10:31 AM
  #16
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
Seriously. I'm not even sure why they gave him a one-way if they planned on signing Halpern. I see the role Halpern fills, but I'm not sure I see the role Darche will fill on the Habs. The youth there won't be in lack of leaders to look up to (he could have still done the role well in Hamilton though).

I'd much rather see White, Boyd or Lapierre than Darche there, although I guess they put the Lapierre-Halpern-Pyatt line together because they plan to use it during the season.
I don't mind keeping him around as an extra forward who sits in the press box most of the time eating popcorn, waiting for an injury to happen. I'd much rather they have him in that role instead of some young kid who could be gaining experience in Hamilton.

The reason I think it bothers me to see his name listed in our top 6 is we already know what Darche brings to the table. Now is the time we should be testing the young kids in a top 6 role to see how they respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoopok View Post
I'd switch Darche and Maxwell around.
Maxwell is definitely a player I was thinking of when I typed the post above this one.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
I personally hate to see Darche in the lineup period, he's taking up a spot we could easily give to a deserving rookie.

As for the GIo pic, I' surprised no asked me to turn it into an avatar, I may just call dibs
Not really, as I mentioned he's probably going to be our extra forward once the season starts. He'll only be playing 4 or 5 minutes a game at the most.

I think someone already has the GIO pic as an avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Hope that Eller, White and Henry does well tonight!

I want White and Henry to be with us this season.
I think White has a decent shot to get in more than a few games this season. Personally I'd love to see him make the team out of camp. Henry IMO will probably spend the whole season down in Hamilton, unless we have a ton of injuries to our defense.

Habs10Habs is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 10:32 AM
  #17
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
JM seemed really big on Henry. I personally thought he was pretty bad last game. I guess he's seeing something I'm not. Definitely someone I will be watching closely tonight as well.
if anything, he's been kept around to teach o'byrne how to act his size. Henry does exactly what we need o'byrne to do.

also, i think this will be a very important game for weber.

overlords is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 10:32 AM
  #18
Strik_IX
No excuses!
 
Strik_IX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,870
vCash: 1395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I think someone already has the GIO pic as an avatar.
Yeah I saw that, but I havent had any requests to make into a haters gonna hate avi.

In fact Ima go post in the thread to grab it if someone else hasnt cuz it's bad ass

Strik_IX is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 10:35 AM
  #19
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
Yeah I saw that, but I havent had any requests to make into a haters gonna hate avi.

In fact Ima go post in the thread to grab it if someone else hasnt cuz it's bad ass
Haha good idea, I'm sure it will be a popular avatar.

Habs10Habs is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 10:50 AM
  #20
Patccmoi
Registered User
 
Patccmoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
if anything, he's been kept around to teach o'byrne how to act his size. Henry does exactly what we need o'byrne to do.

also, i think this will be a very important game for weber.
Good point for Weber.

I really hope that he does well, I was very impressed with him last game. I think it was the first game at the NHL level where he truly let his offensive talent show (not just his shot, but moving forward up to the net, create some difficult situations for the other team's defense, etc.)

Patccmoi is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 10:59 AM
  #21
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk
 
Quarantesix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,502
vCash: 500
interesting line up , I expect Kostitsyn to have some shift with Gomez and Gionta if Pouliot struggle. I expect Maxwell,Weber and White to have a great game.

Miller in net? he was the goalie for Buffalo against Ottawa 2 days ago so maybe it will be backup vs backup tonight

Quarantesix is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 10:59 AM
  #22
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
Good point for Weber.

I really hope that he does well, I was very impressed with him last game. I think it was the first game at the NHL level where he truly let his offensive talent show (not just his shot, but moving forward up to the net, create some difficult situations for the other team's defense, etc.)
Weber was good for us 2 years ago,last year he had a horrible year.Glad he came back better and I'm sure he will make the Habs make a decision in possibly moving O'Byrne to make room for him

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 11:01 AM
  #23
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,688
vCash: 50
Awards:
Really looking forward to seeing Gionta skate out there with the C.

Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 11:02 AM
  #24
PyrettaBlaze*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Miller in net? he was the goalie for Buffalo against Ottawa 2 days ago so maybe it will be backup vs backup tonight
Enroth starts tonight.

PyrettaBlaze* is offline  
Old
09-30-2010, 11:02 AM
  #25
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the vinyl version View Post


Hab's lineup:

Gionta-Gomez-Pouliot
AK46-Eller-Darche
Maxwell-Boyd-White
Lapierre-Halpern-Pyatt

Spacek-Subban
Weber-Picard
Henry-O'Byrne

Auld
Finally, Eller at center !

CanadienErrant* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.