HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Streaming Games Internationally

Old
09-29-2010, 07:04 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

vCash: 500
Streaming Games Internationally

This is a question for the non-NA people here. What do you think is the best option for watching games online? I know that JustinTV has blocked the use of proxies and asks non-NA IPs to buy a premium account. Buying RDS streams has not been possible in many international markets, what's the deal with NHL Game Center do you get every Habs game for US$4,95/m?

What do other international fans do to get their stream? I don't care if it's English or French commentary by the way.

Thanks!

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 07:30 PM
straw

http://www.hockeystreams.com/

straw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well I'm not sure about the extent of GameCenter, but as long as you are not within the region of a local broadcaster, you will not get blacked out. So if you live outside of the continent, you will most likely be able to watch games from all 30 teams. That's pretty awesome.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 08:17 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Checked again and Game Center is US$159,00/season, still it looks a dependable option, bonus is no blackouts in Japan.

Old
09-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Daft1

Im using espn360.com, its the same as nhl center ice, just for non americans. 80 euroes for the season (no playoffs.) Works fine in Norway, dont know about asia tho.

Daft1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 09:39 AM
Flambergius

Using www.espnplayer.com myself too and I've been pretty happy. Espn360 is the old name, it was re-branded to Espnplayer last March. Last season the play-offs were 35€, so it's 115€ for the real whole season. Their on-demand archive is nice too.

Flambergius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 10:01 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambergius View Post
Using www.espnplayer.com myself too and I've been pretty happy. Espn360 is the old name, it was re-branded to Espnplayer last March. Last season the play-offs were 35€, so it's 115€ for the real whole season. Their on-demand archive is nice too.
Checked and seems ESPNPlayer is for Europe & Middle East: "NHL content on ESPN Player is available in every country across the European continent (except for Russia and Italy) and is also available in the Middle East", shows no NHL games in Japan, seems they split up the markets. In Japan GameCenter covers the NHL. Price is about the same.

Old
09-30-2010, 10:26 AM
habsrock44

Send a message via MSN to habsrock44
I'm in my third season of membership on www.hockeystreams.com and I love the site. Not only do I get all the NHL preseason, regular season and playoffs, but I also get the world junior championships at christmas time and the world championships around playoff time. On top of that I get the draft every year, usually the TSN trade deadline special, and the Olympics when it is on.

habsrock44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 11:30 AM
Sergei Goldenhands
Used Registerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock44 View Post
I'm in my third season of membership on www.hockeystreams.com and I love the site. Not only do I get all the NHL preseason, regular season and playoffs, but I also get the world junior championships at christmas time and the world championships around playoff time. On top of that I get the draft every year, usually the TSN trade deadline special, and the Olympics when it is on.
what's the difference between hockeystreams.com and other sites like Justin.tv? Are their streams exclusive to the paying members of the website and is the quality any better than Justin.tv or myp2p.eu?

Sergei Goldenhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 12:36 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
NHL GameCenter live is the best choice

this year, you can even choose the feed you want to watch the game.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Fifthgear

Quote:
Originally Posted by straw View Post
Exactly http://www.hockeystreams.com/ is the best, i'm using it from Spain ... Perfect streaming ... Good price ...

Fifthgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
NHL GameCenter live is the best choice

this year, you can even choose the feed you want to watch the game.
If you can afford it, it's great. Especially when games are played at a time that doesn't allow to watch them live all the time. Here in France, most games start at 1 am. I just get up earlier in the morning and watch them while having breakfast.
Didn't know you could choose the feed, I hope this feature will be available with espn player.

Last edited by Naoned: 09-30-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Naoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 07:32 PM
Hank Scorpio

I use atdhe.net and livescorehunter.com for free streams if you don't feel like paying although I imagine the quality is better on hockeystreams.com. I'm in Australia and have seen every game broadcast at home.

Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 08:02 PM
Sergei Goldenhands
Used Registerer

i just suscribed to hockeystreams.com for a month and it looks incredibly good: you have the choice of multiple bandwitch sizes, there's no blackout restrictions and you have access to a ton of archived games.

It really is worth the 15$ a month compared to free sites like Justin.tv and such

Sergei Goldenhands is offline   Reply With Quote