HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The New York Rangers Are Gonna Win The Stanley Cup Again. Tell Me When. Tell Me How.

Old
09-30-2010, 03:27 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
To simplify I said Crosby should not be mentioned with those two in the point you were making b/c he's just in another stratosphere. Do you disagree with the fact that Crosby is in another stratosphere and should not be used in your point about Toews and Back who are both extradoinary players in their own right but for a variety of reasons? I mean you can't have it both ways either they are equals and can be used in the same breath to make your point or they are not and you made a small mistake in your point.
Whether they are equal or not has no bearing on the point I made by bringing them up. It is irrelevant, as are most of the points you bring up.

Quote:
I did not say Chicago is a team effort I said they were MORE of a team effort. This shows I clearly understand all teams have a team effort. Look you can be mad all you want but you're attacking points I didn't even make. You misunderstand my post or idk what but hopefully now things are clarified for you. Some teams can rely more on superstar talent while others need to have all facets of the team working. A few surprise performances from unexpected places, secondary scorers, etc. I think Chicago needed more of the latter to win and they got it. If the Rangers end up winning they will need the same as Chicago b/c we both agree we don't have the Crosby type.
Again, this makes no sense. Teams that win the Cup have both superstar talent and "more" of a team effort.

Quote:
I keep on hearing about this suppossed seniority on the board but like you said what's the point in a point that adds nothing, proves nothing and does not have anything to do with the topic?Look I'm not here to pick fights. I catch people making mistakes and I debate them on it. I see people with differeing opinions that have solid evidence and bring up another opinion with evidence that is just as solid. It seems like people just don't want to ever admit they are wrong or make a mistake and never want to admit that an oppossing side of the argument has a valid point. I try to be fair and always give credit where it's due. One guy even disagrees with you sting but his point was simply Hank will help us win. Rather than say "See plenty of people feel this way" just to back myself up I made sure to point out that even though I feel hank is a huge peice that simply having him is not enough. I then went on to clarify what I thought we needed to add. Why did you not comment on that solid point and instead get angry and attack me, on several erroneous points and misconstrued sentences?
Notice how the other poster you are referring to did not attack me, thus I did not attack him. Just because you make a point, that doesn't automatically classify it as valid. I don't feel your point is valid. I felt his was. I don't feel many of the points you make are valid, to be frank.

Quote:
If you felt I was insulting you by insinuating what you said about Crosby, Toews, etc why not just ask me "Dude I did not say they were the same caliber of players I was just making the point that...". We are suppossed to be friendly here but it seems the older the poster the less they follow the rules of courtesy and respect.

You wanna PM me and curse me out and flame me than whatever go ahead but on the public boards the hostility is just unneccasary.
Then why are you the one who introduces the hostility into the thread? Flame you? You began by flaming me. You're a tremendous hypocrite. I'm done taking this thread off-topic.

Last edited by NYR Sting: 09-30-2010 at 03:33 PM.
NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 05:46 PM
JimmyStart*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Whether they are equal or not has no bearing on the point I made by bringing them up. It is irrelevant, as are most of the points you bring up.

But you again now left out this point of yours. Look I said all that needed to be said about your point and rather than clarify or defend it you did this which speaks volumes about the validity of your point in the face of any scrutiny. There's nothing off topic or invalid about me asking you why you linked C rosby, Backstrom and Toews in that manner while simultaneously disqualifying Hank and Gabs.

Again, this makes no sense. Teams that win the Cup have both superstar talent and "more" of a team effort.
Again this makes plenty of sense but you don't udnerstand. So y couldn't you just be a gentleman and ask again and I'll try and say again.

If you could quantify exactly how much effort the rest of the team outside of the mega stars put in I would say Crosby and Malkin took on a much larger ratio of the effort than Toews and Kane did in Chicago. This effort was doled out more imo with Detroit, Chicago and Phili.

A team that has Crosby and Malkin possibly has more of the workload heaped on its superstars than Chicago did. I don't know how you could continue to have any further confusion on this point. Maybe you disagree but you should be able to understand what I'm saying.

Quote:
Notice how the other poster you are referring to did not attack me, thus I did not attack him. Just because you make a point, that doesn't automatically classify it as valid. I don't feel your point is valid. I felt his was. I don't feel many of the points you make are valid, to be frank.
Again though I did not attack you so this means nothing. I'm sorry you feel slighted but this seems like a case of thin skin to me. You sound like you were predisposed to the thought of me flaming you as are many vets who I've called out. And if I did flame and you're the senior poster why couldn't you be the bigger man and try to calm me down as I've done with you? or walk away.

Quote:
Then why are you the one who introduces the hostility into the thread? Flame you? You began by flaming me. You're a tremendous hypocrite. I'm done taking this thread off-topic.
I introduced no hostility. As I said I found mistakes in your post and I debated your opinion backed by good points with my own opinion backed by good points. You don't like being told you're wrong which is natural but that doesn't give you the right to act like this. And if you really wanted to "stop taking the thread off topic" you wouldn't have made that last post.

Again I bring up the point that we have two franchise guys already by your own admission so what's wrong with thinking that the guys and prospects we have now can develop into complimentary roles. If you think that is not enough fine but you consistently ignore the point I made that is on topic to go off topic.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote