HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Steve zipay twitter

Old
09-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube Sock View Post
Not sure where you are going with this you do realize Weiss is smaller than Dubinsky right?
I know how big Weiss is. I've indicated that all along.

The sentence you purposely boldened was a lead in to the following paragraphs (which you excluded in your quote). Not an attempt to summarize the previous paragraph.

Quote:
Dubinsky only fought Richards once last year in fact he only had two fights last year. Halpern and Richards... Weird how people say he fights all the time.
Hence why a plainly stated ......"Dubinsky should be a life-long Ranger for simply beating the snot out of Mike Richards, once or twice a season. " You may want to re-read what I wrote. You weren't really paying much attention.

I don't recall people saying Dubinsky fights all the time.

But he does throw the body hard and he does stick up for his teammates.

And who was there on the ice trying to fight off two Flyers and a Ref, when Gabby was getting beat up? yeah, Dubinsky. Who went after Crosby when he took a cheap shot at Lundqvist? Yeah, Dubinsky. Who has fought Richards four times in the last two or three seasons, because Richards is a dirty weasel? Oh yeah, Dubinsky.

Who was the first Ranger to go after Pronger, after Pronger tried to closeline Gabey and in the process pissed off Pronger so badly that Pronger got all caught up in trying to get him, that he left his postion to chase him and the Rangers scored?

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
Would you rather have Dubi fight richards twice a year or actually have a team capable of winning a lot of games? This entire post just makes you sound like a Dubi fanboy.

And you sound like a Dubi hater.

You actually believe that trading Weiss or Brassard for Dubinsky accomplishes that?

Sorry, you're delusional. At best, those are lateral moves in terms of offense; but overall they leave the Rangers weaker, smaller and less combative. it's a fact.

Neither one of those players added, subtracting Dubi; makes this a better team. Only in your dreams.

Old
09-30-2010, 03:50 PM
mti79

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Why would we do that? Christensen has more value to us than Prucha, and Sauer and a 5th for a 3rd is pointless. How does that trade make us better?
we wouldn't... I was just messing around and throwing names at a wall...

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
I know how big Weiss is. I've indicated that all along.

The sentence you purposely boldened was a lead in to the following paragraphs (which you excluded in your quote). Not an attempt to summarize the previous paragraph.

Hence why a plainly stated ......"Dubinsky should be a life-long Ranger for simply beating the snot out of Mike Richards, once or twice a season. " You may want to re-read what I wrote. You weren't really paying much attention.

I don't recall people saying Dubinsky fights all the time.

But he does throw the body hard and he does stick up for his teammates.

And who was there on the ice trying to fight off two Flyers and a Ref, when Gabby was getting beat up? yeah, Dubinsky. Who went after Crosby when he took a cheap shot at Lundqvist? Yeah, Dubinsky. Who has fought Richards four times in the last two or three seasons, because Richards is a dirty weasel? Oh yeah, Dubinsky.

Who was the first Ranger to go after Pronger, after Pronger tried to closeline Gabey and in the process pissed off Pronger so badly that Pronger got all caught up in trying to get him, that he left his postion to chase him and the Rangers scored?
Neat story did you look at the hit totals I posted or did you just ignore that? I bolded the sentence about size because you went off on a tangent which was irrelevant to the discussion since I don't recall saying anything in regards to bigger players being more physical just because of there size...

Your statement about the fighting insinuated that it was one of his strengths as a player, which if you ask me it isn't. Good for Dubinsky for standing up for his team mates, I am sure if you replaced him with pretty much anyone else on the roster they would have gone after Crosby just the same. We've all seen the footage it's not like he did anything other than get in his face. It's not all that hard. Jokinen was a split second behind Dubinsky and Drury came in shortly after. I am sure Staal would have done something had he not been at center ice.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Neat story did you look at the hit totals I posted or did you just ignore that? I bolded the sentence about size because you went off on a tangent which was irrelevant to the discussion since I don't recall saying anything in regards to bigger players being more physical just because of there size...

Your statement about the fighting insinuated that it was one of his strengths as a player, which if you ask me it isn't. Good for Dubinsky for standing up for his team mates, I am sure if you replaced him with pretty much anyone else on the roster they would have gone after Crosby just the same. We've all seen the footage it's not like he did anything other than get in his face. It's not all that hard. Jokinen was a split second behind Dubinsky and Drury came in shortly after. I am sure Staal would have done something had he not been at center ice.

Oh please.

You said........

Quote:
Adding one more player and maybe not Weiss (his name was brought up so I used him) that is a little smaller won't turn this into a team of midgets. The team has gotten larger each year and although I do appreciate that part of Dubinsky's game he is somewhat inconsistent with it.

So let's ignore names for the mean time and say would you trade Dubinsky in a package for a 70-75pt player that is a tad smaller?

Hence the bigger (larger) does not equal tougher comments, by me.

As for Crosby. Dubi went after him the smart way, without taking a bad penalty for it. If you remember correctly, you'll remember that Dubi made life rather miserable for that little d****e Crosby, right after that incident with Lundqvist. He was all over him any time Crosby came near the puck and he was hammering him down and knocking him around. They had quite a nice battle going on, as well as a lot of chattering.

If anyone could do that, why is it that no other Top Six forwards on the Rangers ever do it?

Give me a break

Last edited by Jeds2StepOpus: 09-30-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old
09-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post

Oh please.

You said........

Hence the bigger (larger) does not equal tougher comments, by me.
You're still miss quoting me, I said replacing Dubinsky with a slightly smaller player doesn't make it a team of midgets. I never said the team got tougher over the years, I said bigger as in average size of the players. So why would you point out the obvious statement that bigger doesn't mean tougher?

Quote:
As for Crosby. Dubi went after him the smart way, without taking a bad penalty for it. If you remember correctly, you'll remember that Dubi made life rather miserable for that little d****e Crosby, right after that incident with Lundqvist. He was all over him any time Crosby came near the puck and he was hammering him down and knocking him around. They had quite a nice battle going on, as well as a lot of chattering.

If if anyone could do that, why is it that no other Top Six ofrwards on the Rangers ever do it?

Give me a break
You mean like Jokinen who was literally half a second behind Dubinsky? Shake your head all you want but your argument is terribly thin. You're telling me that no one but Dubinsky would have stepped in for Lundqvist? That is a fallacy.

Dubinsky stepped in that's fantastic, but I find it hard to believe he's the only one that would have.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 04:41 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

Oh brother

Old
09-30-2010, 05:02 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Tikhonov and Boedker just assigned to AHL by Coyotes.

Last edited by bobbop: 09-30-2010 at 05:08 PM.
bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Tikhonov and Boiedker just assigned to AHL by Coyotes.
hmmm imagine Tikhonov wants out of there.

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Tikhonov and Boedker just assigned to AHL by Coyotes.
How's Boedker doing?

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 05:31 PM
CanyonofBlueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
hmmm imagine Tikhonov wants out of there.
as if we actually want him?

CanyonofBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 05:37 PM
gluvhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM3RR27 View Post
as if we actually want him?
What's with the "we", pilgrim?

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 05:38 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface Avery View Post
One more not....you do realize Filatov has 6! yes 6 NHL points.

He has not proven anything and you are out of your mind if you think we should give up not only Dubi but Grachev and a pick for him. Honestly, i'd trade a pick for this kid and nothing more....maybe a prospect like sauer or something like that.....nothing that can't be replaced in house
Pavel Brendl has 22 NHL points.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 09:56 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
How's Boedker doing?
Good. Phoenix is just doing what they should do with a player like him, use patience.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote