HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

OMG these women's Tackla pants are HUGE lol!

Old
09-30-2010, 02:29 PM
PuckHogs29

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beth View Post

Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to do there! I need a buddy!
If you write a ton of letters to the Tacoma PD telling them they need to hire me we can kill two birds with one stone. I get a job and you get a hockey coach!

PuckHogs29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'm late to the game, but most women I know use men's equipment. Some with a bigger chest do use the women's shoulders though.

As for changing, almost all of the ladies will change in the locker room with the guys, although they don't strip past the undergarments. I usually just wear my jock (compression shorts) to and from the game and slip the cup in when I play.

I did play drop in last year where I was chatting with someone and looked over and BAM nude woman. That was different

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 07:21 PM
beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckHogs29 View Post
If you write a ton of letters to the Tacoma PD telling them they need to hire me we can kill two birds with one stone. I get a job and you get a hockey coach!
That's quite a move from NJ! Try the Renton PD, it's closer to my rink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I did play drop in last year where I was chatting with someone and looked over and BAM nude woman. That was different
I still get that same reaction just using the locker room at my gym. We're always so used to seeing people in clothes, we forget they exist in naked form.

I was on the ice for like 3 hours today. I am spent. It definitely is funner with a stick and a puck, and it's amazing how much easier transitions seem to be when you don't think about them. I need to work on my balance when swinging my stick hard though! lol! I threw a bunch of cones out on the rink, and spent the whole time zipping around them and then taking a shot at the end, then I would skate backwards around the cones. Rinse and repeat. I was definitely better by the end of it, though tired.

There were a few hockey players at the public skate on the main rink, I think the seattle league is starting up here soon, so they're all out getting their legs back. I think a couple of them might have been puzzled at why some chick was playing hockey on the little rink when it wasn't stick and puck time. I chatted with one guy who was a beginner, and it was nice to be able to commiserate with someone.

My pants came in the mail while I was gone - And they fit! Now I need to put on all my stuff and check myself out in the mirror. Technically, I can now participate in the beginner pick-up game, but I still need to get my nerve up for that. I feel a *little* more confident after today, though.

Last edited by beth: 09-30-2010 at 07:24 PM. Reason: I put way too many exclamation points in there - lol!
beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 12:40 AM
PuckHogs29

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth View Post
That's quite a move from NJ! Try the Renton PD, it's closer to my rink!
I've got a friend from the military that's on the Tacoma PD, but I love the area so I've looked at a few departments. Tacoma and Seattle just happen to be the best paying. No NHL hockey but I could definitely get into watching WHL games. In the meantime keep practicing!

PuckHogs29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 01:26 PM
beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckHogs29 View Post
I've got a friend from the military that's on the Tacoma PD, but I love the area so I've looked at a few departments. Tacoma and Seattle just happen to be the best paying. No NHL hockey but I could definitely get into watching WHL games. In the meantime keep practicing!
Yeah, the no-NHL thing is kind of a bummer. But we went to see a Thunderbirds game last weekend (our first big hockey game ever) and we had a great time! We'll have to trek up to Vancouver at some point to get the NHL experience.

beth is offline   Reply With Quote