HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dekanich assigned to Milwaukee, Lindback wins backup job

Old
09-30-2010, 11:39 PM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

vCash: 500
Wow, didn't see this coming so soon. Well done Lindbäck.

Pentothal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 12:20 AM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
I'll never forget hearing his name chanted repeatedly at 501 Broadway.
Gerber.... Baby...

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 12:51 AM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Can I at least get one thing, ONE thing that you can say nice about me? Honestly. ever since I came on ANY Nashville Predators boards you have been busting my ass.

Which is sad since you remind me SO MUCH of me back when I was in college.

So, in retrospect, you are ball busting.....yourself.
It's mod envy. You get that light blue font for your name and some guys can't get over it. Make him a mod and his whole world will change. At least get Slake to give him some blue coloring.

In the alternative, change your user name to something that sets incredibly low expectations-- who can bust your ass when your username announces to the world that you lack any brain function whatsoever....

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 06:52 AM
Tapp

http://hockey.expressen.se/nhl/1.215...ar-i-nashville

How did Lindbäck hear the news yesterday?

He said his dad called him and told him to go in and read the homepage, they sent Dekanich down. Lindbäck said that he had not talked with the coaches/management. (This is why I posted about this article – I thought it was a rather interesting way to find out.)

The rest of the article is what you would expect. Lindbäck was asked about playing in the season opener and he said the chance was not big, that Pekka is the clear number one goalie; but that he will do everything he can to change that.

When asked how it feels to be starting out in the NHL, he replied that it is a childhood dream come true. It will be unbelievably exciting. And now his goal is to get to play. He said it also feels like he has come a little way/made progress.

Tapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 06:57 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Gerber.... Baby...
He might be in Cedar Park tomorrow night. The chant will return if he plays.

101st_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 07:26 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapp View Post
Google translate:
Quote:
Anders Lindbäck won the fight against Mark Dekanich. Late yesterday sent to the Canadian Farm Team Milwaukee.
It's been years since I visited Canada. So I may drive up to Milwaukee and catch a game.

I felt bad that Dekanich didn't get that big of a chance, felt he should have been allowed much more game time. But the article reminds me that there's a happy Dad behind Lindback, so good job by Anders.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 10-01-2010 at 07:40 AM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 07:49 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
In the alternative, change your user name to something that sets incredibly low expectations-- who can bust your ass when your username announces to the world that you lack any brain function whatsoever....
I thought my handle already announced that? I mean it IS a collection of Monosyllabic words.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 08:02 AM
Babych Moustache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapp View Post
The rest of the article is what you would expect. Lindbäck was asked about playing in the season opener and he said the chance was not big, that Pekka is the clear number one goalie; but that he will do everything he can to change that.
How many games would you all like to see Pekka play? What is too much?

Babych Moustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 08:06 AM
OpenWheel

70+

77 is too much.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 10-01-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old
10-01-2010, 08:50 AM
cjerina

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Google translate:

It's been years since I visited Canada. So I may drive up to Milwaukee and catch a game.

I felt bad that Dekanich didn't get that big of a chance, felt he should have been allowed much more game time. But the article reminds me that there's a happy Dad behind Lindback, so good job by Anders.
LOL... gotta admit, its a pain with customs going from Illinois into Wisconsin every time.

Agreed about now seeing Dex get a large sample time, but he should have the starting job with the Ads and hopefully will impress for a long while before Lindback even gets a start.

cjerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Tapp

LOL – Not to defend the Swedish writers, but I think it is Google’s translator that has given Milwaukee to Canada. I would read the sentence as: Late yesterday the Canadian was sent to the Milwaukee farm team.

I think one thing to keep in mind is that the backup goalie decision was not based on the playing time in the exhibition games, alone. In addition to all of the practices and extra work that Korn has done with the goalies in camp, the Preds played 3 scrimmages consisting of 3 thirty minute periods and a five round shootout after both the first and second periods. Best I could tell 3 goalies played in each scrimmage and rotated so that they split time evenly and played the same amount of time against each team. Trotz stated in regards to all of the players in camp that players played their way into or out of exhibition time based on their performances in practice and the scrimmages. As the exhibition games wore on, obviously their performances in the exhibitions were added to the equation. It was the body of that work that led Trotz to say that Lindbäck was slightly ahead going into the Atlanta game and which led to Lindbäck getting the start and ultimately the full game.

With Dekanich close on his heels and the threat of a vet always being a possibility, it will be up to Lindbäck to make good on the opportunity he has earned. For him, and the team, I hope he does.

Tapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 11:16 AM
OpenWheel

Poile says my 70+ is too much. But I don't know. I could see Trotz riding the horse as long as he plays well. He's gone with Rinne before when it seemed a great time to give him a rest and he had Ellis ready. I wouldn't see him resting Rinne more than every 6-7 games on average, at most. Especailly with Lindback being a rookie. So if Rinne would stay healthy that's 70 or more. Of course 70 is a lot and you need good luck with lack of injuries. If Rinne is healthy and Lindback gets 15 games I'll be surprised, unless of course he's awesome when he plays.

City Paper
Quote:
Poile ...

“(Rinne) is our No. 1 goalie, and he’s probably going to get about 60 games,” he said. “I don’t think we want him to play 70. That means our backup is going to get 20-25 games, so it’s an important role.

Old
10-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Legionnaire11

just before reading the poile quote I was going to say 60 games.

if Pekka only gets 50 starts it's because he suffers and injury or doesn't live up to expectations. If he gets 70 starts it's because Lindback doesn't give the coaches any reason to be confident in his play.

I really like when Lindback says he will do everything he can to become the starter, it's the right attitude that more players need to have. So I do believe that Rinne will get +/- 60 starts and Lindback will impress in his 20-24 games.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 02:08 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwrx View Post
Does this mean we have the biggest set of goalies in the NHL?
Haha! No kidding eh!!!

I think if Deks is goin to Milwaukee, Jeremy Smith is pretty much a done deal with the Ad's. Will he play in ECHL????

I hope that Pickard gets the head goalie job in Milwaukee, I think he has a huge upside and sitting behind Dekanich would be a waste. He needs the whole season playing at least 40 games for the Ads.

Imagine Lindback out-performs Rinne.... It is pretty awesome that he was just recently drafted, is only 22 years old, is a monster!, and is in his first year playing hockey in North America and is going to be an NHL back-up goalie that could get upwards of 20 games in this season.

Deks and Smith will never be predator goalies.

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 03:03 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
Deks and Smith will never be predator goalies.
Let's remember that now Lindback has to perform so I wouldn't count out Desk and Smith just yet. Hope I'm wrong.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 03:22 PM
OpenWheel

And Pickard has to outplay Dekanich in Milwaukee, and there's no reason at all to think he has an edge there. Except being younger. Dekanich had that horrible slump last year, yet still ended up with a .913 save percentage compared to Pickard's pedestrian .892. Deks has never in his career had one as low as that. At Colgate, Deks was .924, .923, .924, and then his first year in Milwaukee he was .923, (a team record, but only 30 games) with a drop last year to .913, but playing as well as ever the second half. Pickards best ever was .921 in junior hockey, not quite as high as what Deks has posted four times.

Deks is unlikely to be a bust at this point. Pickard may have slightly more upside (maybe...?) but also has bust potential.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 10-01-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old
10-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post

I hope that Pickard gets the head goalie job in Milwaukee, I think he has a huge upside and sitting behind Dekanich would be a waste. He needs the whole season playing at least 40 games for the Ads.
I have a different plan. Send Pickard to the ECHL instead of Smith. That way, Dex stays in shape in case he needs to get called up for the Preds, and Pickard plays 65+ games. Smith is an AHL goalie at best, but Dekanich could be a backup and Pickard has the potential (no guarentee, but has the potential) to be a starter. I just want to make sure we get Chet as much playing time as possible.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 07:53 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
I have a different plan. Send Pickard to the ECHL instead of Smith. That way, Dex stays in shape in case he needs to get called up for the Preds, and Pickard plays 65+ games. Smith is an AHL goalie at best, but Dekanich could be a backup and Pickard has the potential (no guarentee, but has the potential) to be a starter. I just want to make sure we get Chet as much playing time as possible.
I dont think after being in the AHL that going down to the ECHL, even if it means playing every game, is going to help Pickards development.

I just dont understand why Poile hasnt unloaded Smith for a pick unless nobody wants him. I guess maybe its one of those things where if all he could get for him is a low pick he might as well hang on to him in case he turns out to be a late bloomer.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 08:26 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I dont think after being in the AHL that going down to the ECHL, even if it means playing every game, is going to help Pickards development.

I just dont understand why Poile hasnt unloaded Smith for a pick unless nobody wants him. I guess maybe its one of those things where if all he could get for him is a low pick he might as well hang on to him in case he turns out to be a late bloomer.
There's likely not a lot of demand. I'd be surprised if they could get a pick for Dex either. It's not a slight to either of those guys...it's just that AHL goalies are a dime a dozen. You can go sign one out of Europe, AHL free agency, or at the end of the NCAA season without having to expend a pick.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 08:33 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
There's likely not a lot of demand. I'd be surprised if they could get a pick for Dex either. It's not a slight to either of those guys...it's just that AHL goalies are a dime a dozen. You can go sign one out of Europe, AHL free agency, or at the end of the NCAA season without having to expend a pick.
thats true and also the longer a guy goes without moving up the depth chart the less attractive he is. the window to trade Smith would have been the moment poile decided that Pickard was better but before anyone else found out...

I always had Deks pegged as the AHL being the highest he would ever go.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 08:51 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
thats true and also the longer a guy goes without moving up the depth chart the less attractive he is. the window to trade Smith would have been the moment poile decided that Pickard was better but before anyone else found out...

I always had Deks pegged as the AHL being the highest he would ever go.
i think he could potentially be an NHL backup...but at the same time, those are easy and cheap to come by. Not worth wasting a pick and the development time when it's just as easy to spend league minimum and bring one in.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
I think it would be. The pressure of being a starting goalie day-in, day-out would be very good for him, and he'd still face a ton of shots. I just feel like thats his best plan.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Can I at least get one thing, ONE thing that you can say nice about me? Honestly. ever since I came on ANY Nashville Predators boards you have been busting my ass.

Which is sad since you remind me SO MUCH of me back when I was in college.

So, in retrospect, you are ball busting.....yourself.
Hon, if it makes you feel any better, I would have smacked you over the head for that one too.

On the actual topic, I'm only mildly surprised; BFC's been talking my ear off about this kid for a few years now. Hope he works out.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 10:33 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post

On the actual topic, I'm only mildly surprised; BFC's been talking my ear off about this kid for a few years now. Hope he works out.
How was I talking your ear off about Dekanich? Pickard, yes. Dekanich, not so much. If anything I still ould like to see Dekanich and/or Smith hit the bricks.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
How was I talking your ear off about Dekanich? Pickard, yes. Dekanich, not so much. If anything I still ould like to see Dekanich and/or Smith hit the bricks.
Lindback, silly, not Dekanich. And I was almost as chatty about Pickard; I was hoping we'd get his brother. Alas.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote