HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - Pit

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2010, 03:36 PM
New Liskeard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
3 years....so still a good amount of contract left.
Thought it was 2 more years, going by memory. My mistake. Like most UFA's, he'll probably re-sign with the Pens. If not he will be a very sought after commodity given his size, abilities and age.

Old
10-01-2010, 03:37 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
It make perfect sense.Well played OP.

Old
10-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Stassino

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post
Why on earth would the TMLHC do this.....it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever
Worst post of the day

Old
10-01-2010, 03:59 PM
RStar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skk82 View Post
If the Pens would have wanted Kessel they would have drafted him in '06. There's a reason they picked Staal over him, and I don't think 4 years later anything's changed in their minds. (And I don't say that as a knock on Phil).

There's no doubt Kessel has a ton more offensive skill than Staal ever will, but the Pens like tough wings to forecheck, play low, win puck battles, be committed positionally and defensively. Basically all the things Kessel isn't.

Would Kessel help Pittsburgh? Sure. But philosophically they'd rather stick with Staal, who may have a little more offensive to grow into and is always going to provide Selke level defense every year.
I get so tired of the "If xxx wanted yyy they would have drafted him"

I guess no one in the league but Detroit wants Pavel Datsyuk then, and even they don't like him enough to have drafted him until the late rounds.

To act like a team is foolproof when drafting a player is incorrect, as has been proven every draft. Ask the Sens if they would still rather have Jared Cowen or MPS.

Old
10-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStar View Post
I get so tired of the "If xxx wanted yyy they would have drafted him"

I guess no one in the league but Detroit wants Pavel Datsyuk then, and even they don't like him enough to have drafted him until the late rounds.

To act like a team is foolproof when drafting a player is incorrect, as has been proven every draft. Ask the Sens if they would still rather have Jared Cowen or MPS.
Has either Staal or Kessel done anything since the draft that Pittsburgh wouldn't have reasonably anticipated at the time?

Old
10-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

uh highway robbery for the pens why??

Old
10-01-2010, 04:47 PM
DIONBOZAK

ya, Leafs pass for sure....we already have a 2nd line centre who can put up 50 points a year (Grabovski). Way too much quality heading Pitts way. Take out one of Gunnar or D'Amigo and its closer

Old
10-01-2010, 04:48 PM
DIONBOZAK

Not to mention, Malkin and Kulemin have great chemistry....Staal has none with any Leaf player

Old
10-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Ah, the dregs of Leafs nation. Don't ever stop embarrassing your knowledgeable fans.

Old
10-01-2010, 05:07 PM
asian mailman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
Ah, the dregs of Leafs nation. Don't ever stop embarrassing your knowledgeable fans.
ah the over rating of a player based on there last name, dont every stop embarrassing urself.

Old
10-01-2010, 05:18 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIONBOZAK View Post
ya, Leafs pass for sure....we already have a 2nd line centre who can put up 50 points a year (Grabovski). Way too much quality heading Pitts way. Take out one of Gunnar or D'Amigo and its closer
Unlike Grabovski, Staal actually has a place on a good team whereas Grabovski not so much. Too much quality going to Pens? Gunnar has had a good start to his career but he's got half a season under his belt, Kulemin still hasn't scored 20 goals (though I think this will be the year) and D'Amigo is a nice prospect but nothing mind blowing.

Quote:
Not to mention, Malkin and Kulemin have great chemistry....Staal has none with any Leaf player
Kulemin having chemistry with Malkin doesn't increase his trade value. Staal actually has played with Armstrong and would fit very well with a guy like Versteeg IMO.

Old
10-01-2010, 05:21 PM
DIONBOZAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post

Kulemin having chemistry with Malkin doesn't increase his trade value. Staal actually has played with Armstrong and would fit very well with a guy like Versteeg IMO.
So why would we trade a 1st/2nd line tweener (Kulemin) plus promising young players for a guy that would fit in well on our 2nd or 3rd line?

Old
10-01-2010, 05:27 PM
wej20

Quote:
So why would we trade a 1st/2nd line tweener (Kulemin) plus promising young players for a guy that would fit in well on our 2nd or 3rd line?
Since when did Kulemin become a 1st/2nd line tweener? he's a 2nd/3rd line tweener currently, you can count the number of teams Kulemin would be on the 1st line of on one hand. You say promising young players but Kulemin is 2 years older than Staal and Gunnarsson is almost 2 years older than Staal. Make no mistake Staal would not be playing on the Leafs 2nd or 3rd line.

Old
10-01-2010, 05:36 PM
asian mailman

Quote:
Since when did Kulemin become a 1st/2nd line tweener? he's a 2nd/3rd line tweener currently, you can count the number of teams Kulemin would be on the 1st line of on one hand. You say promising young players but Kulemin is 2 years older than Staal and Gunnarsson is almost 2 years older than Staal. Make no mistake Staal would not be playing on the Leafs 2nd or 3rd line.
if ur a pits fan then he would be on ur first or second line so what u talking about willis

Old
10-01-2010, 05:41 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian mailman View Post
if ur a pits fan then he would be on ur first or second line so what u talking about willis
Pens have some of the worst wingers in the league so being on a wing in our top 6 isn't a great challenge. Hence I said he'd be on less than 5 teams first lines, a decent number of teams 2nd lines and also some teams 3rd lines.

Learn to read and write, Willis.

Old
10-01-2010, 05:48 PM
DIONBOZAK

Quote:
Pens have some of the worst wingers in the league so being on a wing in our top 6 isn't a great challenge. Hence I said he'd be on less than 5 teams first lines, a decent number of teams 2nd lines and also some teams 3rd lines.

Learn to read and write, Willis.
less than 5 teams?? maybe some of the best depth team in the league he would be on the 2nd line, but for the most part, he would fit in well on the 1st

Old
10-01-2010, 05:59 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by edruga View Post
get:
Jordan Staal

get:
Nikolai Kulemin
Carl Gunnarsson
Jerry D'Amigo

Leafs get a centre they badly need and convert Kadri to wing. Gunnarsson can be moved because of the amount of defensive depth. Someone like Blacker could maybe step in.

Pens get Kulemin that is showing great signs to have a break-out year. He can play on either Crosby or Malkin's line (anyone can, but he would do some damage and help either of them tremendously). He's also a very good 2 way player/ PKer which lightens the blow a bit with Staal gone. Gunnarsson will provide solid defense with major offensive upside (which helps with Gonchar gone). D'Amigo gives them a nice offensive prospect.

Before either team flames me, I wouldn't necessarily want this to happen, but I wanted to try and make a fair proposal that makes sense. I have a feeling many of you wont agree, though.
seeing as you seem to be relatively new to the boards I'll give you a tip. NEVER start a thread that includes Toronto and Pittsburgh that has Jordan Staal involved.

Old
10-01-2010, 06:04 PM
nwpensfan

Quote:
Staal has pretty good chemistry with Malkin too!!

Old
10-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Lario Melieux*

When exactly did Kulemin become a 1st/2nd line player? Lol what am I missing here? He has yet to crack 40 points in 2 seasons and is nowhere near as good defensively as Staal. And as if a defenseman with 40 games under his belt and a prospect make up the difference between Kulemin and Staal? Wow.

Old
10-01-2010, 06:14 PM
wej20

Quote:
less than 5 teams?? maybe some of the best depth team in the league he would be on the 2nd line, but for the most part, he would fit in well on the 1st
Lets name the teams he'd be on the first line on:
Toronto (though it's debatable given Versteeg can play LW)
Pittsburgh (He'd be a 2nd best winger after Kunitz)

You could make an argument for Carolina and Islanders but that's it.

Old
10-01-2010, 06:25 PM
High Flying Birds

Mediocre return for Staal. Not interested.

Old
10-01-2010, 06:32 PM
KesselIsUnreal*

at the pens fans saying "kessel is the only one that makes sense"

I just learned that Jordan Staal is the single most over-rated NHL forward.

Closed Thread