Notices

Dish Network & Fox sports

Old
10-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Twindad*
Father of Twins

vCash: 500
Dish Network & Fox sports

Has anybody else seen the information on Dish that Fox has pulled their channels (Prime and West) supposedly demanding some outrageous fees from Dish?

Don't know if anyone remembers when they created Fox West II during the playoff's and they didn't have on TV years ago, but seems that Fox is a big pain in the ass.

There goes watching games for me until this is resolved.

Twindad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Chexxum

Send a message via AIM to Chexxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindad View Post
Has anybody else seen the information on Dish that Fox has pulled their channels (Prime and West) supposedly demanding some outrageous fees from Dish?

Don't know if anyone remembers when they created Fox West II during the playoff's and they didn't have on TV years ago, but seems that Fox is a big pain in the ass.

There goes watching games for me until this is resolved.
I think it's more Dish being cheap again. They've lost many channels over the years due to not wanting to spend money to keep them. If this isn't resolved by next week, I'm going to have to start considering jumping ship to DirectTV. I been thinking about it ever since Dish decided not to pay for MLB Extra Innings, if Center Ice blacks out the Ducks then it'll be an easy call.

In short, Dish = cheap jerks.

Chexxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 03:18 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chexxum View Post
I think it's more Dish being cheap again. They've lost many channels over the years due to not wanting to spend money to keep them. If this isn't resolved by next week, I'm going to have to start considering jumping ship to DirectTV. I been thinking about it ever since Dish decided not to pay for MLB Extra Innings, if Center Ice blacks out the Ducks then it'll be an easy call.

In short, Dish = cheap jerks.
^
Yep

Dish has had disputes with Disney and many other companies in past

October 31st will really hurt Dish network

After that they lose Fox (Main channel)

People will lose Fox NFL Sunday who dont switch along with stuff like House , Simpson , etc

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 10:16 AM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

If you guys can go to ATT Uverse, I would highly recommend it. Ive had Dish and Direct and got tired of getting those lame ass emails saying, "we are fighting for you to keep prices down." Well while they were fighting, I didnt have the channels I wanted.

I switched to Uverse about 5 months ago and love it. My bill for phone, internet and TV while I was with Direct was about $240. For those three with Uverse (you have to all three together with Uverse) I pay $160 a month. I get more channels with Uverse, can record 4 things at once and can watch my recordings anywhere in my house.

(Sorry to sound like a salesman)

KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Nikko*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
If you guys can go to ATT Uverse, I would highly recommend it. Ive had Dish and Direct and got tired of getting those lame ass emails saying, "we are fighting for you to keep prices down." Well while they were fighting, I didnt have the channels I wanted.

I switched to Uverse about 5 months ago and love it. My bill for phone, internet and TV while I was with Direct was about $240. For those three with Uverse (you have to all three together with Uverse) I pay $160 a month. I get more channels with Uverse, can record 4 things at once and can watch my recordings anywhere in my house.

(Sorry to sound like a salesman)
I agree. The guide and the DVR are set up very nice and efficient, too. Uverse is the sheeit.

Nikko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!

Verizon FiOS FTW!!

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Twindad*
Father of Twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
If you guys can go to ATT Uverse, I would highly recommend it.
Unfortunately I can't get it here although I'm serviced by AT & T, guess it will be the switch to Direct as Chexxum said. I'm going to drop them an e-mail asking when it will be available, it's not like I live in the sticks.

Twindad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Chexxum

Send a message via AIM to Chexxum
Does AT&T Uverse have NHL Center Ice and MLB Extra Innings? I went through their site but couldn't find anything. Google brings up some posts from 2008 about Uverse maybe getting Center Ice soon, nothing about Extra Innings though.

Chexxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 07:14 PM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 3000
The problem with DISH when I had it a couple years ago is they didn't carry NHL network too. Direct TV does, we are on Time Warner because we can't get Verizon or Uverse where we are too. TW gave me a set deal on price and we are happy with it for now.

kducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 07:20 PM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

Uverse only became available where i live a few months back. It is slowly expanding.

Im not sure about center ice because i haven't seen any adds. Lucky for me that all Ducks games are on standard tv.

KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 03:17 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Never come to your page (for obvious reasons) but I too have Dish and have made numerous calls. I am very pissed off about this, and it couldn't have come at a worse time. Call the corporate office in Colrado 303 area code and ask for the CEO's office. I got them to give me center ice for free, but that wont get me Kings or Ducks games (they are blacked out in SoCal--Fox owns the rights)

(dont waste your time sending an email, you'll just get the same canned response that they are broadcasting on their blacked out channels.)

DISH wont tell me how much, in dollars and cents, the increase Fox is seeking amounts to, nor will they tell me what I currently pay for the Fox Sports channels that just got pulled. We are probably talking about 50 cents to a dollar more, but 50% sounds much worse, so that is what they are sticking to.

But when you do call the corporate office, tell them that you are mad as hell that they are choosing to be cheap and that in response you are going to DIRECT TV or U-verse or elsewhere, and that you wont be coming back. I am scheduling an install for DIRECT TV for Saturday (Kings opener in Vancouver), and DISH will lose my approximately $1,500+ per year that I have gladly paid them for the last five years.

VOTE with your Wallet and let DISH CEO Charlie Ergen know he was an IDIOT to play hardball with your hockey programming.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Mwd711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chexxum View Post
Does AT&T Uverse have NHL Center Ice and MLB Extra Innings? I went through their site but couldn't find anything. Google brings up some posts from 2008 about Uverse maybe getting Center Ice soon, nothing about Extra Innings though.
Nope, U-Verse doesn't carry any out of market sports packages. They recently added NHL Network. That's a start I guess. The lack of Center ice is why I went with DirecTv.

Mwd711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 11:26 AM
parrosfan16

If you are on a contract with DISH, could you consider this a "breach of contract" and cancel without any penalties? I don't have DISH, I was just wondering.

parrosfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2010, 02:15 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

We used to have Dish until they're receivers kept dying. We switched to DirectTV a few years ago and it looks like that was a good idea after reading this thread.

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Mooseduck

From the Ducks Official Game Day Page

Quote:
MESSAGE ABOUT PRIME TICKET AND DISH NETWORK

At midnight on September 30, Dish Network dropped FOX Sports West and Prime Ticket because it refused to reach a fair agreement with Fox to carry the network.

As a result, Ducks fans with Dish Network will miss Ducks at Red Wings tonight, as well as the Ducks home opener vs. the Canucks next week.

Fox is charging Dish what they charge all the other cable and satellite providers. We believe Ducks games have a lot of value, and Fox deserves to get that value.

If Dish refuses to reach a fair agreement with Fox soon, there's a good chance Dish customers will miss the Ducks' entire schedule of 60 games on Prime Ticket.

If you would like to learn more, please call 1-877-99-I-PAID or go to www.GetWhatIPaidFor.com.

If you are not a DISH customer, you will not be affected and get to enjoy all of Prime Ticket's Ducks telecasts this season.
Just passing it along.

Mooseduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Ducksforcup

vCash: 90
I have been pretty happy with COX (despite the recent ABC debacle).

But this sucks for DISH subscribers. I am really sorry.

Ducksforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 04:59 PM
190Octane

DirecTV FTW! Sunday Ticket is the best thing since sliced bread. I hate Dish and TWC.

190Octane is offline   Reply With Quote