HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospal Out (Brooks: Possibly out for year? Forever?)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-01-2010, 11:40 PM
  #26
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
This Prospal injury is more serious than the Rangers are letting on I think. I am not sure how much he is going to play this year.
what makes you say that

__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 11:53 PM
  #27
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
The longer prospal and drury are out the better. Neither should be on this team
Yup!

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 11:55 PM
  #28
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
The longer prospal and drury are out the better. Neither should be on this team
Prospal is an inconsistent player, but he has heart, and can produce. He has a role on this team.

Drury and Callahan are one of the best PK duos, maybe even the best, in the entire league.

Drury is not worth his cap hit, but he is valuable.

__________________

Disintegrated MCL
rip
Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 11:56 PM
  #29
Nick00
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,876
vCash: 500
In a way this is good, because now Stepan's a lock, if he wasn't already.
Hopefully they find room for him when the vets are healthy.
I'd like to see how he handles the rigors of an NHL schedule, and if he's able to make the jump as successfully as DZ did last year.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 12:00 AM
  #30
23isforDeBlois
you cant OD on it
 
23isforDeBlois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
Prospal and drury are not the answer. We need our kids to step up. These guys will be more of a nuisance than important parts of the team this year book it.
You are right, but we are stuck with dru for the meanwhile and Propsal has proven he can play well with gabby and i think hes not a detriment to the team....now if we could just get gillooly on rozy, speaking of nuisances... heehee

23isforDeBlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 12:01 AM
  #31
Rangerfans
Registered User
 
Rangerfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
That was LAST YEAR I'm talking 2010 2011 boys. Alot changes in a year. Stepan didn't score any goals for the new York rangers last year does that mean he won't this year?
Matt Gilroy was our best player last year in pre-season. Playing a few preseason games doesn't mean Stepan will be what everyone is hoping he'll become...he's good, but when I heard a reference to "Matt Duchene" I groaned. C'mon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
Fact is prospal slowed badly after the injury and sure enough he hasn't healed. What do u think hes going to look like this year at 36 with a bum knee? We just going to let it ride because he had an ok year last year? This isn't a cup MVP we're giving a sympathy pass too. Its just a fill in forward that should NEVER have been brought back.
Like everyone else said. The guy scored more than Dubi, Cally, AA, etc. last season. Until he shows me he cannot play, he deserves to be on the roster.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 12:07 AM
  #32
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD
 
Kovalev27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,837
vCash: 500
Um right now he cannot play because he's got a bum knee going on almost a year now. He had that surgery in dec. Its october and he can't get on the ice. He's also going on 37 he's not going to just bounce back. My guess is he's on the shelf most of the year or he's a dog ou there because he can no longer skate.

Kovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 12:09 AM
  #33
Rangerfans
Registered User
 
Rangerfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
Um right now he cannot play because he's got a bum knee going on almost a year now. He had that surgery in dec. Its october and he can't get on the ice. He's also going on 37 he's not going to just bounce back. My guess is he's on the shelf most of the year or he's a dog ou there because he can no longer skate.
Then the kids are going to play. Why is this thread even going on?

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 12:11 AM
  #34
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD
 
Kovalev27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,837
vCash: 500
Like insaid originally the longer drury and prospal are out the better!!!

Kovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 12:12 AM
  #35
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater
 
Panfork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,377
vCash: 500
Looks like the chances of Stepan making the team just boosted.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 12:14 AM
  #36
Rangerfans
Registered User
 
Rangerfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
Like insaid originally the longer drury and prospal are out the better!!!
"Agreed." I suppose. All I'm saying is Prospal has at least earned himself - due to last year - to show us he can play. If he can, great. If not, no big deal.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 12:33 AM
  #37
nyranger61494
YNWA
 
nyranger61494's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
what makes you say that
A few things. He had the knee surgery last December. Yes, he finished the season, but despite an entire off-season, he still could not go full force in training camp and has been held out of the preseason. Now, he is being held out an additional two weeks, without having played a game, and they are going to re-assess him then. Something fishy going on here...

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 12:44 AM
  #38
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
I feel for Prospal, this isn't good.

Vinny is a good guy with a lot of heart and loyalty.

When healthy he can still play.

This is unfortunate, especially after showing that he still has game last year.

Time for other guys to really step up and evelate their game.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 12:45 AM
  #39
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Evelate = elevate***

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 12:52 AM
  #40
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Prospal was second on the team in scoring last season...

Be careful what some of you guys wish for. As much as I'd hate to say it, there's a reason why guys like Fedetenko were jobless up until a few weeks ago.

A strong preason doesn't mean anything when the games count.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 01:04 AM
  #41
CM PUNK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Prospal was second on the team in scoring last season...

Be careful what some of you guys wish for. As much as I'd hate to say it, there's a reason why guys like Fedetenko were jobless up until a few weeks ago.

A strong preason doesn't mean anything when the games count.
and if feds gets lazy after he has a job secured he can be sent to the press box or packing when drury and/or prospal returns since someone will have to be sent packing when they return anyway

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 01:08 AM
  #42
CM PUNK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,304
vCash: 500
another 'blessing in disguise' here if prospal is out a week or 2 like drury. we can use that extra roster spot to carry an 8th dman and delay making a decision on sauer vs valentenko vs gilroy vs eminger for the last 2 spots. you would be able to keep 3 of those 4 with the team until drury returns

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 01:23 AM
  #43
HockeyBurd*
 
HockeyBurd*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
Prospal and drury are not the answer.
The answer to what? This team has virtually no talent. It's going to be starving for Prospal's production by the time he is ready to come back. If he will come back at all. By the deadline they're probably going to be looking at any and every trade to overpay just to get a guy that has only ever dreamed of producing as much as Prospal can.

You got this all wrong. An injury to Prospal doesn't open up a spot for a young player. It opens up a need that management will look to fill sooner or later.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 02:06 AM
  #44
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
The answer to what? This team has virtually no talent. It's going to be starving for Prospal's production by the time he is ready to come back. If he will come back at all. By the deadline they're probably going to be looking at any and every trade to overpay just to get a guy that has only ever dreamed of producing as much as Prospal can.

You got this all wrong. An injury to Prospal doesn't open up a spot for a young player. It opens up a need that management will look to fill sooner or later.
I think you are correct. Every team needs a mix of veterans, young players and prospects just breaking into the NHL. Prospal has been a useful player for the Rangers and losing him for any length of time--or having him hobbled by his injury even if he can play--is going to increase pressure on management to find a solid replacement for him.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 02:13 AM
  #45
Komarov47
Registered User
 
Komarov47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Helsinki
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,766
vCash: 500
Does it means that we will see MZA sooner that we expected?

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 02:14 AM
  #46
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,405
vCash: 500
kinda feel like he should just get the surgery so he can come back in top form. he's doing the team a disservice if he returns and starts playing injured. he'd also be taking ice time away from a healthy youngster who could probably get more out of that ice time. Or now that Boogaard is the new Ranger scoring threat, we wouldn't want to be sitting him instead of letting a one kneed Prospal play, right?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 02:17 AM
  #47
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Big Bear View Post
Does it means that we will see MZA sooner that we expected?
I doubt it. Even if we cut, say White, we have enough players. Can't see MZA suddenly bouncing back up here before the ones who remain.

Gaborik
Frolov
Callahan
Dubinsky
Avery
Stepan
Fedotenko
Boogaard
Christensen
Anisimov
Prust
Kennedy
Boyle

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 02:20 AM
  #48
Komarov47
Registered User
 
Komarov47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Helsinki
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I doubt it. Even if we cut, say White, we have enough players. Can't see MZA suddenly bouncing back up here before the ones who remain.

Gaborik
Frolov
Callahan
Dubinsky
Avery
Stepan
Fedotenko
Boogaard
Christensen
Anisimov
Prust
Kennedy
Boyle
I guess we will have to handle with the fact that Christensen will be our #1 center, or does Dubinsky will go on center? Why not give a chance to Stepan to show what he can do with Gabo?

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 03:37 AM
  #49
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Big Bear View Post
I guess we will have to handle with the fact that Christensen will be our #1 center, or does Dubinsky will go on center? Why not give a chance to Stepan to show what he can do with Gabo?
Torts will rotate through out the first two weeks and make his cut then. There is also the possibility of Sather keeping White up and having 14 forwards. Maybe bumping someone's value up so he can trade them. Other than the Islanders, I'm not really sure who's really in need of players. Calgary maybe because their injuries although they are 6-0 in preseason so maybe that ain't so.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 06:42 AM
  #50
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Tortorella said the damage wasn’t structural and the team called the issue "inflammation/swelling."
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...tout-1.2330342

If there is no structural damage,surgery is not going to cure inflammation/swelling.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.