HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max Pacioretty reassigned to Hamilton.

Old
10-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

vCash: 500
I'm rooting for that guy.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 11:24 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
That's 24 guys, including the two injured ones.

Eller, Subban, Picard and Henry are on two-way contracts. So that leaves 20 guys on one-way cotnracts.

Why does EVERY news report I read state there are 21 one-way contracts??

Is there a 21st one-way out there that we already cut??? I don't think so. Carle and Wyman had to go through waivers, but are 2-way. Right now, there are 30 guys in camp. Russell and Sanford have to go through waivers when they return from injury, but are on two-way contracts. Bishop is on an ELC as are White, Weber and Maxwell who would be cut in the scenario above. So we're back to 24 and I still don't see a 21st one-way contract.

Can anybody enlighten me?
I guess everyone are putting Subban with the one-way contracts because he's 100% staying with the big team.

Little note, Wyman didn't go through waivers.

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 11:54 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
Little note, Wyman didn't go through waivers.
Okay, it looks like after playiing the season in College, JT Wyman played 8 AHL games in 07-08 on an ATO form and not an ELC. He then signed an ELC for the 08-09 season at age 22, and is exempt for 3 seasons, including this one 2010-2011 which is his final one.

Weird anomaly, then, is that his ELC runs out this year, at the same time his Group 6 status kicks in. Unless Wyman plays in 77 NHL games this year, or re-signs with us before July 1st, he bcomes an unrestricted free agency at the end of the year.

Thanks for the note.

Last edited by BaseballCoach: 10-02-2010 at 12:14 AM.
BaseballCoach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
He played well in the camp and pre-season, the injury hurt and the play of White and Maxwell was a factor. The kid is young and I think he can go down and dominate with Hamilton playing on a top line with Palushaj and whoever centres it be it Desharnais or Maxwell if sent down.

Montreal has a lot of good 21-24 year old players, some will have to be moved as there isn't enough room in Montreal and younger prospects or picks would be a good return.
Just because there ois not a spot for them RIGHT now doesn't mean we should trade them, some should be here full time next year and others need more seasoning, we also need 5-6 players that can play in the NHL once injuries/slumps hit. Hvaing depth is a good thing and we shouldn't run to trade it all away, if last year taught us anything is you never have too much depth.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

I hope that Pacioretty doesn't think that Montreal has bumped him down on the list. Players don't like playing for teams if they don't think they have a shot at the big club. His contract's up this season and though he'll be an RFA he might hold out on a contract, ask to be traded or something along those lines if he feels he has the skill to be playing in the NHL. We have a couple guys who might be leaving next season; Darche, Halpern, Boyd (I hope not), Pouliot, Kostitsyn. We'll have some openings for the young guys to come in, barring too many free agent signings, and if Pacioretty works his ass of he could very well be a top-6 guy next season.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 09:47 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
I hope that Pacioretty doesn't think that Montreal has bumped him down on the list. Players don't like playing for teams if they don't think they have a shot at the big club. His contract's up this season and though he'll be an RFA he might hold out on a contract, ask to be traded or something along those lines if he feels he has the skill to be playing in the NHL. We have a couple guys who might be leaving next season; Darche, Halpern, Boyd (I hope not), Pouliot, Kostitsyn. We'll have some openings for the young guys to come in, barring too many free agent signings, and if Pacioretty works his ass of he could very well be a top-6 guy next season.
To be honest I don't think he's the type. Call it a hunch but I just don't think he's unhappy here. Remember he's only 21 and I think he realizes he isn't ready yet. I'm sure he'll be pretty dominant in the AHL this year.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Habs Junkie

Prediction: Pacioretty will be this year's Subban. After a full season of dominating the AHL he will be called up right at the end of the season after an injury or trade and will dominate at the NHL level too. You heard it here first people!

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Komarov47

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
The important part is in the quote. Hes young!!! The AHL will be way better for him then the NHL playing 8'ish minutes per game.
But it will be the ultimate year for Max. Cause he had every chance to cracks the lineup but wans't able to make it, so whether he makes a great season in Hamilton and is good when the Habs call up him, or he is the new Chris Higgins.

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 02:02 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Big Bear View Post
But it will be the ultimate year for Max. Cause he had every chance to cracks the lineup but wans't able to make it, so whether he makes a great season in Hamilton and is good when the Habs call up him, or he is the new Chris Higgins.
He made it to the big show too early. He's 21.

KILLger is offline   Reply With Quote