HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

PS #5 - 10.01.2010 | Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
10-02-2010, 01:37 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
I would keep Christ over him for 1 reason.

He is a guaranteed shootout goal. Absolute money. Shootout wins can mean the difference between playoffs and no playoffs.
When he has confidence, yeah. But when he doesn't, then it'll just roll off his stick and he'll lose control before even getting a shot. I don't believe in keeping a guy just because of the shootout. EC certainly capable of bringing a lot more than that too, but it's about consistency. I hope he has a great year.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 03:01 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Staal. Is. AMAZING.

We should have won this game by at least 2 goals IMO. If not for spezza being loaded on super mario mushrooms tonight and half our Defenseman imitating wade redden on defense.

MDZ was BRUTAL, I felt like i was watching malik on the PP

and can someone please get eminger far FAR away from this team? Tell him to take white with him.

Stepan continues to impress and Prust was just unreal tonight, He made boogard score!....thats like Ovechkin not hitting the glass after a goal

EC needs to lighten up, He's our new naslund.
he needs to stop giving his "don't kick my dog" face expressions after scoring.

Last edited by FromTheSide: 10-02-2010 at 03:22 AM.
FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 03:08 AM
ohbaby

I wish Marc Staal would stop teasing me with these clutch game tying Brian Leetch moves already. I'll start to expect too much...

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 03:11 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

I want a Stepan jersey. Wonder what number he'll pick. Love this kid. Future captain? Maybe, but I still think Callahan will get it. I'd love to see Callahan with the C, Stepan and Gaborik with A's in a few years.

I'd be okay with Eminger as the 7th to start the season. I'd rather not have a youngster sit in the press box even if it was flat out alternating every other game with the #6. He looks unconfident and I felt bad that he had to endure an awful Trautwig interview and may not even stick with the team. I do like his positioning though, and I think if he gets a break and gets a little confidence boost, he could be a solid depth defenseman for us. There isn't much wrong with his game, but nothing is really better than average.

Callahan is going to have a huge year. Book it. He looks noticeably faster AND stronger... not to mention that he's been creating scoring chances for himself and his teammates out of plays that in the past, he would've just dumped the puck behind the net or chipped it into the zone. Callahan's offensive game has actually looked like more of what we expect from Dubinsky, and Dubinsky's offensive game has been rather lackluster. The chances are starting to come, but his timing is definitely not there yet.

And if he stays healthy, Avery is also going to have a big year.

And I expect Anisimov to make a strong case for first line center at some point this season. He's definitely got some chemistry with Frolov, imo. Also, like Callahan, he looks both stronger AND faster.

This team has a totally different feel to it so far. It even looks like they may have formed some kind of identity over the summer. There's just a swagger and overall attitude that seems vastly different from last year's team, even when they got on a roll at the end. I don't know what it is, but I hope it sticks.

Nice goal from Staal tonight. He needs to do that more often, once he gets moving at close to his top speed, he's pretty damn hard to knock off the puck.

Last edited by Zuccarello Awesome*: 10-02-2010 at 03:17 AM.
Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 03:13 AM
ohbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisWanchuk View Post
Who is the odd center out?

AA, Steps, EC, Drury, Boyle ?
Drury can play the wing. Seems Todd White's days are numbered.

Old
10-02-2010, 03:27 AM
Loffen
Legend

Stepan's shootout goal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNSmXiJJvWE

Dangle-icious.

Last edited by Loffen: 10-02-2010 at 03:32 AM.
Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 03:39 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
I don't know about you guys but alfredsson scares the crap out of me when he has the puck

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 03:48 AM
ohbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelZottoFutureNorris View Post
Callahan is going to have a huge year. Book it.

And if he stays healthy, Avery as well.

And I expect Anisimov to make a strong case for first line center at some point this season. He's definitely got some chemistry with Frolov, imo.

This team has a totally different feel to it so far. It even looks like they may have formed some kind of identity over the summer. There's just a swagger and overall attitude that seems vastly different from last year's team, even when they got on a roll at the end. I don't know what it is, but I hope it sticks.
Unfortunately, being a betting man I would book against it. Both Cally n Avery play too hard a game to remain healthy. I love them both and wish the best,.... just don't bet on them. They play a big mans game and they are not that big. And if they don't play hard, take it a little easier, they won't be effective, or help the team. They're kinda crash and burn players. These guys play with more bumps and bruises than you could imagine. This is why Avery is invisible some games (hurt) and in others dominating (healthy).

I agree with the swagger this team has now. You just knew when they fell behind 3-2, someone would step up with an amazing effort (Staal) to tie the game. They been doing it all pre-season. But then again, it's only pre-season. I feel this team might have came together during the stretch drive last year when they needed to win all their games to make the playoffs. And even though they misssed, I think they know they're a good team and could play with anybody. They came to camp with that attitude, that Swagger.

Old
10-02-2010, 04:12 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
cally looks faster this year than last.
Or just healthy for once...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 04:26 AM
Chimp

I just have to throw in my appreciation for Prust. He has been nothing short of great during his career here, given his responsibilities and expectations. He battles and his playmaking skill should be getting more praise. Having him on a 4th line almost automatically makes it an offensive threat.

I hope he remains a Ranger a long time.

Last edited by Chimp: 10-02-2010 at 04:32 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 04:28 AM
ohbaby

Well, if Stepan didn't solidify a spot on this team, tonight,... I don't know what will.

I'll go one step further. He is our #1 center. Although Torts might not place him there. Seems EC only plays his best with Gabby,... where as Stepan, can play with anybody!

Old
10-02-2010, 07:32 AM
Osminator

On Boogaard: He might have to call Easton and ask for a second stick for the season, he's on a hot streak

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 08:09 AM
terrrrrible

Boyle and Boogaard were the Rangers stars for this game? Should have been Prust and Stepan, or Prust and Staal.

terrrrrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 08:35 AM
alves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6saiGZaUW_U

All goals. Better quality than NHL.com's.

alves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Blazephr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crysis View Post

Nice job..you should do highlights like these after every game.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 09:04 AM
alves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
Nice job..you should do highlights like these after every game.
Will do.

alves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 09:05 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
I just have to throw in my appreciation for Prust. He has been nothing short of great during his career here, given his responsibilities and expectations. He battles and his playmaking skill should be getting more praise. Having him on a 4th line almost automatically makes it an offensive threat.

I hope he remains a Ranger a long time.
100%

Dude is a warrior with a ton of heart (and better skills than some give him credit for). If he were a homegrown guy, everyone would have a stiffy for him like they do for Cally.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 09:15 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I wouldn't go as far as to say we've played against mediocre goaltending completely- last game we were robbed of some very easy chances by Elliott standing on his head for a few seconds. Sure, a few goals were kinda soft, but not every goalie can be on their best every minute of the game. Hank's let in some softies, too.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 09:22 AM
FultonReed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post
I don't know about you guys but alfredsson scares the crap out of me when he has the puck
man, when i was at the game last night, i was sucked right in. Alfie is so amazing, even at age 37. what a treat to see him play live.

but to answer your question...yes. he scares the ever-living **** out of me. lol

FultonReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
100%

Dude is a warrior with a ton of heart (and better skills than some give him credit for). If he were a homegrown guy, everyone would have a stiffy for him like they do for Cally.
That's being a bit harsh, Prust is a sexy 4th line guy he has been quiet this pre season but I think they said he was sick or something? Anyway he will get his love from the fans even if he isn't homegrown you're just taking a shot at Cally haha.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Primetime Powerplay
Muh Offensive Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I wouldn't go as far as to say we've played against mediocre goaltending completely- last game we were robbed of some very easy chances by Elliott standing on his head for a few seconds. Sure, a few goals were kinda soft, but not every goalie can be on their best every minute of the game. Hank's let in some softies, too.
THAT IS BLASPHEMY!!!!!

Primetime Powerplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 10:35 AM
NYRangers09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crysis View Post

Is it possible for you to stream in that quality? That is unbelievable!

NYRangers09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 10:44 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
THAT IS BLASPHEMY!!!!!
I get the sarcasm (haha), but I think some of you guys have taken it to the other end of the extreme. On all of the goals yesterday the player had beaten one of our defenders or was untouched. Also, all the goals were scored right in front of the net. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't be thrilled if that's the kind of defense these guys are going to play on a regular basis this season.

I consider soft goals shots from the points that aren't deflected, shots behind defenders, shots from odd angles and stuff like that. I thought he was hung out to dry a bit yesterday

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 10:46 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Oh I wasn't talking all about this game (though one of the goals I think Hank definitely could've stopped), more the 2nd Devils game. Even then, you're right. Our defense has been ehh at best and pretty bad at worst. Then again, Hank should be used to that now and be prepared to stand on his head every second of every game .

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Blazephr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Those goals by the Sens were NOT softies. The defense left Hank vulnerable by very weak positioning and soft play.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote