HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pre #7: Sabres at Flyers - Friday, Oct. 1, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-02-2010, 11:16 AM
  #276
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
once again. learning a new system= struggling at times. that is a fact.
that is not a fact at all.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 11:33 AM
  #277
GirouxCouturier
GirouxMVP
 
GirouxCouturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
csnphilly usually has them.
Here's tonight's:
http://www.csnphilly.com/10/01/10/Fl...968&feedID=695
Thanks a lot

GirouxCouturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 12:41 PM
  #278
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
that is not a fact at all.
yes it is. when teams aren't collectively on the same page, they struggle.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 12:54 PM
  #279
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
yes it is. when teams aren't collectively on the same page, they struggle.
From one habitual debater to another, some arguments aren't even worth having.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 01:00 PM
  #280
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
From one habitual debater to another, some arguments aren't even worth having.
I was just about to say this. well something similar. Some people just like to argue for the sake of arguing.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 01:17 PM
  #281
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
yes it is. when teams aren't collectively on the same page, they struggle.
his statement was: once again. learning a new system= struggling at times. that is a fact.

Well every player struggles at times, not just because of a new system. so when you acquirwe someone, he gets off to a great start. then 2 months down the line he struggles. Dont think that has to do with the system.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 01:38 PM
  #282
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
his statement was: once again. learning a new system= struggling at times. that is a fact.

Well every player struggles at times, not just because of a new system. so when you acquirwe someone, he gets off to a great start. then 2 months down the line he struggles. Dont think that has to do with the system.
A great start as far as production does not necessarily mean that the player isn't struggling with the system (players do get "lucky"). If you don't know where your teammates are, or are going to be... that's a problem, even if it isn't necessarily burning you for whatever reason.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 02:12 PM
  #283
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,620
vCash: 500
Anyone else see the instant chemistry between Gustafsson and Timonen. Even if I like how he is playing and think he should make the team (and on last years team would have easily) I think their gonna send him back down anyway. Homer doesnt want to look like a retard for getting Meszaros and O'Donnell and one of them being sent down is a blow to him. Even if Gustafsson is outperforming the both of them, he will get sent down anyway (this is not even counting that Gustafsson is making less then all of them... for the next 3 seasons)

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 02:19 PM
  #284
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Anyone else see the instant chemistry between Gustafsson and Timonen. Even if I like how he is playing and think he should make the team (and on last years team would have easily) I think their gonna send him back down anyway. Homer doesnt want to look like a retard for getting Meszaros and O'Donnell and one of them being sent down is a blow to him. Even if Gustafsson is outperforming the both of them, he will get sent down anyway (this is not even counting that Gustafsson is making less then all of them... for the next 3 seasons)
Given the salary cap ramifications of the Meszaros trade (both this year and long-term), he'd probably have to knock up Snider's granddaughter and ditch her or something to not make this team.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 02:39 PM
  #285
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Anyone else see the instant chemistry between Gustafsson and Timonen. Even if I like how he is playing and think he should make the team (and on last years team would have easily) I think their gonna send him back down anyway. Homer doesnt want to look like a retard for getting Meszaros and O'Donnell and one of them being sent down is a blow to him. Even if Gustafsson is outperforming the both of them, he will get sent down anyway (this is not even counting that Gustafsson is making less then all of them... for the next 3 seasons)
This is why it was so short sighted to acquire Mezaros. Now if they liked Mezaros over Coburn or Calre, than one of them should have been moved. It was not needed. It basicaly killed any chance for any young player to make the team, no matter how good they may have played. You sign odonnel to shore up the bototm pairing is fine. You let one of the young guys battle it out for the #6 spot. If they show they cant handle it then you can easily acquire a bottom pairign guy who can help without breaking the bank. Mottou signed for what 800k, guys will be on waivers.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 03:26 PM
  #286
flyersfan187
Registered User
 
flyersfan187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Morrisdale, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
This is why it was so short sighted to acquire Mezaros. Now if they liked Mezaros over Coburn or Calre, than one of them should have been moved. It was not needed. It basicaly killed any chance for any young player to make the team, no matter how good they may have played. You sign odonnel to shore up the bototm pairing is fine. You let one of the young guys battle it out for the #6 spot. If they show they cant handle it then you can easily acquire a bottom pairign guy who can help without breaking the bank. Mottou signed for what 800k, guys will be on waivers.
Like last year?

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 03:30 PM
  #287
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
Like last year?
??? There are always people out there. Homer decided not to go for them though.

Sorry that most of us arent happy with paying a THIRD PAIRING 5.1 million.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 03:47 PM
  #288
flyersfan187
Registered User
 
flyersfan187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Morrisdale, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
??? There are always people out there. Homer decided not to go for them though.

Sorry that most of us arent happy with paying a THIRD PAIRING 5.1 million.
I'm not happy at all about paying the third pairing that much either. I was just saying that last year we ended up with crap as a third pairing and if we would have lost anyone in the top 4 due to injury we would have been screwed and probably wouldn't have made it out of the first round in the playoffs. With getting O'donnell and Mezzz we have a great 3 pairing D. And we have a player that will move up to the 1st or 2nd line depending on injuries and this team will not miss much of a beat (unless its Pronger or Kimmo getting injured)

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 03:55 PM
  #289
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
I'm not happy at all about paying the third pairing that much either. I was just saying that last year we ended up with crap as a third pairing and if we would have lost anyone in the top 4 due to injury we would have been screwed and probably wouldn't have made it out of the first round in the playoffs. With getting O'donnell and Mezzz we have a great 3 pairing D. And we have a player that will move up to the 1st or 2nd line depending on injuries and this team will not miss much of a beat (unless its Pronger or Kimmo getting injured)
Yea, a great 3rd pairing IF Mez and O'Donnell can get their **** straight. O'Donnell isnt that bad and a good signing and being honest, I would like Mez for alot less money. But for the way he has played the past 2 seasons, on yes, I know a ****** team, he doesnt deserve the money he gets. Being honest, I dont trust either one of them on the top 4 if one of our guys gets hurt for a long period of time. Mezz showed he could not take the pressure (he was young, only 22 at the time but still) and OD is reallllyyy old and pretty slow. He doesnt f up the passes which is nice, but he isnt going to be able to take top 4 minutes.

I just think there were cheaper guys out there who could be fine. It goes to show Homer really doesnt have trust in the farm. Now guys who might deserve some NHL time (Gustaffson, and maybe Bourdon) wont get to play no matter how well they play. Its Homer covering his own ass.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 04:02 PM
  #290
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
I'm not happy at all about paying the third pairing that much either. I was just saying that last year we ended up with crap as a third pairing and if we would have lost anyone in the top 4 due to injury we would have been screwed and probably wouldn't have made it out of the first round in the playoffs. With getting O'donnell and Mezzz we have a great 3 pairing D. And we have a player that will move up to the 1st or 2nd line depending on injuries and this team will not miss much of a beat (unless its Pronger or Kimmo getting injured)
Well they had a crap 3rd pairing because the GM choose not to improve it. That could be for several reasons. 1. Thought what they had was good enough. 2. no cap space. 3. No picks or prospects to offer.

You dont acquire someone on the premise that if one of your top 2 dman get hurt he could step in. You dont spend over 5mm for your 3rd pair d. There are cheaper options who will get you the same production asn still allow you to rest the top 2 more than lastyear.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 04:37 PM
  #291
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,636
vCash: 500
Does anybody think Leino should play with Carter???

I think that combo has serious potential.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 04:57 PM
  #292
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post
Does anybody think Leino should play with Carter???

I think that combo has serious potential.
Hartnell-Richards-xxxx
JVR-Giroux-Zherdev
Leino-Carter-xxxx
Shelley-Betts-Powe

Fill in the x's with what you want.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 05:08 PM
  #293
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Hartnell-Richards-xxxx
JVR-Giroux-Zherdev
Leino-Carter-xxxx
Shelley-Betts-Powe

Fill in the x's with what you want.
Hartnell-Briere-Leino
Zherdev - Richards - Giroux
JVR - Carter - Powe?
Shelley - Betts - Holmstrom?

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 05:12 PM
  #294
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Hartnell-Briere-Leino
Zherdev - Richards - Giroux
JVR - Carter - Powe?
Shelley - Betts - Holmstrom?
Oh crap, I forgot about Briere . Also, don't forget Carcillo

Zherdev-Richards-Giroux
JVR-Carter-Carcillo
Hartnell-Briere-Leino
Shelley-Betts-Powe

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 05:21 PM
  #295
agrudez*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
I like these lines:

JVR - Carter - Leino
Zherdev - Briere - Giroux
Hartnell - Richards - Carcillo
Powe - Betts - Shelley/AHLer

The first line, with putting Carter and JVR together, would be lightning quick and big (it seems like at least JVR is starting to use his size, too) and I agree that Leino has showed nice chemistry with Carter in the preseason.

That second line is all sorts of gifted offensively, I would probably sub Hartnell for Giroux so that they get some size, but Giroux and Zherdev have had so much chemistry this preseason it is tough to break them up.

The third line becomes your shutdown line with 2 crash and bangers in Carcillo and Hartnell and your Selke candidate captain anchoring the middle.

The 4th line, as Lavi would say, is what it is, but at least it is strong defensively with Powe and Betts.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 05:26 PM
  #296
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,620
vCash: 500
Carter-Richards-Zherdev
Leino-Briere-Hartnell
JVR-Giroux-Holmstrom
Shelly-Betts-Carcillo/Powe


So far during preseason, Carcillo hasnt shown he deserves a top 9 spot. Even if you argue he is hurt, that makes a even better case that he shouldnt be in the top 9.


Also Lavy seems to see Giroux as a center. He has played there all preseason so far, and after how well he is doing, I doubt they switch him.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 05:31 PM
  #297
agrudez*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Carter-Richards-Zherdev
Leino-Briere-Hartnell
JVR-Giroux-Holmstrom
Shelly-Betts-Carcillo/Powe


So far during preseason, Carcillo hasnt shown he deserves a top 9 spot. Even if you argue he is hurt, that makes a even better case that he shouldnt be in the top 9.


Also Lavy seems to see Giroux as a center. He has played there all preseason so far, and after how well he is doing, I doubt they switch him.
I like Carter on Richards wing, but I just don't see how it works.

Also, having watched the preseason, how in the world do you separate Zherdev and Giroux? They look like they are on another plane of existence when they are together.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 05:34 PM
  #298
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
I like Carter on Richards wing, but I just don't see how it works.

Also, having watched the preseason, how in the world do you separate Zherdev and Giroux? They look like they are on another plane of existence when they are together.
Yea I agree. I was just going with what I tohught might happen. I wouldnt mind:

JVR-Richards-Carter
Leino-Briere-Hartnell
Zherdev-Giroux-Holmstrom
Shelly-Betts-Powe/Carcillo

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 05:35 PM
  #299
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Carter-Richards-Zherdev
Leino-Briere-Hartnell
JVR-Giroux-Holmstrom
Shelly-Betts-Carcillo/Powe


So far during preseason, Carcillo hasnt shown he deserves a top 9 spot. Even if you argue he is hurt, that makes a even better case that he shouldnt be in the top 9.


Also Lavy seems to see Giroux as a center. He has played there all preseason so far, and after how well he is doing, I doubt they switch him.
Don't really like those lines.. Carter and Richards together is not really good. They seem not to have chemistry. Its hard to separate Giroux and Z. The only time Carcillo looks decent in the top 9 is when he is with Richards.. For some reason he makes better passes and just looks better overall. Holmstrom with JVR and G?? Nope. Holmstrom should go back to the phantoms. I like him at center because he can win draws. We have a logjam at center so there is no room for him. Id like to see Leino with Carter. For some reason i think Carter would explode with Leino on his wing. They had some nice chemistry against the Sabres.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 05:39 PM
  #300
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post
Don't really like those lines.. Carter and Richards together is not really good. They seem not to have chemistry. Its hard to separate Giroux and Z. The only time Carcillo looks decent in the top 9 is when he is with Richards.. For some reason he makes better passes and just looks better overall. Holmstrom with JVR and G?? Nope. Holmstrom should go back to the phantoms. I like him at center because he can win draws. We have a logjam at center so there is no room for him. Id like to see Leino with Carter. For some reason i think Carter would explode with Leino on his wing. They had some nice chemistry against the Sabres.
What I think would happen is what my post was before. I 100% dont think Carcillo should be in top 9. Its unfair to put him there when he has had a terrible terribleee preseason and some say he is in pain due to his surgury or whatever. Sorry not trusting a guy who is in pain to play in our top 9 where we expect him to atleast keep up with his teammates, if not do something offensively for the team. He killed his linemates last night and the other games. Then switch Holmstrom to center with Giroux on wing. Holmstrom is decent enough offensively to play with them while bringing the defensive side that Zherdev and even Giroux dont have as much of.

Personally, I still think Guerin will be signed (hope not but just have this feeling... plus the whole Meet the Flyers thing). Then it will look like:

JVR-Richards-Carter
Leino-Briere-Hartnell
Zherdev-Giroux-Guerin
Shelly-Betts-Powe

3rd line defensively makes babies cry... but what can you do...

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.