HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

WC: Apr 30 GDT - Finland vs. Denmark

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-30-2005, 04:03 PM
  #51
wilka91*
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by finska
Looking at the goaltending situation... This was the second time that Norrena only faced around 15 shots, and still let in 1. I don't know if this is a fair assesment....but his save percentage is not looking that great.
that's the most stupid thing I've ever heard.

14 saves on 15 shots : 93.3% ... oh my God, he's soooooo bad!

good goalies allow only 1 goal on 50 shots, right?

Quote:
What would happen if the opposing team peppered him with 30-40 shots?
Guess what, he would allow 1, 2, 3 or 4 goals!

wilka91* is offline  
Old
04-30-2005, 04:10 PM
  #52
ThinMcWhistle
Registered User
 
ThinMcWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern hemisphere
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilka91
that's the most stupid thing I've ever heard.

14 saves on 15 shots : 93.3% ... oh my God, he's soooooo bad!

good goalies allow only 1 goal on 50 shots, right?



Guess what, he would allow 1, 2, 3 or 4 goals!
Hey, you are entitled to your opinion...So am I.
I was also talking about the last game that Norrena played against Latvia. Where he faces around the same amout of shots and let in 2 goals. That would be around 86%. It's not bad, but seeing as the defence is doing it's job. I would expect a little more from the goalie (if he is to be considered good).

We are also talking about Denmark and Latvia here.. No offence, but the quality of those shots if probably not the same as that of Canada or Russia.

We will see...

ThinMcWhistle is offline  
Old
04-30-2005, 04:25 PM
  #53
Padawan
Former *********
 
Padawan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Jyvaskyla, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by finska
Looking at the goaltending situation... This was the second time that Norrena only faced around 15 shots, and still let in 1. I don't know if this is a fair assesment....but his save percentage is not looking that great. What would happen if the opposing team peppered him with 30-40 shots?
These games are difficult for goalies where they can't get a good rhythm going on. And when they don't have good rhythm going on so the shots are more difficult to save. I'd say considering this situation, Norrena played an ok game. The only goal Team Denmark did was a result of sloppy play by Team Finland's defence. The let the guy skate right in to the best scoring sector and the shots was a good one. Norrena had little chance of saving that shot, but he could have saved it. That's why I said he had an ok game instead of a great game.

If he wouold face against 30-40 shots, I'd say he would play better than he did today. Goalies in general play better with more shots coming in.

Padawan is offline  
Old
04-30-2005, 04:43 PM
  #54
The Imp
Registered User
 
The Imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,312
vCash: 500
Staal to have surgery Saturday. Suffered a "severe" laceration of the right foot, cut by a skate. The extent of the damage is as yet unknown, but some tendons could be affected. Sounds eerily like that injury Audette suffered a few years ago, to the wrist.

The Imp is offline  
Old
04-30-2005, 04:48 PM
  #55
ThinMcWhistle
Registered User
 
ThinMcWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern hemisphere
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,428
vCash: 500
re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan
These games are difficult for goalies where they can't get a good rhythm going on. And when they don't have good rhythm going on so the shots are more difficult to save. I'd say considering this situation, Norrena played an ok game. The only goal Team Denmark did was a result of sloppy play by Team Finland's defence. The let the guy skate right in to the best scoring sector and the shots was a good one. Norrena had little chance of saving that shot, but he could have saved it. That's why I said he had an ok game instead of a great game.

If he wouold face against 30-40 shots, I'd say he would play better than he did today. Goalies in general play better with more shots coming in.
You may be right.. I might be jumping down Norrena's throat too early here. My problem is that I didn't get to see the game on TV, I only saw the score and stats. Maybe if I had seen the game live, I would have a different take on the situation. Thanks TSN for not showing this game

ThinMcWhistle is offline  
Old
04-30-2005, 05:09 PM
  #56
Padawan
Former *********
 
Padawan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Jyvaskyla, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by petelars
Staal to have surgery Saturday. Suffered a "severe" laceration of the right foot, cut by a skate. The extent of the damage is as yet unknown, but some tendons could be affected. Sounds eerily like that injury Audette suffered a few years ago, to the wrist.
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he recovers soon. Injuries are part of the game but I hate to see it happen so every time...

Padawan is offline  
Old
04-30-2005, 05:23 PM
  #57
psycho_dad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saint John, N.B
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilka91

good goalies allow only 1 goal on 50 shots, right?
Well..YES.

That goal was not his fault, but it was Denmarks ONLY scoring chance in the game. Hard to say really...If Denmark had like 4-5 scoring chances in the game and Norrena let in one, that would have been good...this time we wont see how he would have been in the 4 other chances. But then again...Brodeur sucked also

psycho_dad is online now  
Old
05-01-2005, 04:10 AM
  #58
Ajacied
Remember #9
 
Ajacied's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 23,128
vCash: 500
What is it with Niko Kapanen whenever he puts on a Finland jersey..

Ajacied is offline  
Old
05-01-2005, 05:32 AM
  #59
Jokerit Wasp
Registered User
 
Jokerit Wasp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 809
vCash: 500
Norrena played a solid game.

Poor defence from Finland allowed the Dane to skate in loads of open ice right at Norrena and fire a lazer RIGHT in the TOP CORNER....not many NMs would have saved it, had it been Heatley/Jokinen/Zetterberg who shot it, everyone would be saying "wow, what a shot".

Im not saying Norrena is the best in the tourny, but yesterday he couldnt have done anything more than he did.

Jokerit Wasp is offline  
Old
05-01-2005, 05:51 AM
  #60
Streaker-man
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Finland
Country:
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
What is it with Niko Kapanen whenever he puts on a Finland jersey..
The energy in the teletubbie line! Pure chemistry between Niko, Timo Pärssinen and Jukka Hentunen! (Sometimes featuring J. Jokinen)

Streaker-man is offline  
Old
05-01-2005, 06:36 AM
  #61
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher
 
Vikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bustoville
Country: Sweden
Posts: 12,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by petelars
Staal to have surgery Saturday. Suffered a "severe" laceration of the right foot, cut by a skate. The extent of the damage is as yet unknown, but some tendons could be affected. Sounds eerily like that injury Audette suffered a few years ago, to the wrist.
The Swedish broadcast said he got cut over a toe (how the hell can a skate cut through the skate there?). He wont be back for this WC's

Vikke is offline  
Old
05-01-2005, 07:47 AM
  #62
mikkoz
Registered User
 
mikkoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: now, here!
Country: Finland
Posts: 822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilka91
that's the most stupid thing I've ever heard.
Agreed, lets send Brodeaur back to Canada, he was so bad against Latvia.

mikkoz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.