Chance for a Spotless Preseason. 6 PM

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Ashe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
The only real bright spot is that if you are going to go on a 6 game losing streak, there is no better time than the preseason.

Blowing a 3rd period lead is not good, and Mason gave up at least one bad goal.

Hainsey better wake up, before he ends up in the AHL.
Ship him and another plug to Edmonton for Souray. Ill take that defensiveless assclown because he can run a god damn powerplay

Old
10-02-2010, 07:29 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

I'm calling it right now, mark me down as a jerk, I don't care, but we get pasted by Washington.....6 or even 7 - 1. They have been together for a few years and they will be zipping passes all over to open guys.

We had a very small team out there tonight and got knocked all over the place. But even when Byfuglien and Antropov get in there, do we have any "sniper skill?" I think not, so like I said, we're going to have to be perfect to win games.

Souray got waived. I don't want that garbage.

Old
10-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post
Souray got waived. I don't want that garbage.
Rumor has it, he'll be coming back up through re-entry waivers. If that happens, it wouldn't be a bad idea to waive Hainsey and pick up Souray at half price.

Old
10-02-2010, 07:35 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

That, I might do, but is he a locker room cancer? My guess is the Isles would be the team grabbing him to take Streit's place.

Old
10-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Ashe

Quote:
That, I might do, but is he a locker room cancer? My guess is the Isles would be the team grabbing him to take Streit's place.

The dude got treated like **** last year by Edmonton Brass and coaching. Whats his name who coached is known for expecting guys to play when hurt.

Peverly was waiver material. How did that turn out for us? a 50 point guy a year? Souray helps us now, and in the future to help teach the youth. You want lockerroom cancer. Go look at the Russians we just shipped off.

Old
10-02-2010, 07:40 PM
The Sneak

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=57089

Can someone help me read this? I could swear that it says Toronto was the best team in the east last preseason and can it be? The Chicago Blackhawks were the worst team in the western conference? The Penguins the worst in the east? How can that be? They had good seasons last year and pre-season results are so very important!

Old
10-02-2010, 07:42 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

The defense should be Bogo-Enstrom, Oduya-Byfuglien, and Sopel-Meyer.

I hope they don't think Hainsey automatically plays based on salary. They've been singing his praises and it sounds a lot like how they wished Kovy to be a team guy by heaping praise on his ass too. Hainsey was called out for giving the puck away several times too. I don't trust or like him out there. He is added to the chain-letter list of Tremblay, Tamer, Sutton, and Exelby as craptacular D-men.

PS....Ashe -- look at my post above again, I asked a question about Souray because I don't know if he is considered bad news. He's been on several teams and if he's hurt all the time, why would we need him anyways. I know he has a wonky shoulder.

Also, Nashville was hoping to sneak Pevs down. EVERYONE knows Souray and Redden and Huet were waived because they weren't wanted.

Old
10-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Ashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sneak View Post
http://oilers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=57089

Can someone help me read this? I could swear that it says Toronto was the best team in the east last preseason and can it be? The Chicago Blackhawks were the worst team in the western conference? The Penguins the worst in the east? How can that be? They had good seasons last year and pre-season results are so very important!
Did you watch any of those games? Toronto looked goodbecause the system was understood by the rookies and influx of new players quickly. The system rolled super well with everyone. Because it was bush league.

Chicago knew there system and didnt have a lot of adapting to do, to let some of the rookies get rolling and give the big guys some extra rest. Same with Pitts.

We have 6+ new players, New System, Offensive and Defensive, For a team that had offense offense offense for the past 4. The results are discouraging to no end as progress seems to be slow. This game looked better then the rest. But there is no reason for hainsey to be an assclown, zubarev to be out of position twice and fall down doing a twirl.

Old
10-02-2010, 07:47 PM
StevenintheATL

Well look on the bright side, they scored three goals.....

I wouldn't mind giving Souray a look if the Oilers put him on re-entry waivers. $2.25M the Thrashers would be on the hook for isn't too terribly bad, especially considering Hainsey's getting $5M.

Old
10-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Ashe

Quote:
The defense should be Bogo-Enstrom, Oduya-Byfuglien, and Sopel-Meyer.

I hope they don't think Hainsey automatically plays based on salary. They've been singing his praises and it sounds a lot like how they wished Kovy to be a team guy by heaping praise on his ass too. Hainsey was called out for giving the puck away several times too. I don't trust or like him out there. He is added to the chain-letter list of Tremblay, Tamer, Sutton, and Exelby as craptacular D-men.

PS....Ashe -- look at my post above again, I asked a question about Souray because I don't know if he is considered bad news. He's been on several teams and if he's hurt all the time, why would we need him anyways. I know he has a wonky shoulder.
He has never been hated anywhere. And shoulder issues became a factor in Edmonton more then ever. I get the pleasure(displeasure?) Of hearing nothing but Oiler talk, and all oiler fans i know love the guy and how much he does for the team and powerplay.

Old
10-02-2010, 07:48 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
The dude got treated like **** last year by Edmonton Brass and coaching. Whats his name who coached is known for expecting guys to play when hurt.
Yeah, the Souray thing is not about his talent. He called out the Edmonton brass pretty harshly, and demanded a trade. Kind of hard to walk back from that.

Old
10-02-2010, 07:51 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Dawes - Burmistrov - Modin line all were +2.

Bergfors - Peverley - Kane -3 except that Bergfors managed to get off the ice before the third puck went in.

Zubarev and Kulda might not even come back to Atlanta with the team knowing how cheap the owners are. They might have to catch a bus to Chicago from Columbus!

Old
10-02-2010, 07:56 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

First NHL team to go winless in preseason in 8 seasons.

Old
10-02-2010, 08:07 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

But at least we have strong crowd support! So much so that OTHER teams had to practically GIVE AWAY FREE TICKETS to get people in the arena to support the team during preseason!!!!

And at least Jeremy Morin made the Chicago roster and will play with Kane and Sharp.

Ramsay needs to buy a couple of "Shooter Tutors" and get these guys practicing hitting the top corners.

Old
10-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Shameus

I think the Buff trade is going to end up eclipsing the Coburn deal.

Old
10-02-2010, 09:42 PM
atleternal
Sautee Nacoochee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post
Confirm. I never understood why that exchange was so “blockbuster” to begin with. It’s not like we replaced Kovalchuks goals with the Chicago trade. I’m with you, that trade seems more and more likely to be a bust. Calling ASF, calling ASF, front and center dude.

Old
10-02-2010, 09:55 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

In my opinion, Ladd has so far been the best part of the deal and I'd rather we just've tried like, just Ladd-for-Vishnevsky and left the other two alone/inquired about Versteeg. I have no clue why Dudley wanted Aliu/Eager over one of Versteeg/Sharp. That had bothered me at the time of the trade- it went away, but now that feeling is bothering me again. This franchise has always had a history of just missing the guy they really needed (Coburn over Dion Phaneuf in '03, imo, was Waddell's worst mistake, even without LOL20/20HINDSIGHT). I don't think it was a necessarily bad deal but I have a terrible feeling that in 3 years someone's going to see this post and just go, "lol".

But enough woe-is-me after all of preseason. The continuous stretch of one-goal losses shows that we're there, but just not there yet. We need to tighten up at points and get better and that'll (hopefully) happen over the course of the season as our young guys come into form.

I expect the opening night lines to be:
Ladd-Little-Bergfors
Kane-Antropov-Peverley
Modin-Burmstrov-Pettersson
Eager-Thorburn-Stewart

Enstrom-Bogosian
Oduya-Byfuglien
Sopel-Meyer

Mason Pavelec

Old
10-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Personally I never understood why losing Kovalchuk's goals was such a big loss. We had it for many many years and it lead to 1 post season sweep and many other playoff-less seasons.

Yet so many people wanted to keep Kovalchuk and stay with the same trend pretty much since the Thrashers inception... Why exactly again, so we could continue to lose but have that one shining guy who will score and at the end of the day lead us to the golf course in April....

I'm having difficulty trying to comprehend the hesitance for the entrance to the 1st season without a guy that lead us to nothing..

Can we maybe be open to trying something new for a change..

Old
10-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Aaronxxx

for me, the biggest reason i'm not worried about the season is ramsay. i'm confident he won't give anyone an easy ride. if the team decides not to show up for one game, they'll feel it the next day.

Old
10-02-2010, 10:17 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post
I would not get too worried about that yet. The Hawks lost 3 wingers, and did not do much to replace them. Someone was going to luck into a spot in their Top 6 due to their salary cap issues.

Old
10-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Shameus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronxxx View Post
for me, the biggest reason i'm not worried about the season is ramsay. i'm confident he won't give anyone an easy ride. if the team decides not to show up for one game, they'll feel it the next day.
Oh I agree with that. I am more than willing to give Ramsey and Co. time to iron everything out. Getting the Top 9 ironed out during the first 2 weeks with that road trip (which I think will help more than hurt due to bonding and time spent practicing instead of at home) I think is huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
I would not get too worried about that yet. The Hawks lost 3 wingers, and did not do much to replace them. Someone was going to luck into a spot in their Top 6 due to their salary cap issues.
No I agree, losing a lot of pieces with their Cap situation meant replacements were going to be rookies or cheap pieces. Buttttttttttttttttttttttttt, at the same time, if Buff doesn't turn in a solid year. Our return for a young Top 6 wing, and 1st round pick (forget the rest) will have been a 4th line wing, questionable prospect, a second pairing defenseman, and a one year bottom pairing defenseman. With that said I will give this a full season before I make my final judgement.

Old
10-03-2010, 07:35 AM
TasteofFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Personally I never understood why losing Kovalchuk's goals was such a big loss. We had it for many many years and it lead to 1 post season sweep and many other playoff-less seasons.

Yet so many people wanted to keep Kovalchuk and stay with the same trend pretty much since the Thrashers inception... Why exactly again, so we could continue to lose but have that one shining guy who will score and at the end of the day lead us to the golf course in April....

I'm having difficulty trying to comprehend the hesitance for the entrance to the 1st season without a guy that lead us to nothing..

Can we maybe be open to trying something new for a change..
Its the South...Change is bad.

Old
10-03-2010, 09:14 AM
AintLifeGrand

Morin was never too keen on being Thrashers property and would have never stayed with us long term, so I don't see why people are freaking out. Dudley cut his losses while he could and traded him for another valuable asset before having to deal with Morin's attitude when it came to signing him.

Old
10-03-2010, 09:18 AM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Morin reminded me (and still does) of another crybaby we had a long time ago that wore #15

Old
10-03-2010, 09:36 AM
The Sneak

Unbelievable the justifications some people make. There is a CBA in place that protects teams from the sort of stuff y'all are talking about. Morin would have to lump it (if these totally random accusations are true) if the Thrashers elected to keep him. If he was truly miserable playing NHL hockey in Atlanta he could go sell cars or play in Russia

Closed Thread