HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pre #7: Sabres at Flyers - Friday, Oct. 1, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-02-2010, 05:42 PM
  #301
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28
 
King Forsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,656
vCash: 500
I think right now it seems to be pairs of players having chemistry rather than whole lines.

Hartnell Richards Briere
Carcillo/Guerin Carter Leino
JVR Giroux Zherdev
Shelley Betts Powe

Carle Pronger
Coburn Timonen
Meszaros O'Donnell

Boucher
Bobrovsky

King Forsberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 05:45 PM
  #302
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
What I think would happen is what my post was before. I 100% dont think Carcillo should be in top 9. Its unfair to put him there when he has had a terrible terribleee preseason and some say he is in pain due to his surgury or whatever. Sorry not trusting a guy who is in pain to play in our top 9 where we expect him to atleast keep up with his teammates, if not do something offensively for the team. He killed his linemates last night and the other games. Then switch Holmstrom to center with Giroux on wing. Holmstrom is decent enough offensively to play with them while bringing the defensive side that Zherdev and even Giroux dont have as much of.

Personally, I still think Guerin will be signed (hope not but just have this feeling... plus the whole Meet the Flyers thing). Then it will look like:

JVR-Richards-Carter
Leino-Briere-Hartnell
Zherdev-Giroux-Guerin
Shelly-Betts-Powe
He has been bad the whole pre-season. I just rewatched the game and i thought he had a decent game last night. He made very good passes and didn't turn the puck over. Made some good hits. So think your assessment on him playing terrible last night was pretty wrong.

Guerin making this team would make me sick. He would kill the Giroux and Zherdev line worst then Carcillo ever would because Billy cannot keep up in the play with those two. I think we are going to see mixing and matching a lot because there is just too much skill in the top 9 to have set lines. Lavy will be looking to see who has it with who. I think its a given that the Leino-Briere-Hartnell line is together opening night based off of the chemistry from the playoffs.

Homlstrom would probably be pretty good. I think his crash and bang high energy style could be pretty good for that line. Slap a couple rebounds in.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 06:08 PM
  #303
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 16,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post
He has been bad the whole pre-season. I just rewatched the game and i thought he had a decent game last night. He made very good passes and didn't turn the puck over. Made some good hits. So think your assessment on him playing terrible last night was pretty wrong.

Guerin making this team would make me sick. He would kill the Giroux and Zherdev line worst then Carcillo ever would because Billy cannot keep up in the play with those two. I think we are going to see mixing and matching a lot because there is just too much skill in the top 9 to have set lines. Lavy will be looking to see who has it with who. I think its a given that the Leino-Briere-Hartnell line is together opening night based off of the chemistry from the playoffs.

Homlstrom would probably be pretty good. I think his crash and bang high energy style could be pretty good for that line. Slap a couple rebounds in.
Meh. I wasnt the only one that thought Carcillo didnt do well. On other forums Im on, some people were saying the same thing, hense why the whole "Carcillo has been hurt the past few weeks" thing came from. There were many times where we had a rush and even our d-men were beating him into the zone. He did make some good hits (got great check of the game) but thats really it. On a scoring line that isnt gonna cut it. And before someone jumps on me "he is good along the boards". F'ing Nodl is better along the boards and can play the pk....and I dont even like Nodl in the top 9. I counted a few times he did turn the puck over (I think even once it turned into an odd man rush). But hey oh well.

Like I said, I would prefer Holmstrom to play as I do think he has the talent and faceoff ability (I'm 99% sure I read he has won most his faceoffs, not only against scrub players either) to play 3rd line center between Giroux and Zherdev. The thing is though, unless he plays it tomarrow and scores some goals between decent players, which I dont think he will, I have a feeling he will be sent back down infavor of Guerin.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 06:17 PM
  #304
mirimon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Wrong Town
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Giroux - Richards - Zherdev
JvR - Carter - Powe
Hartnell - Brière - Leino
Carcillo - Betts - Shelley

to start the season? The Brière line stays intact, at least for the first few games, and hopefully the Roo/Zherdev chemistry continues. Maybe have Richards at wing? I prefer Powe over Carcillo when the center is Carter, that fourth line lacks a bit of speed though perhaps.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 07:17 PM
  #305
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,234
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Giroux - Richards - Zherdev
JvR - Carter - Powe
Hartnell - Brière - Leino
Carcillo - Betts - Shelley

to start the season? The Brière line stays intact, at least for the first few games, and hopefully the Roo/Zherdev chemistry continues. Maybe have Richards at wing? I prefer Powe over Carcillo when the center is Carter, that fourth line lacks a bit of speed though perhaps.
I actually think Betts and Carcillo are pretty decent skaters. Certainly not fast though.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 08:08 PM
  #306
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing
 
RevUpThoseGolfCarts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,811
vCash: 500
If Carcillo doesn't cut it, I wonder what people will do with their "Fear The Stache" shirts.

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 08:12 PM
  #307
Stockholm Syndrome
____________________
 
Stockholm Syndrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: O'Neals Pub
Country: United States
Posts: 1,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Yea I agree. I was just going with what I tohught might happen. I wouldnt mind:

JVR-Richards-Carter
Leino-Briere-Hartnell
Zherdev-Giroux-Holmstrom
Shelly-Betts-Powe/Carcillo
Now that is a solid line up. Screw Billy G. Bring in Holmstrom. Keep Carcillo where he belongs.

Stockholm Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2010, 10:01 PM
  #308
agrudez*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Maybe have Richards at wing?
I think from now on I am just going to automatically discredit anything anyone says after they make this statement. You want to move one of the top 5 two-way forwards and the team's hands down best defensive center to the wing, a position where defense is not as important. Just listen to yourselves sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseFlyers View Post
If Carcillo doesn't cut it, I wonder what people will do with their "Fear The Stache" shirts.
Haha, I was thinking the same thing. There are gonna be alot of broken hearts when people realize that Carcillo and Shelley will likely be splitting time in the lineup this year.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 02:27 AM
  #309
mypunkrock
Registered User
 
mypunkrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Giroux - Richards - Zherdev
JvR - Carter - Powe
Hartnell - Brière - Leino
Carcillo - Betts - Shelley

to start the season? The Brière line stays intact, at least for the first few games, and hopefully the Roo/Zherdev chemistry continues. Maybe have Richards at wing? I prefer Powe over Carcillo when the center is Carter, that fourth line lacks a bit of speed though perhaps.
I would tweak this lineup, probably switch JvR and Roo. Holmstrom in for Shelley. I think that could be a really dangerous lineup.

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 09:48 AM
  #310
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 42,184
vCash: 2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseFlyers View Post
If Carcillo doesn't cut it, I wonder what people will do with their "Fear The Stache" shirts.
Next to the "Chicago 2016" shirts


MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 12:32 PM
  #311
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,234
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Giroux - Richards - Zherdev
JvR - Carter - Powe
Hartnell - Brière - Leino
Carcillo - Betts - Shelley

to start the season? The Brière line stays intact, at least for the first few games, and hopefully the Roo/Zherdev chemistry continues. Maybe have Richards at wing? I prefer Powe over Carcillo when the center is Carter, that fourth line lacks a bit of speed though perhaps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
I would tweak this lineup, probably switch JvR and Roo. Holmstrom in for Shelley. I think that could be a really dangerous lineup.

JVR - Richards - Zherdev
Giroux - Carter - Powe
Hartnell - Brière - Leino
Holmstrom - Betts - Shelley/Carcillo splitting time


Well done gentlemen. I love that line up actually. I think Powe could work on the forecheck on Carter's line really really well.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 03:32 PM
  #312
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
JVR - Richards - Zherdev
Giroux - Carter - Powe
Hartnell - Brière - Leino
Holmstrom - Betts - Shelley/Carcillo splitting time


Well done gentlemen. I love that line up actually. I think Powe could work on the forecheck on Carter's line really really well.
I don't know how you could possibly break up G and Z right now

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.