HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Piece Broke on CCM U+ Stick

Old
10-03-2010, 04:33 AM
OilerMania83

vCash: 500
Piece Broke on CCM U+ Stick

My CCM U+ Vector stick had a bit of an accident tonight at hockey. At the heel of the blade there is a white piece that runs along the bottom that I assume is a weight of some sort. Tonight that piece got dislodged and it is now floating inside the stick. I can probably get the piece out but I have a few questions.

First, is it possible for me to fix this withouth having to do anything tooo drastic? I used the blade with the piece floating inside of it for a shift but the blade just didnt feel right at all. It has an awful feel now.

Second, is it possible to cut this stick and put a new blade in it (if I can't salvage the piece that's busted)?

Lastly, has anyone dealth with HockeyMonkey.com and their sticks? I ordered this stick from them and got it about 2-3 weeks ago. If they have some sort of warrant that'd be awesome...

Thanks a lot!

OilerMania83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2010, 05:00 PM
TBLfan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerMania83 View Post
My CCM U+ Vector stick had a bit of an accident tonight at hockey. At the heel of the blade there is a white piece that runs along the bottom that I assume is a weight of some sort. Tonight that piece got dislodged and it is now floating inside the stick. I can probably get the piece out but I have a few questions.
First, is it possible for me to fix this withouth having to do anything tooo drastic? I used the blade with the piece floating inside of it for a shift but the blade just didnt feel right at all. It has an awful feel now.
It's a piece to plug the hole. Originally the U+ had a hole there, you could literally see through the stick. In testing the sticks had fraying there so they added a slug there to stop it. It does nothing important.

Quote:
Second, is it possible to cut this stick and put a new blade in it (if I can't salvage the piece that's busted)?
It's not busted but not really. The U+ tapers a lot and would need quite a bit chopped off to fit a tapered blade, a standard blade in a flipped stick is possible if it's long enough and you don't care about how a stick performs.

Quote:
Lastly, has anyone dealth with HockeyMonkey.com and their sticks? I ordered this stick from them and got it about 2-3 weeks ago. If they have some sort of warrant that'd be awesome...

Thanks a lot!
HM doesn't have a warranty. CCM warranties their retail sticks for one month, you can find details on their web site.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote