1) Found myself yelling at Klein a couple of times. He reminded me of Hamhuis from last year at times.
2) Loved watching Ovechkin come down with the puck and Weber was there and I just knew Ovy wasn't getting by. (Of course, there was at least one time Ovy came down the side and there was Klein and not Weber. Klein did okay but I was worried.)
3) Caps didn't look like they wanted to play. I don't remember who they started but the players were so new/obscure that the videotron didn't even have two of their pictures up when they were announced.
4) Crowd was better than I expected for a Sunday morning. There were about 10 people with Preds jerseys including the guy with the Dunham #1 jersey. Haven't seen that one in ages.
5) Thought the Preds powerplay looked a little better at times. (Emphasis on little.) We actually got the puck into their zone several times.
6) We got very lucky several times. One Caps shot hit the pipe. Another time there was someone to Rinne's left and he missed what looked like an open net. Rinne did look strong though.
In general, our guys looked good. Played the Caps strong and kept the big guys away from the goal. I'm more positive that the Preds are ready for the season to start. The game on the 16th will be very interesting.