HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

And what of Lazarus? (Drury)

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface Avery View Post
We answered your question a million times....now how come you wont answer mine! Keep ignoring the people that make responses you cant argue with
How did you answer? Did you say "yes" he will have an impact year, and guys like me will have to admit he was good for the team?

Or did you say "no" he will continue to be a less than mediocre veteran center and pretty much give us more of what we've seen so far?

What is your answer>?

And what is YOUR question? Can't I see that we "need" Drury? Is that your question>?

Because I don't think we do.

What is the reponse I can't argue with?

Maybe you should lie down, you're beginning to talk gibberish.

Old
10-03-2010, 06:56 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
No, the question is, "how do we get rid of him?" He has a no movement clause. We're not going to buy him out, can't trade him and can't waive him. So what's the point of discussing this again? You're receiving hostile responses because this topic has been covered ad nauseum.

Old
10-03-2010, 06:58 PM
gluvhand

Why bother asking questions in your original post when you already have your opinions? Does what anyone else thinks really matter to you or just looking for an arguement? Just make a statement next time, then shame on us for responding.

Old
10-03-2010, 07:39 PM
BobSantos

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
...We're not going to buy him out...
Buying him out after this season seems financially doable.

CHRIS DRURY BUYOUT FROM CAPGEEK.COM
2011-2012: $3,716,667
2012-2013: $1,666,667

Old
10-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Ail
k.

Are we done yet?

Is Drury overpaid? Yes.

Is Drury a bad player? No.

rip
Old
10-03-2010, 07:52 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSantos View Post

Something to consider depending on who you replace him with and for how much. Anyway he is what he is. One thing he's not is a $7 mil player--at least not value wise.

Old
10-03-2010, 08:24 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSantos View Post

It is doable, but why? Unless we're super pressed for cash, we'd be better served just keeping him on the roster.

Old
10-03-2010, 08:43 PM
broadwayblue

I would consider buying him out after this year. 3.7 and 1.6 isn't so bad for the following two seasons. We don't need to be paying a 3rd line center 7+M. But at least we're nearing the end of his stay in NY.

Old
10-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
How did you answer? Did you say "yes" he will have an impact year, and guys like me will have to admit he was good for the team?

Or did you say "no" he will continue to be a less than mediocre veteran center and pretty much give us more of what we've seen so far?

What is your answer>?

And what is YOUR question? Can't I see that we "need" Drury? Is that your question>?

Because I don't think we do.

What is the reponse I can't argue with?

Maybe you should lie down, you're beginning to talk gibberish.
If you looked at the five previous comments i left then maybe you would see what questions i was asking....

Now to answer YOUR question in the easiest terms for your brain to understand:

Drury is NOT worth 7 mil...obviously. However he is a GREAT 3rd/4th line player. and since we CANNOT rid ourselves of him in any way possible...he absolutely deserves to be playing.

Drury is a GOOD player, who is overpaid. However, any team in the league would LOVE to have him at a fair salary.

Now please explain to me HOW you do not realize this. Either you dont watch hockey or are just completely oblivious to his play on the ice.

Old
10-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Drury is this team's captain, this team's top leader. You don't get rid of a captain like this when you're a team fighting for the playoffs. Even if it was feasible to move him, you don't.

Old
10-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

"Drury is a GOOD player, who is overpaid. However, any team in the league would LOVE to have him at a fair salary."

OK, THIS is where we disagree: he has NOT been a good player for The New York Rangers. I don;t care how much or how little you pay him, Nothing he has done is "good". He is mediocre AT BEST.

"If you looked at the five previous comments i left then maybe you would see what questions i was asking...."

THIS is just your moronic way of saying NOTHING and pretending you did.

What is your question for me?

Old
10-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
"Drury is a GOOD player, who is overpaid. However, any team in the league would LOVE to have him at a fair salary."

OK, THIS is where we disagree: he has NOT been a good player for The New York Rangers. I don;t care how much or how little you pay him, Nothing he has done is "good". He is mediocre AT BEST.

"If you looked at the five previous comments i left then maybe you would see what questions i was asking...."

Are you kidding? What does the guy have to do, win the cup himself? Score 50 goals?

He's definitely not AS clutch as he was with Buffalo, there is no doubting that, but he has done plenty of good things with NYR, just not for what he is paid.

Old
10-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:

The guy scored 25 and 22 goals with 33 and 34 assists his first two years for 58 and 56 pts. That's better than mediocre. Especially when you factor in how good he is defensively.

Old
10-03-2010, 09:28 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
You're buying into the company line from MSG and the NHL. What else are they gonna say? They can't point to anything he does on the ice! Oh wait, blocks shots.

I've said 3 times in this thread: I'm not talking about the contract.

Does anyone want to touch my question which was the original point of the thread?

Will this be the year he does something and shuts guys like me up? Anyone willing to go out on a limb?

Or is what you are all saying is that he has been "good enough"? Is he really "the example" we want for our younger guys? Not me
According to Joe M. he's the Ranger who came into camp in the best shape. During his first season in NY he scored more goals than he ever did while playing in Colorado. Last year was an off year for him (he's usually good for 55 to 65 pts). Despite his overall performance, the Rangers can still use him on special teams. Not to mention he's been a captain throughout his NHL career. Maybe (idk) we underrate his leadership qualities on and off the ice. I think he's already helped Cally and Dubinsky (although this season is huge for both players) mature into solid NHL players and (potential) future leaders of this organization. I think he can help do the same for Stepan and other young players (someone mentioned MDZ). So maybe there are a lot of intangibles to look at when assessing what Drury has and has not done for this team during the past 3 season's.

Old
10-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Leetch3

imo the demotion of mcdonagh instead of eminger or gilroy simply because he doesn't have to clear waivers tells us EXACTLY what will happen when drury returns. stepan will be on the next bus to hartford because he doesn't need to go thru waivers and this franchise will always pick the easy option over the correct one.

Old
10-03-2010, 09:43 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
This has just turned into a pissing match. We've had this discussion a billion times before, so I'm just gonna say we're done here.

It's just pain.
Closed Thread